Storage Solutions Need to buy an Internal 1 TB HDD

adi_vastava

Code Game Code F**K
Adept
Hi Guys,

I need more space to keep my data and am planning to get a internal 1 TB HDD. Which one do you suggest. I prefer bigger cache (64 mb at least)

Looking for model with less complaints and more warranty(if any)

Thanks for looking

For desktop, I am looking for it as a dump yard mostly. Not going to plug it all time(as of now). Between WD Green and Blue which one is more reliable. I checked and found that they have same warranty, so should I check for some thing specific.

WD green: low power use, cheapest(not recommended for 24/7 operation).The Green simply spin down much more often, which can lead to reliability problems in daily driver systems, IMHO. Saves energy by just parking the drive when it is not being actively used, in addition to being slower.You definitely don't want a green as your primary drive they take much longer to boot and spin up and they tend to have slower r/w speeds than blue
WD blue: standard drive, normal office use
found these through a simple google search.....I had a WD drive die on me so I m not fond of WD

^^ I did figured that much from google. what I was asking was if there is some problem with any of them in general (observed at TE). Anyways I went with WD Blue. Thanks for all the help.

May I know for how much u bought it and from where...!! Me too looking to buy one.

^^ I did figured that much from google. what I was asking was if there is some problem with any of them in general (observed at TE). Anyways I went with WD Blue. Thanks for all the help.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Back