Graphic Cards Need Your Help! FPS Drops & Stuttering on High-End PC

Why win 7? Obtain old win 7 iso the one before creators update or better get any one of 2k16 release. You will find genuine MS links online on many blogs or forums.

I tested my farcry issue on old win 10 vs the latest.

Also try nvidia drivers of july 17 or so.

I tested my farcry issue on old win 10 vs the latest.
And...?
What the issue?
There was no issue on an old WIn10 build?
Have you solved it?[DOUBLEPOST=1523541234][/DOUBLEPOST]
Why win 7? Obtain old win 7 iso the one before creators update or better get any one of 2k16 release. You will find genuine MS links online on many blogs or forums.
Windows 7 still has Creators Updates? Did MS stopped Win7 support?

Refer to my first reply with link to some farcry thread.
Currently there aint any difference between old and new win10. But for new win10 have to do some nvidia settings and it was way to trial and error experiment and went for a month until I got the perrrfect settings. This wasnt the case in old win10 though i cant recall what ver nvidia drivers i used then i never had to ever tweak any nvidia settings and games ran directly on ultra settings & no fps lag whatsoever.

Win 7 support is ended in 2k15 but extended support persist till 2k20.

http://home.bt.com/tech-gadgets/computing/windows-7/windows-7-support-end-11364081315419

Refer to my first reply with link to some farcry thread.
Currently there aint any difference between old and new win10. But for new win10 have to do some nvidia settings and it was way to trial and error experiment and went for a month until I got the perrrfect settings. This wasnt the case in old win10 though i cant recall what ver nvidia drivers i used then i never had to ever tweak any nvidia settings and games ran directly on ultra settings & no fps lag whatsoever.

Win 7 support is ended in 2k15 but extended support persist till 2k20.

http://home.bt.com/tech-gadgets/computing/windows-7/windows-7-support-end-11364081315419
Got it. MS will rollout only security updates till 2020. Nice.
What SP and version of Windows 7 would you recommend to install for troubleshooting testing?
Does Ultimate version the best one or Home Premium is enough?

Since 2 yrs now using 10. Was on ultimate 7 before with sp1. But gaming wasnt that much as had old gpu and no time to game. But all worked with peace of mind with only little bit of tweaking here and there.

I set to default and then reconfigured UEFI settings to "Custom Default":
- Customize the curve of all the CPU/CHASS fans to the following (Temp-Duty Cycle): 20C-20%/35C-50%/50C-100%
- Disable unnecessary EXT/HAMP fans, SATA ports and boot devices (leave only Win Boot Manager).
- Enable #1 XMP profile and set Sync All Cores to "Auto"mode.
- Set PCI & DMI to Gen3 speed.
- Set PCIEX4_3 and M.2_2 port to X4 speed.
- Disable all lighting, "bells and whistles" like ROG Effects, etc.
- Saved all these changes to ASUS OC #1 Profile named "Custom Default".

Then, I recorded new MSI Afterburner hardware monitor logs for GTA 5 (MAX settings, no SYNC) and The Witcher 3 (MAX, with/without VSync).

In GTA 5 these UEFI changes wasn't destroyed issues without FPS cap, but with 150 FPS lock (using RTSS) gameplay was really smooth (logs are below).
In The Wtcher 3 I recorded two logs with VSync disabled and enabled. You can compare logs and figure out what's the culprit of frame time spikes and micro stuttering.

Please, check the following MSI AB logs and help me decide where to dig.
GTA 5 logs with & without FPS lock: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1-4ch0jRzfUOE4BJezOoUePhcQZUDa7-u?usp=sharing
The Witcher 3 logs with & without VSync: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1K-bBvtLE6xIkBVNGjtr0vo7bjSayMBub?usp=sharing
Parent Google Drive "Games" folder with all games data included: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1FnN9ITcfzt3Dfqi6TJo9L5rM-yW_lSvk?usp=sharing

How do you think, what actually causes games issues on my rig?

UPDATE 3:

BAD NEWS!

Windows 7 HP SP1 didn't help in anyway. =(

I did a fresh install of Windows 7 with formatting previous OS drive (C:), then installed all the necessary Win7 (x64) service updates and drivers: GPU, LAN, Audio, Chipset, SATA, NVMe SSD, DirectX & Visual C++. Configured NVIDIA driver to previous Win10 config, reinstalled MSI AB & RTSS and load custom profiles from my backup.

Also, I've cleared CMOS and reconfigured UEFI with the following "Custom Default" settings:
- Enabled #1 XMP, Sync All Cores "Auto"
- Configured fans
- Change PCIEX4_3 & M.2_2 to X4 speed
- Disable unnecessary SATA ports, fans, lights and other garbage

Windows 7 changes:
- High Performance Mode
- Disabled all the startup items
- Disabled built-in AV and firewall
- Disable all reminders in Action Center

In GTA 5 (no FPS cap) I've noticed the same issues with frame time spikes and drops when pressing RMB when being in a vehicle. With capped FPS there were no problems as before installing Win7.

In The Witcher 3 I noticed almost constant 100% GPU utilization and the same spikes. On Win10 there weren't such a frequent MAX GPU utilization, only in high loaded areas.

Now, I'm pretty scared of all this cr*p even in well run Win7 OS.

GTA 5 logs: https://drive.google.com/open?id=15NAhU33h4mXKBqXfU6aOGq4aMlPRBFgs

The Witcher 3 logs: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1-9U66th5eAAnMJd9hrkjZCHxTUISKG-T

Any advice, if possible in such a creepy situation?

I wonder if it has anything to do with your g-sync monitor. Can you try a regular display or disable any settings on the monitor itself?

I wonder if it has anything to do with your g-sync monitor. Can you try a regular display or disable any settings on the monitor itself?
I disabled all the settings wich can affect performance. No G-Sync, ULMB or display overclocking.
Wide mode set to 1:1.
Will try a cheap 60 Hz monitor with DVI-D interface.

Btw whats the actual fps rate you getting and are you using Fraps to measure fps?

Anything above 45 is considered good and you must obviously be getting 100+ so thats way more sufficient.

Comparing with others is not something i prefer coz even if the whole specs are identical variations are bound to occur.

Btw whats the actual fps rate you getting and are you using Fraps to measure fps?

Anything above 45 is considered good and you must obviously be getting 100+ so thats way more sufficient.

Comparing with others is not something i prefer coz even if the whole specs are identical variations are bound to occur.
I use MSI AB + RTSS for monitoring & overclocking. No cr*ppy Fraps,

I've drops to 5 FPS.

Previously it was bit easy to diagnose but since the meltdown and spectre shit combined with crap nvidia drivers compatibility & then these aggressive doing no good windows updates all messed everything.
You are not alone in this situation.

People have left their favorite games owing to this frustrations even though owning latest setups.

I myself went through this and lost hopes until a lot of research + gathering bits and pieces and combining it all into one solution worked luckily but only for few games. Imagine nfs payback slutters sometimes on my pc while other heavy games play butterly smooth.

Heard just now my cousin bought some Rog laptop from US through a friend who was getting it in bulk and cursing it now as its not handling gta5 the way it should. Now he is in distance city so he is on his own. He left gaming ages ago but this offer tempted to begin new gaming chapter. Now he feels he was better off without games as this issue has irritated him to a desperate level.

Connect your PC to your TV with HDMI and see if it helps with the frame drops. It could be related to your G-Sync monitor.

Do you have any other GPU to rule out GPU issues? Spikes can be caused by the GPU randomly clocking down due to a failing power delivery system. Faced this on an R9 290 I had for a while.

Back