needed help with ps2 and lcd

quartzap

Disciple
hello guys...i hv decided to buy a PS2 off late (limited budget+ casual gamer+ ease of modding ->no PS3)... and intend to use it wid a 24" LCD monitor (to be purchased) most probably BenQ 2420HD as suggested on TE and being abs VFM...

1. what adaptors or xtra connectors i will need to buy to get the best possible vdo quality?

2. kindly suggest an entry level 5.1 system which can be hooked to PS2 and PC both..comments specific to 2420HD are welcome

3. since modding is to be done...kindly suggest the reliable places for buying and getting modded in lammy or palika wid good after service and cost. (i knw modding voids warranty :p)

Re: needed help wid ps2 and lcd

for best possible video quality.... I will recommend component video cables instead of Regular RGB. So, you should also get a VGA Box that supports component video input. Component video will make a staggering difference if we play a game in Progressive mode, on a HD display.

They will look something like this..

PS2%20COMPONENT%20VIDEO%20CABLE.jpg

Order them from here..

eBay India: COMPONENT AV CABLE FOR SONY PLAYSTATION 2 PS2 (item 120684519687 end time 20-Feb-2011 20:34:13 IST)

And, to use component, you need a VGA box that supports component input. Take a look at this.

eBay India: AVerMedia AVerTV Box Genie I VGA External TV Tuner (item 370484748705 end time 20-Feb-2011 12:39:10 IST)
About the 5.1, To get 5.1 out of PS2, you need a Speaker system that supports Digital Input. Things do sound pretty awesome that way. But, Speaker systems with Digital Input will be priced steep.

Take a look at Logitech Z506. They got solid reviews.. and if you are lucky, you can get them for 5k.If you are willing to spend more.. take a look at Logitech Z5400.

Hey do consider second hand PS3 Slim 120GB (12-13k~) incase you going with new PS2 + TV Tuner, waste IMO. You can connect PS3 directly using HDMi to 2420HD.

might consider that if i come across a good deal.... but still seeking help on "where to buy and get modded from" in palika /lammy as there r dozens of shops doing that.. and its not difficult to be fooled by them either :p

Back