Needs Advice (Gaming P.C)

Corsair carbide 400R is totally worth it imo!

Can be had for ~5k.

But I am with alpha17 about going with NZXT tempest EVO. As it has better cooling and more good reviews for almost no price premium over 400R. Please reconsider
<

But I am with alpha17 about going with NZXT tempest EVO. As it has better cooling and more good reviews for almost no price premium over 400R. Please reconsider
happy19.gif

then which one 300r / 500r/tempest evo?

What RAM module do you have currently, download CPU-Z [it is tiny ~1.6 MB] install it and just go to the RAM section and take a screenshot and post it here.

THE SYSTEM IS UNDER SCANNING FOR PROBLEM AT AN COMPUTER EXPERT OFFICE.

PLEASE SUGGEST A GOOD RAM

Go for Corsair 400R eyes closed,topic over.For ram go for Gskill Ripjaws 2X4GB-3.5k,if it's not available in the are then get it shipped.
then which one 300r / 500r/tempest evo?

THE SYSTEM IS UNDER SCANNING FOR PROBLEM AT AN COMPUTER EXPERT OFFICE.

PLEASE SUGGEST A GOOD RAM

The difference is, instead of 750W SMPS on which you will spend ~6500/- and not use fully, it will be almost always cross-loaded horribly and you will not draw more than ~500W max out of the SMPS it will be better you get the TX V2 650W ~5600/-, save some cash and still have ~100W of power in reserve for future upgrades.

Hey Alpha JohnyGoru, stop misleading the boy, will ya

When someone is buying a quality PSU, which comes with 5 years or more warranty, they are mostly not looking at having to change their PSU in 2 years odd. And looking at this boy who is already jumping to a Sandy rig from a barely 6-8 moths old X4 955 rig, how can you be sure that the so-much-more-100W extra/reserve power you are allocating to him will be enough for him for "future"upgrades? He can't even run CF if he wants to on that OMG-650W-is-such-a-lot-for-you PSU.

A TX750/850 V2 on the other hand is sorta future proof even if he goes for some logical upgrades and doesn't even cost much more. In fact it might be cheaper than having to sell the 650 and buying a 850 later- doh.

P.S: Can you please explain the "will be almost always cross-loaded horribly"part of your comment?

Here is a quick look-up on the same and here's what i found-

http://www.pcper.com...gulation-Line-R

In the first set of tests we put a heavy load on the +12V output and a light load on the remaining outputs. Neither PSU had any problem delivering 59A or 69A on the +12V rail under these conditions. Even with this large imbalance, the voltages all stayed well within spec. This is pretty much what we have come to expect from newer PSUs that use DC-to-DC converters to produce the +3.3V and +5V outputs from the +12V rail, which makes them relatively immune to cross-loading problems.

In the second set of tests we reversed the cross-load and placed a heavy load on the +3.3V and +5V outputs with a light load on the +12V rail. Once again, both PSUs passed this test without problems and all the voltages remained in spec.

Also, JohnyGoru Alpha, have you ever checked the efficiency chart/graph for PSUs? Can you guess where is peak efficiency usually at? And if someone who only uses the pc for gaming or stuff where the pc is usually at high loads and draws 400-450W odd, what wattage PSU will be best suited for him so that he enjoys max efficiency/power saving?
happy19.gif

And why the fook do you have a cpu-Z validation at 800MHz? 3.4GHz-is-a-lot-for-you ? Then you should get a Brazos

http://valid.canardp....php?id=1748142

P.S. Sorry if i sound rude but to use one's brain is to be able to comprehend than just compare specs or price.

Please dont touch the the Corsair Nova or Force drives.. super slow , pointless drives...

The SSD of choice is the 120GB Series 520 Drive from Intel ! The Best firmware on a Sandforce drive.. PERIOD.

And yes.. listen to pegasus... he is talking complete sense
<

Cheers and kind regards
<

#[member='pegasus'] P.S. Sorry if i sound rude but to use one's brain is to be able to comprehend than just compare specs or price.

You aren't being rude Sire. Actually I am glad you guys [you and #[member='toolius']] joined the party here it was getting monotonous.

And why the fook do you have a cpu-Z validation at 800MHz? 3.4GHz-is-a-lot-for-you ? Then you should get a Brazos

http://valid.canardp....php?id=1748142

Did not get you here, Sire?

Also, JohnyGoru Alpha, have you ever checked the efficiency chart/graph for PSUs? Can you guess where is peak efficiency usually at? And if someone who only uses the pc for gaming or stuff where the pc is usually at high loads and draws 400-450W odd, what wattage PSU will be best suited for him so that he enjoys max efficiency/power saving?

I know an SMPS is most efficient when the power drawn from it is in between the 50% -->80% Arc. Now OP will not --
  • over-clock, he crossed no bones on this. He did not even over-clock his black edition processor. I don't know if he will over-clock his Core i5 2500k, which is much more frugal in the power department.
  • CrossFireX, honestly after the release of the 78** series cards it is better if OP goes for a new graphics card in his next upgrade than continue with a CrossFire set-up. Also he hasn't expressed any desire to do so either.
  • I am assuming he wants to put a maximum of say ~3 -->4 hard-drives [including the SSD], even a Seasonic S12II 520W can support that many hard-drives.
  • As for explaining Cross-loading, here are a few revealing articles that I had read in connection with SMPS reviews --> http://www.hardwaresecrets.com/article/410 / http://www.jonnyguru.com/modules.php?name=Testing_Methodology.

Cross loading:

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
Switchmode power supplies typically have rails that interact with each other. An extremely high load on one rail can cause another rail to go out of spec.​
[/font]​

Recently, Legit Reviews reviewed an Ultra X2 550W power supply in a rig with a pair of ATI X1900 video cards and saw a drop in voltage below the acceptable 11.4V threshold, yet the PC did not lock up or crash or anything of the sort. Something I found quite interesting because this same power supply on the load tester dopped only .5V over the entire range of the load tester.​
[/font]​

Using the specs that were listed on Legit's website for the test rig, I then calculated what the load on each rail of the power supply would be. As I suspected, I found that the test rig had a very high 12V load (about 30A total) and a very, very low 3.3V and 5V load (with only two sticks of RAM, one hard drive, no PCI cards, etc. I figured on about 30W between the two rails.) So essentially, the power supply really wasn't overloaded, it was just crossloaded. Which is another word for a "lop sided" or "uneven" load on a power supply.
[/font]

Well, the results of these findings are certainly valid information and since they were accomplished using a real machine, it is certainly something that could happen to someone with a build similar to the one in the review. So I decided to turn the 3.3V rail load on my tester all of the way down to 3A, and the 5V load all of the way down to 4A. Once the PSU was crossloaded, if the voltages were below 11.4V, I then increase the load on the 3.3V and 5V rails until the 12V rail is back in spec.
[/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Sure enough, this experiment resulted in 12V rail voltages of 11.38V and 11.32V. Once I increased the load to 4A on the 3.3V and 6A on the 5V, the PSU was at 11.45V and 11.40V on the two 12V rails. So I think it's safe to say that if this machine had a second hard drive, or a PCI card or two or maybe more USB devices, it may have saved the 12V rail. On the other hand, the build Legit Reviews was a monster and, quite frankly, I would have never considered throwing an X2 550W in there.[/font]

Hope this clears the air on what a heavily cross loaded SMPS is.

A TX750/850 V2 on the other hand is sorta future proof even if he goes for some logical upgrades and doesn't even cost much more. In fact it might be cheaper than having to sell the 650 and buying a 850 later- doh. He can't even run CF if he wants to on that OMG-650W-is-such-a-lot-for-you PSU.

Have you spent the time through the entire thread Sire all the 100+ posts, I am a mite bit angry at this comment and stop calling me Alpha JohnnyGuru please. You should have seen how ingratiating it has become to suggest anything to the OP. Also here is anoother mebers views on our own forum pertaining to what will be the ideal SMPS for a power hungry gaming RIG [considering no over-clocking and most importantly a single HD 6950 2GB]. Please read up that article by mav2000 Sire.

And I reiterate again the OP is not over-clocking the processor OR the graphics card, he is not going for a multiple hard-drive solution. In fact I find it slightly overrated that he is even junking his not so olde Phenom IIx4 Black Edition RIG in favour of Sandy-Bridge. If it were upto me I would have waited till Haswell, but that is my view and OP is entitled to do whatever he wishes with his money.

When someone is buying a quality PSU, which comes with 5 years or more warranty, they are mostly not looking at having to change their PSU in 2 years odd. And looking at this boy who is already jumping to a Sandy rig from a barely 6-8 moths old X4 955 rig, how can you be sure that the so-much-more-100W extra/reserve power you are allocating to him will be enough for him for "future"upgrades?

I honestly doubt that OP is going to need to change his SMPS in favour for anything over the TX V2 650W solely because of the following reasons --
  • let us run his new RIG through a power calculator, this here is the result --> http://www.extreme.outervision.com/PSUEngine. I agree I have been a little conservative, but still the max power draw should not exceed ~550W, still leaves OP ~100W of room to play around, if he suddenly gets stoked about over-clocking.
  • I don't see components becoming more and more power hungry, in fact Ivy-Bridge which OP wants to jump onto once it releases in force will be more frugal.
  • No SLi / CrossFire on OP's mind, no water cooling loops, no over-clocking immediately. So what is the big deal in investing in a TX V2 750W / 850W. Plus his cabinet options the Cooler Master 690 and Corsair Carbide 300R aren't really very conducive to a lot of cables sitting like tangled / knotted weed.

Hope this clears the air, Cheers!!

according to u all what are the upgrades of psu,cabby,ssd & ram?

i have 8 gb(2gb*4) so which ram to upgrade?

cabby please suggest fast?

psu also?

geting 750v2@6500+5%

please suggest price also..

Akash

i have 8 gb(2gb*4) so which ram to upgrade?

Which brand? What frequency, latency ratings please.

cabby please suggest fast?

If you are getting the NZXT Tempest EVO ~5500/-, go for that. If that is out of your budget, snap up the Corsair carbide 300R ASAP.

geting 750v2@6500+5%

Is this the only Corsair SMPS that is available, how many hard-drives do you plan to use? I think the Corsair TX V2 650W ~5600/- will be more than enough for you.

no i m set for getting tx750v2

And i think of getting 500r what about it?price info please..

i can invest 6.5 k in cabby as i increased the budget.

p04.jpg
Memory Module DDR3 SDRAM
p04.jpg
Capacity 2GB / 1GB
p04.jpg
Speed supported(bps) 1333 MHz
p04.jpg
ChipSet 64 Mb x 8, 128Mb x 8
p04.jpg
Packaging FBGA
p04.jpg
Number of connections 240
p04.jpg
Module frequency 10.6 GB/Sec Single, 21.2 GB/Sec Dual Channel.
p04.jpg
Internal block design 4 or 8-bank
p04.jpg
Prefetch 8-bit
p04.jpg
Working Voltage 1.5 +/- 0.05V
p04.jpg
Dimension 134 x 32 x 7 (with packaging)
p04.jpg
Weight 37 g (without packaging)
p04.jpg
Appliable PC Windows OC platform personal computers

The SSD of choice is the 120GB Series 520 Drive from Intel ! The Best firmware on a Sandforce drive.. PERIOD.

what about kingston ssd's?

#[member='Akash']

no i m set for getting tx750v2

Suit yourself Sire.

And i think of getting 500r what ab8 it?price info please..

No do not go for the Corsair Carbide 500R, here is the reason read the review fully it is something you will never hear OR see. Better go for the NZXT Tempest EVO instead.

what about kingston ssd's?

As I said, I have no experience with SSD's, #[member='toolius'] Sire has said that the Intel 520 series drives are the best. Better check if they are available in your area, else personally I will say go for the Corsair Force 3 GT 120GB ~8500/-.

Well I am still not clear about which RAM you are using as in the Brand.

But I would suggest you go for the Corsair XMS3 4GB x2 1600MHz ~3400/- OR G.Skill RIPJAWS 4GB x2 1600MHz~3400/- to replace the old RAM modules.

Hope this helps, Cheers!!

cheers getting 400r @ 4500+tax+free shipping

but the main thing is ab8 availablity

getting 320 series 120 gb @ 10600+tax

is it worth?

#[member='Akash']

getting 320 series 120 gb @ 10600+tax

is it worth?

Not worth it, Sire.

cheers getting 400r @ 4500+tax+free shipping

but the main thing is ab8 availablity

So finally you are buying the Corsair Carbide 400R. Congratulations, Sire.

#DarkAngel Sire, a review that I had stumbled upon and it is rather startling --> http://hardwarebbq.com/product-review/corsair-carbide-series-500r-mid-tower-case-review/.

#[member='ALPHA17']

Well i risked getting banned as i was feeling a bit suicidal but i am glad you retained your patience with me just as yu have done with the OP.

Now let me also say that i am sorry for my fake anger/rudeness towards you and you truly deserve an award for being the only person for repeatedly anwering every query from the OP. I assure you you will get one from someone somewhere. But there is also a possibility that you might be deprived of it due to your nagging "Sire" habit.

The moral of this thread is- Please do not spoon-feed anyone. They keep asking for more and it won't stop till you make them realise they are adult enough to decide for themselves and be accountable for their own decisions/actions.

Certain people have learnt it the hard way while dealing with a certain techboi earlier. The more you reply, the deeper you sink, like in quicksand.

Coming to the OP's situation- he honestly doesn't need to upgrade till Haswell maybe. A X4 955 is not a bad chip for gaming and his requirement of being able to run any game at full 1080p with everything Ultra, etc on a 6950 2GB is more demanding of a GPU upgrade tha anything else.

He has a GX550 that is mostly overloaded/faling and running very hot inside an el-cheapo case with no proper ventilation, so much so that the pc does a full shutdown every 20 mins odd, no BSOD or any other shit- typically indicating a PSU overload/faulty issue.

He has gone to the extent of keeping a wet towel on top of his cabinet/case to get it to work upto 40-45 minutes at a stretch.

He also experiences unexplainable slowdowns while multitasking that i am unable to comprehend fully and also might indicate the CPU throttling down due to the heat/power issue.

All he should get honestly is just a good PSU and a good case and setup his rig properly.

If his problems or that feeling of lack of speed still persist, then he may consider troubleshooting/RMA/upgrade.

If he wants 1080p gaming at everything Ultra+ and irrespective of which game he plays, not wanting to tweak his in-game setting ever, he should get the biggest, baddest GPU out there and relish the feeling of not being able to buy anything more powerful and that's the best anyone can do. (alongwith a proper PSU and case abviously)

these aditya infotech ones they are the idiots ,

they said firstly that they can arrange now the idiots are saying that its not available.......

please suggest a cabby that is better than 400r and fits in 6.5k budget....

@pregasus

thats not the thing the main motive behind asking is to get the best.

this is because u all are more experienced than me .

The moral of this thread is- Please do not spoon-feed anyone. They keep asking for more and it won't stop till you make them realise they are adult enough to decide for themselves and be accountable for their own decisions/actions.

Certain people have learnt it the hard way while dealing with a certain techboi earlier. The more you reply, the deeper you sink, like in quicksand.

clapping.gif

#[member='pegasus']

Coming to the OP's situation- he honestly doesn't need to upgrade till Haswell maybe. A X4 955 is not a bad chip for gaming and his requirement of being able to run any game at full 1080p with everything Ultra, etc on a 6950 2GB is more demanding of a GPU upgrade tha anything else.

True, but read up the earlier posts, a lot of members #[member='Jakob'] and myself included tried to dissuade him from this overhaul, but he is as adamant on the issue like a petulant child who wants ice-cream. So since then you can see we are now at post #158 and none the wiser.

He has a GX550 that is mostly overloaded/faling and running very hot inside an el-cheapo case with no proper ventilation, so much so that the pc does a full shutdown every 20 mins odd, no BSOD or any other shit- typically indicating a PSU overload/faulty issue.

He has gone to the extent of keeping a wet towel on top of his cabinet/case to get it to work upto 40-45 minutes at a stretch.

He also experiences unexplainable slowdowns while multitasking that i am unable to comprehend fully and also might indicate the CPU throttling down due to the heat/power issue.

Agree on this issue as well, by the way where did you get these details of putting a wet-towel on the cabinet?

I doubt OP has mentioned that in his issues.

Even I concluded that the issue was a local dabba with a GX series SMPS heating up in the North India heatwave season. But OP wants his way OR the highway, so literally caught in an impasse here. I do agree that spoon feeding will not get the OP anywhere, but it hasn't been helpful at all in this case. I mean I am still telling him to reconsider a decent cabinet, a solid SMPS no more than the Corsair TX V2 650W would have solved his problems, but no he wants his SSDs and brand new 'Intel' ka processor will not be really surprised if he is one of those guys who goes around bad mouthing AMD processors for 'over-heating'.

I don't have any quarrels with you Pegasus, thanks for understanding my point of view and putting your views very forthrightly. Just let me solve this miserable thread. Cheers!!

these aditya infotech ones they are the idiots ,

they said firstly that they can arrange now the idiots are saying that its not available.......

please suggest a cabby that is better than 400r and fits in 6.5k budget....

thats not the thing the main motive behind asking is to get the best.

this is because u all are more experienced than me .

If you were observing tagging people is done with a hash in front of their name like this #[member='Akash']. Also I think I ought to speak my mind on his topic now --
  • I feel that you are pretty confused and out of focus with a lot of things on this thread, you just keep shovelling questions on my face [and I am answering all of them].
  • I don't know with what temperament you filled the template. Half the things you mentioned there you yourself are not following.
  • Your budget is fluctuating as wildly as a puppy's tail in excitement. I mean you were willing to expend upto ~25000/- on the processor + motherboard initially and now again I have lost focus of your budget. It started around ~35000/-, considering all the stuff you want to purchase now SSD + RAM kit + mid-tower + Z77 based motherboard + Core i5 2500k this will easily cross ~40000/- mark. Also your priorities are varying and really inconsistent.
  • Look I am sorry but I needed this venting, the MODs can delete my post not an issue they can serve me an infraction, ban me from the forum, anything and everything BUT I am sorry I have not come to a more muddled, mismanaged, misinterpreted thread for the past 2[sup]1[/sup]/[sub]2[/sub] years.

Okay now seriously on your queries --
  1. Get the Corsair Carbide 300R if its available, if it is not get the NZXT Tempest EVO ~5500/- and kill the cabinet issue.

Back