New Airtel Broadband Plans

Voice Cap Limit means that your bill will be limited to Rs. 300 till Rs. 2000 calling bill.

E.g. - If your voice calls bill is Rs. 100, you will be charged Rs. 100. But if it is between 300 and 2000, you will be charged 300 only.

asingh said:
Really do not know, if Airtel themselves have tried 256Kbps, and how blatantly pathetic it is. To even offer it as such. It is equivalent to organizing a road trip from Delhi to Mumbai. But with a clause. After the first 500 kms in the Pajero, you gotta cycle rest of the way.

I guess it all depends how you drive it, the faster the speed you are driving, the slow you will become later on. I guess 150gb is more than enough for each month until you are torrent addicted. The only problem I face with Airtel is the stupid VAS charges, like pc secure etc. Even though these services are deactivated, they are charged to my bill every month. The process goes on like calling cc, asking for credit, they promised these charges will not reflect and once the bill gets generated I see those stupid/invalid charges again.

I don't mind calling them every month, as cc is free and they are willing to give me credit including tax.

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

mananknl said:
Voice Cap Limit means that your bill will be limited to Rs. 300 till Rs. 2000 calling bill.

E.g. - If your voice calls bill is Rs. 100, you will be charged Rs. 100. But if it is between 300 and 2000, you will be charged 300 only.
While posting, I was on hold with Airtel cc asking same question and this is what the operator said. Its like you call till 2000, u will get billed for 300bucks. If lesser, you get billed for that amount.

My current plan gives me 300rs for A2A, less 30gb fup and 300rs less as compared to the new 4mbps 150gb plan. Now, I am yet to decide to lose A2A, pay 300rs extra to get 30gb or continue using the same plan. Thanks for your reply.

I had made a request to migrate to MAX 30 Gb on 12th July, and till today i have not been migrated. My billing cycle starts from 17th Of the month.

I dont know what the hell is going on with Airtel.

Rockfella said:
I pay Rs. 410 (taxes included) for 512kbps no FUP Airtel. Suits me fine.
Wow buddy!thats awsome.which city and plan are you on. I am on home 649 plan and total bill comes to 715 in delhi

Sent from my GT-P1000 using Tapatalk

i requested for the change of my existing plan..its been more than 20days now.. my billing cycle crossed... every time i call the cc. they make excuses and and tell it will take some more time.. wtf!!

They had backened drama going on for 20 days. Maybe that's why your connection was not upgraded and I don't think they'll upgrade until the next billing cycle. Although, it is their fault but they won't accept it.

yeah they were upgrading there systems and software. so therefore there is a delay in executing the requests made.

I too had to face the similar problem regarding migration of plan . I had requested for the same on 12th July 2011 since my billing cycle starts from 17th of the month. Till 26th they didn't do anything. So i called them up on 28th telling them, they had promised to change the plan between 21 and 26 since till 20th systems were being upgraded.

The CCE told me they will only change the plan from my next billing cycle. I said that's bullshit,since i have already waited for quite a while, i am not waiting any longer. and told them i will discontinue to take services from you.

So after that, i wrote the mail to the nodal officer and airtel presence, about the issue. And suprisingly the my plan got changed as requested within couple of hours.

Nodal Officers - Airtel.IN

Airtel Presence Email- airtelpresence@in.airtel.com

prakhar said:
yeah they were upgrading there systems and software. so therefore there is a delay in executing the requests made.

I too had to face the similar problem regarding migration of plan . I had requested for the same on 12th July 2011 since my billing cycle starts from 17th of the month. Till 26th they didn't do anything. So i called them up on 28th telling them, they had promised to change the plan between 21 and 26 since till 20th systems were being upgraded.

The CCE told me they will only change the plan from my next billing cycle. I said that's bullshit,since i have already waited for quite a while, i am not waiting any longer. and told them i will discontinue to take services from you.

So after that, i wrote the mail to the nodal officer and airtel presence, about the issue. And suprisingly the my plan got changed as requested within couple of hours.

Nodal Officers - Airtel.IN

Airtel Presence Email- airtelpresence@in.airtel.com

Just emailed the nodal officer. Let's see what happens.

The mail to the nodal officer from NCR keeps bouncing back saying:

Your message

Subject: Broadband Plan Change

was not delivered to:

Nodal.Ncr@in.airtel.com

because:

Error delivering to Nodal Ncr/Support/India/Airtel; Router: Database disk quota exceeded

God dammit!

^.. It never works.. even if they get the mail they never respond.. Happened to me last year when they FUP my very old plan without any explanation..

Earlier airltel has introduced a plan 1399 4 MBPS with games on demand, pc security and few more features and i did took that plan, it was shortly removed from the airtel site and the current 1399 4 MBPS plan does not offer games on demand or pc security (Airtel's antivirus), i have been using my plan for past 2+ yrs and normally the speed is good but one should not expect 4 mbps speed, it remains between 1-2 mbps most of the time as they say "Speed upto ISP node" so the actual speed at the user end is lesser than the specified speed. I wish someone give a comparision chart from different ISPs.

Normally, when then introduce such speed upgrades, they also upgrade the speed of the existing plans. I have been upgraded from 512kbps to 1Mbps to 2Mbps for the freedom 1699 plan. So does this mean that I will be upgraded to 4Mbps as well? FUP on my plan is 30GB/100GB - 2Mbps/1Mbps/512kbps beyond 100GB.

Back