Need to buy WP8 device

irfanlai

Adept
Need to buy a Windows Phone 8 device for official work. Where can I order/pre- order from.
Can I get a developer edition device with network free and other driver option.

Priority:-
Nokia Lumia 920
Nokia Lumia 820
Samsung ATIV S
HTC WP 8x

Nokia has changed its developer device program significantly so getting a device from them is a bit of a long shot now. And the developer edition device given away at BUILD was just a one off varient. Wait a bit and get it from India itself. Shouldn't be too long from what i'm hearing.

Nokia has changed its developer device program significantly so getting a device from them is a bit of a long shot now. And the developer edition device given away at BUILD was just a one off varient. Wait a bit and get it from India itself. Shouldn't be too long from what i'm hearing.

I'm also waiting for you to get your hands on a piece so that we have our in-house expert tell us how good/bad it is. :)

EDIT: Damn, just noticed your signature. Have you already discussed the HTC Windows Phone 8X somewhere here on the forum? :O

For starters where did you get the 8X? Were you at the San Francisco launch event? I know there are some pre-orders up in India for mid November but if you know a place selling it already would love to give it a shot over the weekend.

It should be on sale in India sometime next week. I believe some stores are already taking orders. Fwiw, the phone has already been officially launched in India.

What is your blog URL where you have reviewed Nokia devices

Nah.. Just logged in here after a few months. Been pretty busy. Ask away any specific questions you may have though.
How much space does the OS and built-in apps take ? I'm curious since they have used the NT kernel and the Surface takes a pretty huge space.

It should be on sale in India sometime next week. I believe some stores are already taking orders. Fwiw, the phone has already been officially launched in India.

Can you please tell me where you bought this device. If its officially launch in India where can I get. I am not getting any result in Google. Can you please guide me. The requirement is urgent.

@irfanlai Got it straight from Microsoft. It's a proto. You can read my reviews over at Fone Arena - The Mobile Blog
@sabby Nah, no where close to the amount that the Surface consumes. There's 14.5 GB of storage available on the 8X.

wp_ss_20121104_0013-576x1024.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Nah.. Just logged in here after a few months. Been pretty busy. Ask away any specific questions you may have though.

I've read almost all reviews of the new Windows 8 devices but wanted to know your opinion of the phone. Not from a reviewer's perspective but a user's perspective as a daily driver.

Looks like Nokia and HTC are struggling to supply. Back in the last days of October 8X and 8S were launched and priced with some blogs reporting a release "next week", i.e. first week November. In the middle of second week 8X showed up on Flipkart for pre-order with a release scheduled for 3rd week November. Now we are into the 4th week and no news at all. Seems like Nokia is releasing only in December and Samsung is completely MIA. Lots of reports worldwide of sellouts so I guess they are obliged to prioritize supply for countries already launched.

Back