NEFT Related

Any idea about the minimum balance requirement?

I always had Salary Accounts with Citi and HDFC. So it was 0.00. But when I changed jobs, HDFC (after a year); hit me with some penalty for not maintaining 15000 per quarter, or some sh** like that. The morons did not even tell me. I went and closed it. SBI has become zero balance throughout, irrespective, at least I saw it on the papers. I think ICICI also have some minimal amount for non-salary savings.

Oh A relative of mine was intimidated by HDFC regarding the salary account when she left the job.
I have an SBI account already. Not the zero-balance but I think 1k.

Oh A relative of mine was intimidated by HDFC regarding the salary account when she left the job.

All SBI savings accounts are now zero balance.

I use union bank and its net banking is a swift. No tension to get id and pass from branch, everything online and beneficiary confirmation in just 2 hrs flat.

Ya sbi neft and rest online cash transactions are slow and take long time to get processed but they are way too secured. And have to pass through various security levels such as cell phone password and so on.
I'm dealing with this pain since long time but its a gain in the end.

God knows why HDFC behave so bad. I have personally complained about their staff, when the harassed me to get a draft made. Am damn happy, my account is over with them, when I used them for 7 years (my first job). Idiots.

God knows why HDFC behave so bad. I have personally complained about their staff, when the harassed me to get a draft made. Am damn happy, my account is over with them, when I used them for 7 years (my first job). Idiots.

Ditto, to change a simple mobile number I had to travel to another part of the city (in Kolkata) on weekdays, multiple times. Then there were issues with checks, CBS, etc...complained numerous times, but HDFC remained unchaged.

I always had Salary Accounts with Citi and HDFC. So it was 0.00. But when I changed jobs, HDFC (after a year); hit me with some penalty for not maintaining 15000 per quarter, or some sh** like that. The morons did not even tell me. I went and closed it. SBI has become zero balance throughout, irrespective, at least I saw it on the papers. I think ICICI also have some minimal amount for non-salary savings.

15000 per quarter?

Even classic account having minimum balance of 10 lakhs get that much charged.

Now at present its 750 per quarter or something.

Also SBI started zero balance account now.If you had one that might be no frills account where 50000 would be the minimum deposit in a year you can make.

I am sure you might have mixed something in thinking.

ICICI cheaper?

I guess thats the bank which charges for every transaction done via branch.Ofcourse i dont feel its cheaper.

HDFC is branch base wise f$% up.Some branches too good whereas other branch too f$5 up.

axis bank...even have superb android application do recharge mobile,for doing neft,you can add beneficery any time and can transfer money without any delay,you can pay various bill through it also,same option also available in internet banking....

so far kotak mahindra net banking sucks like hell...
Yes Axis is the best i am using it from 5+ years!! No problem with neft adding beneficiary, even city bank online also good.if i remember correctly hdfc neft takes 1 day to activate the beneficiary

- - - Updated - - -

They hit you RS 5, per outgoing. Same with SBI.

Citi is a bliss. Even HDFC takes 24H for activation of the payee. Lame.

Now there is a restructuring of neft charges,below 10k its is 2rs odd

The Beneficiary activation was done at 12:30pm and I have transferred via NEFT just now, how much time will it take to reflect in the other person's account.

neft transactions are done in batches every 2 hours or so. so i would guess max two to three hours.

- - - Updated - - -

neft transactions are done in batches every 2 hours or so. so i would guess max two to three hours.

SBI Retail Internet Banking is totally Crap. You cant NEFT for 16-24 hours(activation) + 5 days after you add a beneficiary. If you are in urgent need you can always print "Branch Activation Form" and get it activated from Branch. Beneficiary activated thru Branch don't have any limitations.

I have SBI corporate Banking and there is nothing like activation etc if you add beneficiary using Administrators account.

ICICI, Axis, Citi, PNB, Union Bank etc allow immediate beneficiary activation on their retail internet banking.

Back