Network Card Problem : Code 10. BSNL BB Not connecting.What is it?

m-jeri

A Nobody.
Skilled
Hi All...

This is the third issue i am facing in very short time...:mad: :( :( ...

I have a Intel original DP35DP mobo. and a BSNL connectiion.

Last few days i get the DSL/WLAN/Power lights..but no Internet connection.
It was working fine until last fri..... saturday i had a cleaning spree... have to move all the stuff our of my room and all.... after that this issue...

When the JE from BSNL came to check the modem...coz i bugged him a lot... he said my network card may not be working....

Some days ago...in a lightning my PSU and modem did went up...but after replacing everything worked fine, the network card too....until cleaning that is...

Here are what i found...

1. In device manager..it shows up with a Exclamatory yellow icon....

2. on selecting the properties..it says code 10. the modem cant start

3. Tried repairing the driver..but the installation is not finishing.... Not hanging either

4. Tried updating the driver..but it says no need.

5. Tried uninstall and reinstall..no use.....

So what the heck happened???? My network card gone??...will the rest of my mobo be affected..??

My mobo is under warranty..so i can do RMA...but my current schedule in office is very tight.... so i was thinking just buy a Network card and use it....after disabling the intel one...

Is this ok??

Any inputs be appreciated....

Jerin

common problem when the cleaning is done.
most probably the cmos setting in bios for the nic is corrupted as a result of which the os sees a corrupted nic and refuses to load drivers for it, or start it.

Confirm that the NIC is enabled in the bios setup.

Try clearing the m/b cmos, preferably deep-clearing it by removing the battery overnight.

once i had seen similar thing happen on a noob's pc who had also gone on a cleaning spree / frenzy.i found that the battery was inserted the wrong way, meaning both the battery terminals were in contact with the same -ve m/b battery connector, in effect shorting it. so check the battery placement too.

if clearing the cmos does not remedy the problem then try reinstalling the os or get a cheap new NIC, insert it after disabling the m/b nic in bios setup, and after uninstalling the present NIC drivers from the OS.

ps: ur new NIC may not work too, it may give the same code 10 error so get it from a shop which can exchange the NIC.

^^^^

Err... I didnt open the PC..... i have lots of stuff in my room..i cleaned that.... i just disconnected the pc and the peripherals...

m-jeri said:
^^^^
Err... I didnt open the PC..... i have lots of stuff in my room..i cleaned that.... i just disconnected the pc and the peripherals...
irrespective of whether you cleaned your mind, body, soul,cash locker, room, pc, etc....try what i have posted earlier....
and next time do not mention the word "clean", "cleaning" etc...w.r.t pc without implying that you have never opened a pc case before. hardcore technical guys will always assume that by cleaning + pc you must have cleaned all the dust between the fins of h/s, dust between the pins of ic's, dust on the hdd and on the fan blades.
post proper question and you will get proper reply to ur solutions. you get what you give syndrome. understood.

^^^^

Hehehhe..lolz......

yea..was sure that i may get this answer... i did say i have to move all my stuff out....

anyways...

the battery part is check.. i never touched it..the bios... !!!.... well i have no idea how to do that..... let me check

Back