Graphic Cards Never buy XFX GPUs or deal with Akshay Enterprises in Kolkata

girish78

Disciple
As the title suggests that is exactly what I mean. The reason is as follows.

My friend had a XFX 8800 GT Oced Edition Extreme series card which he bought from Arihant Info Tech in Kolkata. In fact, we both bought the same card together. After using the card for 1.5 yrs, suddenly one day he started experiencing no display issues. He came over to my place to test his system and it appeared that the GPU was faulty. Hence, he followed the normal process of getting it replaced and approached Arihant Info tech the next day. He was as usual greeted by Anil and Ashok (Both are very well mannered) and they promptly informed him to take the card to Akshay Enterprises, Room no 23, Stephen House Kolkata for replacement as they had imported the card. He went to Akshay Enterprises the same day and spoke with Mr Narendra who checked the card himself and pointed out a scratch which has caused the card to burn. My friend was kind of puzzled as there was no indication of any burn marks. He said ideally this card will not be replaced as it got burnt but he will certainly try and informed my friend to inquire after a week. My humble friend agreed and came back home.Upon calling Akshay Enterprises on after a week he was informed by Mr Narendra that it will take about 20-30 days for the card to be replaced as it needs to sent to XFX for replacement.

After a month, my friend inquired the status of his 8800GT RMA and was informed it will take a month more. In the meanwhile he approached Arihant Info Tech so that they can speak with Mr Narendra to speed up the matter but he was told that they have stopped dealing with Akshay as there is a confirmed news that Akshay Enterprises is opting out of this business. They denied to speak with Mr Narendra from Akshay and insisted my friend to sort out the matter himself.

Again, after a month my friend called up Akshay Enterprises and he was told the card has come and is stuck at customs. So exactly after 70 days my friend visited Akshay with joy thinking he is going to get his card back. Surpringly, he was given a 8800GT card which had Nvidia Reference clock speed. He informed Mr Narandra that his card had better clock speed (640 Mhz instead of 600 Mhz) and was informed that XFX has sent this card only and either he takes or or gets nothing. In desperation to get his card back he asked this card to be tested. The engineer appointed by Mr Narendra was a 20 year old fellow knowing nothing much but boasting that he knows a lot. The card was idling at 80C and when a GPU testing software was run it was running at 89-90C. My friend pointed out that temps were very high and he was told that these are standard temps and till the card crashes it is fine. Akshay also informed that hence forth there is no warranty on the card and he will only give 3 day testing warranty. He asked my friend to pay Rs 600 for customs charges but my friend paid him Rs 300 after a lot of negotiation. He took the card and came back home, installed it on his system and the card was making a ticking noise. Upon inspection he noticed the the card fan blade was hitting one of the metal bracket. This caused the fan speed to be low and the temps to be high. Akshay has two huge blower fans in his place due to which it is pretty noisy and this ticking noise of the fan cant be heard over there.

My friend went to Akshay Enterprises the next day and he was told to leave the card by the genius engineer. This time he was not humble as there is a limit to everything. Mr Narendra was not present and his engineer called up Mr Narendra who informed my friend to visit him next Saturday and he will change the 8800GT. He cant do it anytime before next Saturday as there was a sudden death of his close relative.

My friend gave the card back and came back home. The Climax will be revealed on next Saturday.

I was not at all happy all this while knowing the progress of my friends 8800GT RMA. I was also upset with Arihant Info Tech.

Day before yesterday even my card started giving me no display problem and upon inspection it was revealed it is a GPU issue. I took the card to Akshay today and was informed by the engineer that the card needs to be sent to XFX and will take 15-20 days. So it is my turn now to go through the harrassment, frustration that my good friend has gone already through and I dont know what more is in store for him and me.

You all must be thinking why my friend did not email XFX. There is actually no point bcoz the only person who replies to the tickets raised is named Lucky. Mr Lucky does not seem to be a human but a Bot which only knows to type the standard answer. Contact your dealer or Distributor for replacement.

Why is it that dealers like this exist? Why is it that XFX aint doing anything about it? Why is it that we customers always suffer? How come XFX replaced with a standard 8800GT as compared to the Oced 8800GT which was RMAed? Is it XFX or Akshay Enterprises who is playing these tricks?

All these questions are unanswered and I feel what I mentioned in the subject line. I had high regards for Arihant as a dealer but I have lost it now as they also told me the same thing and declined to help.:mad:

prime example y i always get product from someone who wont backout @ the time of warranty....after all u dont realize that u actually pay extra just for that.......nyways u said u tried contacted XFX but how? u tried to email their US office ? also u must have register ur product right? as per ur ques why should xfx care they idiots have got the money the moment u purchased the product....n yaa both r just playing with u...... right now nothing gonna help u if u wouldn't take the charge it will take time and ultimately u will suffer so go ahead f c u k them off.

@Aman27deep - u talking abt palit support hope u know its Tirupati (here in Delhi they r undoubtedly bull-S-hit.......)

Is Akshay Enterprises alone the importer of XFX gpu's..? If i am not mistaken even Rashi is an importer of the same.You could perhaps approach them as well.

abhaybhegde said:
Is Akshay Enterprises alone the importer of XFX gpu's..? If i am not mistaken even Rashi is an importer of the same.You could perhaps approach them as well.

hehehe:tongue: Rashi OMG:clap::clap:, please search the Graphic cards section for XFX and Rashi (deadly duo combination for awesome customer service).

I know its not fair but from an experienced customer point of view (that is me:p) better start planning for a new card....gtx 460:D

Stay away from Rashi. Never dealt with Akshay but just stay away from Rashi. I have had horrible experience with them :|

lol giriish i was thinking u didnt appear since some time so maybe ur pc stopped giving u problems but .... :lol:

i would say stay away from XFX , Rashi , Akshay and 8800GTs also since they die a lot :p

I had registered my product with XFX. Sent an Enquiry to the technical team which was responded by the Non Human fella Lucky stating "Contact the dealer or distributor". I dont know whether he even read what I wrote.

Our 8800 GTs are wonderful cards. I just loved it and it did last for 1.5 years approx for both of us. The problem is not with the product but the after sales support.

Yes all options are closed it seems. I am gonna accompany my friend on Sat for a Mega Mouth Talk. But I dont think that will help but will try as nothing else is left. Akshay fella Narendra told my friend" Tum mera kya bigaad loge" when he insisted in a threatening tone on giving him a 8800 GT with the same clock speed as his card. Dont know when these morons will ever learn to provide good customer service. Rashi did not replace my first ever gaming rig Mobo M2n32 SLI Deluxe Mobo for which I had filed a law suit against them. On the contraty Tirupati Enterprises have a better customer service. Rashi and Akshay both suck big time. These Morons consider themselves businessman by sucking all the blood and money of the consumers. May they die in HELL. As per our Indian laws legal or consumer right cases takes some good 5-10 years to be resolved or even more. Rashi and Akshay have all the money to pay the Lawyers unlike people like us who have to give up after a point.

Anyone has any better ideas please suggest.

Anyone has a Sapphire 5670 (The one with Artic cooler) and wishes to sell please let me know a considerate price. At least I can try to find a decent GPU for my friend and also want one for myself as hopes of getting our original 8800GT replaced seems faint. Either we have to accept what this Akshay Moron provides me or fight and have nothing. Its a choice which we both have to decide on.

XFX is really slow in this RMA case. It took me about 60 days for getting a mobo against the one i blew up :eek:hyeah:, though my dealer said that it would take 2 weeks max

Girish is known to amplify the seriousness of any problem

speaking by experience here

so take whatever he says with a pinch of salt

:p

Hummm, now thats like someone dropping the seriousness of the matter. Unfortunately, I am not sponsored by a unlimited bank account that never seems to go zero. Considering the little moolah I have or I earn, every piece of hardware is dear to me.

FYI Udit, I have not amplified anything. You may do your research if ya like. I have stated the fact and the fact. If you think otherwise buddie, I have nothing to say as god has bestowed free will on you to think whatever you like.

RoBoGhOsT said:
lol giriish i was thinking u didnt appear since some time so maybe ur pc stopped giving u problems but .... :lol:

i would say stay away from XFX , Rashi , Akshay and 8800GTs also since they die a lot :p

I guess the main culprit is NVIDIA as i have seen many 8800GTs failing in a span of 1.5-2.5 years, mine died almost close to 2years..

anfjavid said:
Feel very sorry for you mate. XFX, RASHI and AKSHAY are undoubtedly bastards...
my son bought one XFX 9800GT, online, on 13/4/2010 with 3 years warranty, from a dealer of Mumbai, just for the heck of Online shopping (Things are quite cheap at Nehru Place, ND) The card costed little over 6500/-. It was DOA and hence after seeing the sticker of 'Rashi' as its importer, my son approached their Nehru Place service center in New Delhi. The moment he placed the cash memo, he was bluntly told to send it back to the dealer at Mumbai. Being scared that I'll get angry on him, he dispatched the card to mumbai dealer without taking me into confidence. The said dealer got the card replaced and send it back alongwith 'Rashis' computerised RMA slip mentioning details like S. No. of the original GPU and of the replaced one. It took 25 days in all out of which Rashi took 15 days - from 1st July to 15th July. On 22nd Aug. it again went dead. I then imm sent an email to Suresh Pansari, MD of RASHI apprising him of the past incident and asked him to instruct his team all over India not to h arras the customers and accept the item as long as its under warranty. Even if the cash memo is not presented still warranty could be given from the date of import as mentioned on the sticker. Being a retd. Air Force officer, I wrote him with all the courtesy and the decency. When I did not receive any reply I sent another mail to Kapal Pansari - who looks after Nvidia div. Thereafter I called him up on phone and spoke to one Ms.Sandra, his executive assistant. You guys will be shocked to know that she first asked me from where did I purchased that Card (I had already sent even the scanned copy of their previous RMA slip with full details) This stupid question from an executive asst to MD of a Pvt. Ltd. company not only proves her calber but also the IQ of her Boss. When I lost my coo;, she told me that she has been told that the Card was purchased from America (She did not say US or States) and that I was trying to get the warranty from them in India. This was more than enough. I disconneted the call and shot a drastic mail to Suresh Pansari ( I wont use Mr. with name of such people) and challenged him to prove it. I also warned him if the said card is not accepted by his team at Delhi, I will straight away file a case under sec. 12, 17 and sec 21 of the consumer protection Act 1986. Thereafter I went and submitted the card with Delhi center on 25th and got a replacement on 2nd Sept. I gave them PV-T98G-YAF3 and got back brand new

PV-T98G-YDD4, except the retail version of game CD. Both these are 9800GT 512MB PCI-E 2.0 but still theres lot of difference. It was a blessing in disguise. I did write to Suresh Pansari, "I had paid for the product and its service support for 3 full years, hence THANKS for NOTHING" .

To file a case in Con. Court all you require is a written complaint with facts supported with bill & other doct like your communication with the seller (even if he has not replied), Court fee of Rs. 100/- ( only postal order). YOU CAN PLEAD THE CASE YOURSELF IN LOCAL LANGUAGE. English is not a must. Secondly it takes much less time for simple consumer cases. Please understand the other party has to engage a lawyer. (You can fight/plead your own case but not of others. therefore the MD/Directors can plead their case but then they would not like to do so for their self respect & ego and hence will hire an advocate to plead. That would mean paying min. 2 min Rs. 5000/-. You all got it. Even after buying online from any part of India, you can still file a case in your own city from where you had placed the order online. I wish I could help all the distressed member of this august forum. but then I have limitations too. But still I can always guide & advise you.

Today I am supposed to visit Akshay Enterprises with my friend to get his card replaced. I am pretty certain that again he will be given a card with lower clock speed. My friend had emailed XFX and they mentioned that 8800GT production is stopped and the card replaced should have same specs of the faulty card or the retailer should provide an upgrade option. Nothing of providing a degraded product was mentioned. Having said that I would like to know what approach I should follow in case Akshay denies to provide an upgraded card??

Please tell me fast buddies. I have to be there in 3 hours time.

girish78 said:
Today I am supposed to visit Akshay Enterprises with my friend to get his card replaced. I am pretty certain that again he will be given a card with lower clock speed. My friend had emailed XFX and they mentioned that 8800GT production is stopped and the card replaced should have same specs of the faulty card or the retailer should provide an upgrade option. Nothing of providing a degraded product was mentioned. Having said that I would like to know what approach I should follow in case Akshay denies to provide an upgraded card??

Please tell me fast buddies. I have to be there in 3 hours time.
blackmail him that you'll call goons to get him like you always do :D

Back