New AIRTEL Plans coming..

^^Here's something interesting i noticed in the tariff plans section on the website..They state they have a 1200/- cap on extra usage in home plans...

so by that token, their 512 kbps 512MB capped plan (@Rs 512) if used as an unlimited plan, 24X7 should cost 1200+512=1712/-

You may want to call up the CC and confirm Rio...

superczar said:
^^Here's something interesting i noticed in the tariff plans section on the website..They state they have a 1200/- cap on extra usage in home plans...

so by that token, their 512 kbps 512MB capped plan (@Rs 512) if used as an unlimited plan, 24X7 should cost 1200+512=1712/-

Couldnt it mean that once u reach the cap amount... your connection would get disabled?

superczar said:

CC is usually clueless about their plans so I'll check with this contact I have in Bharti.

Well I hope Airtel does introduce the new plans, because their regular plans have started to suck as well.

Daytime speeds on Home 999 have gone down to 14-19 KB/s and Night speeds are no more than 25-32 K/s.

Ouch, I wonder what the internet scene will be like in India after 6 months....

Let's hope we get better ping times though, having 2 million MBPS is no use if it gives me 60 ping on servers with spikes of 200 :mad:

^hmmm , maybe some problem at your end..none of my frnds get more than 70 to indian cs,&css servers...;)

how far is yo home from your area router , maybe tat matters, mines' just a block away..:hap2:

well i called up cutomer care today u know just to inquire , and they were clueless about any plans , they were like they will be launched soon but no details have been given to them as of now. called up a couple of times just to confirm things. SO who ever said it will be out on the 20th .. hope that was true..

^hmmm , maybe some problem at your end..none of my frnds get more than 70 to indian cs,&css servers...

That's bad enough.

Sify used to give at max like 40 ping even to Dehli servers, and I live in Bombay. I used to get 16 ping to Bombay servers. All that on a measly 64k sify connection!

But lately I am getting 60 ping with spikes of upto 200, getting pulled all over in the Q3!

So for someone like me, 2mbps won't really matter if ISPs have shitty routing, I use the net at home almost exclusively for browsing and online games. What will I do with that amount of bandwidth? :/

Back