New Airtel Broadband Plans

^ Checked and there are unlimited plans (with FUP).

Just look for plans that say Nil under the 'Rate applicable post data transfer quota' row.

asingh said:
2. Retailers lie that FUP is TRAI mandatory OR unlimited is not allowed. (I was told this).

TRAI had asked ISPs to maintain a good QoS.

FUP was one of the ways proposed by ISPs to do so. I don't think it was approved, but ISPs still went ahead with it.

got a speed boost from airtel since last night..

i am on 1 Mbps and now i am getting 10mbps..downloading like crazy. no wait time for full hd streaming on youtube. :)

Can anyone suggest, currently which is best plan with good FUP (Atleast 30 GB) in Blore ? Does it make sense to combine with Airtel IPTV ?

Applied for a plan change request from Freedom 1699(Old plan - 1mbps unlimited with 100GB FUP) to 4Mbps 150 GB plan (2099). Hope I'm not disappointed with the speeds.

I am using the 899 2mbps UL 10GB FUP Plan... Even after 20GB no change in Speed.. 2MBPS.. 3 Days done... :D

Soon my HD is gonna fill up...

Very happy to see the new plans. Not only they are cheaper than the previous ones but we are also getting more GB before the FUP kicks in. At least they listened!

Have called in a request to change from 1799 4MBPS 50GB to 1699 4MBPS 75GB :D

My average monthly usage before the FUP came in was around 45-65 GB. After the FUP came in I had to upgrade my plan to 50GB and still had to use my net conservatively and still always hit the FUP a few days earlier (after which internet becomes useless). Now with 75GB I will have just the right amount of 4MBPS bandwidth. And once the F1/MotoGP seasons are over I will use much less bandwidth from November to March.

Unfortunately my plan will only get changed on the next billing cycle which is a week away and I am about to hit my FUP. Damn!

I am using the 899 2mbps UL 10GB FUP Plan... Even after 20GB no change in Speed.. 2MBPS.. 3 Days done...

If they can afford to let this happen then why the F##k they implemented FUP? Why not treat every user in the same way?

^^
I think the 4mbps plan won't be available everywhere. I also started getting 4mbps recently (around 3-4 months back) after shifting to a new apartment (next to my old one which did not have 4mbps).
But later I also discovered that the phone support guys don't usually know this well. When the installation guy came home to install my new connection he said there was 4mbps available at my previous location :O

Here's a screenshot of my new Turbo75 connection. Will get activated in 3 days (until then I'm on 256kbps FUP!)

11u9ute.png

Really do not know, if Airtel themselves have tried 256Kbps, and how blatantly pathetic it is. To even offer it as such. It is equivalent to organizing a road trip from Delhi to Mumbai. But with a clause. After the first 500 kms in the Pajero, you gotta cycle rest of the way.

Back