Android Never buying a SONY phone again !

In the 1 year that I owned the s3 and Micromax a110 the a110 went for service twice in a year in warranty and was with Micromax for a little over 1.25 months total . S3 went for service once for a software fault and was with Samsung for a day and motherboard was changed .

Can be fixed for less then 1k search a repair guy with z3x box locally.Also Samsung service centre guys can do it they have that tool to write the IMEI.
Samsung's own service center returned it saying that the IMEI cant be spoofed. Only possible option is to change Motherboard.
Will surely try in some local repair shop in the old city. Else its just good to be used as a music player and gps device :p

Anyone can suggest any good repair shop in Pune who might have the Z3X tool box?

Never seen a dead pixel on a phone - but the problem is once you know it, you cant stop thinking about it.
lol, thats known as the nocebo effect. A good doctor will never tell you to expect side effcts even if there are any because you will make them out to be worse than they actually are. Such is the power of suggestion.

I think it would be very difficult to spot 2 dead pixels out of two million on phone, if you see something that looks like a dead pixel its a cluster of 10 dead pixels. Would not pass QA.

The insanely high ppi densities these days means 2 dead pixels = higher acceptance rate and less rejections.

[DOUBLEPOST=1384936282][/DOUBLEPOST]
That is well within the standard: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ISO_13406-2. Very few companies offer Class I displays. This article also explains it quite well.
Excellent, its safe to say cellphones are class 2 especially branded ones.

Last edited:
My Galaxy s3 failed due to the exynos mem bug while in warranty... The service guy said it was because of water, and out of warranty, but the showroom manager was my friend and he argued with them and made them change the motherboard in warranty...

Also samsung guys messed up and gave the phone to me after registering the new motherboard with imei of another customers phone, and they took it back erased it and wrote an entirely new imei for the phone...

I probably would ve been screwed if not for the manager.

My Galaxy s3 failed due to the exynos mem bug while in warranty... The service guy said it was because of water, and out of warranty, but the showroom manager was my friend and he argued with them and made them change the motherboard in warranty...

Also samsung guys messed up and gave the phone to me after registering the new motherboard with imei of another customers phone, and they took it back erased it and wrote an entirely new imei for the phone...

I probably would ve been screwed if not for the manager.

Had a similar issue several years back with a Sony Ericsson ASSC. There was some rust on the phone innards and the store said it was water damage and so no RMA.

Got it fixed though - but that was the last Sony phone we bought. Also, @sunny27 had issues with his K790i/C905

just bought my 3rd sony in a row. a sony z1. had a sl and neo v before this. loving the phone. at par with note 3. which im also getting soon

You can go to Consumer Court against Sony. If Screen Breakage is common problem and is because of Sony's manufacturing defects you can get a refund + compensation.

Back