Need to buy new phone budget upto 24k

fLUX

Skilled
Hi guys,

Help me buy a new phone , currently am owning a Samsung galaxy 3 which i had bought just 9-10 months ago , but now its outta production and h/w is pretty very much obsolete, so i want to make sure that the new phone i buy i will keep atleast for 2 years.
I have shortlisted the SGS (amoled one-23k local) , Lg optimus 2x , HTC Desire S , HTC Incredible S , the sgs2 at 30k is a overkill for me and i am not sure i would like to buy that can you please suggest better phones or the best among these.

I need a good camera (preferably with a flash) , video recording 720 p also not a problem , moderate gaming experience .

As i have seen not a lot of people are going for the lg optimus 2x any reason for the same apart from the sgs2 being just 5-6k more than Lg optimus 2x.

with 24k price limit samsing i997 4g infuse is a good option follow the link below to get it in 26k plus gift which is a worth of more than 2.5k NEW UNLOCKED SAMSUNG INFUSE i997 4G / GALAXY S2 FOR ANY GSM NETWORK | eBay is as similar as galaxy s2 except resolution and camera.the screen size is 4.5 inch. and super amoled screen or else my suggestion is s2 but it will cost 27.5k in ebay with gift worth 2.5k but it exceeding the budget i.e. 24k.one more limitation of infuse is only us waranty is available.but the feature of infuse i997 is almost same as galaxy s2. "samsung galaxys2 is the best in all".

galaxy s should come for less than 20k. It's a good phone though not future proof.

Lg isn't a big brand name in India when it comes to mobiles. People find something or the other wrong like bad camera performance or music quality or awkward interface.

The fight should be between optimus 2x and incredible s.

optimus 2x is fast and future proof but has about average audio quality and its video recording is not that good. it compresses the video too much causing it to lose some details especially in 1080p recording. it's stills are good though.

incredible s has a great interface and good still camera and is well built. it's video recording isn't that good and audio quality is subpar.

try both the phones and choose the one you prefer

hope i have helped:)

dhirojpradhan said:
with 24k price limit samsing i997 4g infuse is a good option follow the link below to get it in 26k plus gift which is a worth of more than 2.5k NEW UNLOCKED SAMSUNG INFUSE i997 4G / GALAXY S2 FOR ANY GSM NETWORK | eBay is as similar as galaxy s2 except resolution and camera.the screen size is 4.5 inch. and super amoled screen or else my suggestion is s2 but it will cost 27.5k in ebay with gift worth 2.5k but it exceeding the budget i.e. 24k.one more limitation of infuse is only us waranty is available.but the feature of infuse i997 is almost same as galaxy s2. "samsung galaxys2 is the best in all".

Samsung Infuse is NOT same as S2. Infuse has the same processor and GPU as Samsung Galaxy S and its variants. Only difference is its processor is clocked at 1.2 Ghz as opposed to 1 Ghz in Galaxy S phones. Only thing it has similar to S2 is the Super Amoled PLUS screen and possibly higher data speed since it is 4G.

@OP

Do not spend 23k for Galaxy S phone. For the price you are better off buying Optimus 2X because it is an dual core phone. Now if you are interested in single core phone, then you can buy Galaxy S phones for around 19k.

Forget Desire S, Incredible S or other HTC phones. #1) They are overpriced for single core phones #2) HTC Sense is not that good, that is my honest opinion.

So if you choose single core phone, then choose Galaxy S. If you choose dual core phone, then choose LG Optimus 2X. While Galaxy S will not recieve ICS officially, you can always bet that it will thanks to huge community support. Plus, it has same hardware as Nexus S so getting ICS would not be bad.

sukant said:
Can i stay with Galaxy S for the requirements of mine for around 2 years .

For camera and music, yes. For Browsing and watching movies, yes. For current games, yes. But from gaming standpoint, it might not last for 2 years. In that case, go for Optimus 2X. But for other usage, Galaxy S is fine.

sukant said:
Decided to extend budget and go for Samsung galaxy s2 :) , think its the best possible thing to do .

If you are extending your budget, then it would be wise to wait a little longer. Within few months, the next gen phones will be released with 720p resolution HD screen. It will be even better. So decide if you need a phone now, If so Galaxy S2 is really excellent. But if you can wait, then definitely go for phones with HD screen.

sukant said:
Will not such a screen itself (that too super amoled plus) and 1.5 ghz dual core processor (referring to nexus prime) boost the price to arnd 35k ??.

It should be anywhere from 30-35k. If this is not your budget, you can go ahead and buy SGS2 because it is still best model :) Just wanted to let you know that HD screen phones will be released shortly.

i think samsung galaxy s2 HD will be released sumtime later.. has awesome specs.. 4.65'' screen (Full HD) and other goodies..... IMHO go for the SGS2 coz it will satisfy all ur needs.

It certainly is not going to end up like the galaxy 3 i bought :) , i bought galaxy 3 and soon optimus p500 was released which was better than galaxy 3 , but since its a higher end phone (for me atleast :p) i think even new releases wont dampen my spirit much .

Back