Netflix launches in India, Starts at 500/mo

Last edited:
VPN PROVIDERS CONDEMN NETFLIX BLOCKING CRACKDOWN

VPN providers have unanimously condemned Netflix's crackdown on subscribers who use so-called unblocking services. Several VPN companies have announced counter-measures, while others raise the issue of Net Neutrality, suggesting that there are better ways to tackle abuse.

TorrentFreak spoke with several VPN providers to hear their thoughts on Netflix’s plans. Several are already dealing with the issue and promise to do their best to ensure that workarounds will remain available.

“This announcement comes as no surprise to us and we have been expecting a Netflix VPN crackdown for some time now,”
TorGuard’s Ben van der Pelt says.

“Unfortunately, many legitimate paid subscribers will be left in the dark as an unavoidable outcome of overreaching IP blocks.

“TorGuard is monitoring the situation closely and we have recently implemented new measures that can bypass any proposed IP blockade on our network. VPN users who encounter Netflix access problems are encouraged to contact us for a working solution,” he adds.

Source: https://torrentfreak.com/vpn-providers-condemn-netflix-blocking-crackdown-160118/

No use of Netflix in India because of crappy FUPs and very poor after FUP speeds!!! :unamused: We'll just end up exhausting our FUP in a week's time ... :disappointed:

No use of Netflix in India because of crappy FUPs and very poor after FUP speeds!!! :unamused: We'll just end up exhausting our FUP in a week's time ... :disappointed:
Broadband speeds are secondary here. It's not their fault, If you want netflix get a higher end broadband plan with minimum of 100GB FUP or else a 4mbps unlimited connection.

Firstly, Content is not at all available. They do not want genuine users to use US streaming via VPN.. Yet they want to grow worldwide, Not going to happen in India.

For comparison How many titles are available for India, US and UK: (Courtesy:https://flixsearch.io/)
Netflix.JPG

Torrents are here to stay!

Torrents are here to stay!

Agree with this. I am in US and have access to all these things and a better internet but still I rely heavily on torrents. My wife watches some obscure American reality TV shows and finding links in Kodi is not always working and if you find, it doesn't work or buffer. She gets pissed at such things. She also learnt how to download torrents so I don't have to do all the time.
Just that since the time I got notice from ISP, I don't directly download torrents and instead go through a website.

Are the ISP in US that strict against torrent?
How do they know that illegal content is being downloaded because torrent can be used to share legal material also.

Are the ISP in US that strict against torrent?
How do they know that illegal content is being downloaded because torrent can be used to share legal material also.

The ISP (TWC for me) sent me an email with the "exact file name" which I had downloaded. They know what you are doing. I still do (direct) torrent for Indian stuff as I believe they don't care with Indian stuff. But for anything not Indian, I use a website where I download the torrent and then direct download at full speed on my machine.

The ISP (TWC for me) sent me an email with the "exact file name" which I had downloaded. They know what you are doing. I still do (direct) torrent for Indian stuff as I believe they don't care with Indian stuff. But for anything not Indian, I use a website where I download the torrent and then direct download at full speed on my machine.

That's some spooky stuff that they can spy on you like that.

Also what's the site?

I use websites like zbigz and filestream.io and they download files on their server using torrents and then provide a direct link for me to download using IDM.
If you remember torrific, this is the same thing.

That means torrents work in almost all countries.

Back