CPU/Mobo New Asus motherboard bought from elitehubs.com came damaged (few cpu pins on board are dislocated) - photos attached

Futureized

Skilled
Just got this new mobo yesterday via courier.
Box was sealed and was bubble wrapped.Opened Asus seal to find this :

Security cap was located here (check photo) when plastic removed first time. (plastic wrapping had no stickers like gigabyte)

Now stuck with this brand new board, bought for around 17000

Asus TUF Gaming B660m-Plus D4

Attachments

• IMG-20221115-WA0010.jpeg
    IMG-20221115-WA0010.jpeg
    251.7 KB · Views: 120
  • IMG-20221115-WA0008.jpeg
    IMG-20221115-WA0008.jpeg
    261.7 KB · Views: 105
  • IMG-20221115-WA0007.jpg
    IMG-20221115-WA0007.jpg
    164.6 KB · Views: 95
  • IMG-20221115-WA0006.jpg
    IMG-20221115-WA0006.jpg
    150.2 KB · Views: 106
  • IMG-20221115-WA0005.jpg
    IMG-20221115-WA0005.jpg
    124.6 KB · Views: 114
Ordered from which site?
Looks like a returned mobo by an ex-customer.
Didn't order from website. Went to store and bought physically along with followig yesterday.
nvme SSD, ram, gpu, cpu and mobo.

Only cpu and mobo were not ready (available) so this 2 items were send by courier yesterday.
(rest items i got with me making full payment via IMPS bank transfer)

Today evening, a friend who was about to assemble this came in and found the motherboard pins dislocated as the security cap was lying near ram (not in original position)
Have you made an unboxing video? As its a physical damage, RMA will not be accepted, return to seller is the only option.
Nope. Contacted seller around 7:30 pm today (when friend came in) but it was late according to seller and Asus guys might had left.
Contacted seller again but seems even they had left.

Going to contact again tomorrow.

Didn't order from website. Went to store and bought physically along with followig yesterday.

Only cpu and mobo were not ready (available) so this 2 items were send by courier yesterday.

Today evening, a friend who was about to assemble this came in and found the motherboard pins dislocated as the security cap was lying near ram (not in original position)

Nope. Contacted seller around 7:30 pm today (when friend came in) but it was late according to seller and Asus guys might had left.
Contacted seller again but seems even they had left.

Going to contact again tomorrow.
Most of the electronic products have 7 days replacement guarantee do check with company service centre if seller dont help. Ideally seller should take responsibility.

Now here you saying that Didn't order from website and bought physically and again Only cpu and mobo were not ready (available) so this 2 items were send by courier yesterday.
If mobo came by courier it means it wasnt bought physically.
Or you quoting something wrong!

Now here you saying that Didn't order from website and bought physically and again Only cpu and mobo were not ready (available) so this 2 items were send by courier yesterday.
If mobo came by courier it means it wasnt bought physically.
Or you quoting something wrong!
I paid for all products at store itself before leaving store.
Except cpu and mobo, they had everything available at store (so got all those items along with me)

CPU and mobo were not available while i was leaving store, so these 2 were send by courier after 5 to 6 hours.

Hope, i am able to clarify now?

I paid for all products at store itself before leaving store.
Except cpu and mobo, they had everything available at store (so got all those items along with me)

CPU and mobo were not available while i was leaving store, so these 2 were send by courier after 5 to 6 hours.

Hope, i am able to clarify now?
ask for a replacement and claim that the motherboard was damage in shipping. nothing else can be done.

are your address far away from shop? why they use courier instead of sending men from shop?
Normally most of shops (at lamington road/Mumbai/Thane) didn't prefer courier, but send their own person, if buyer is near or easy to reach via Train/Bus/Ruschaw/Taxi etc.

submit the motherboard to the shop and get a proof of submission. fir mahina lenedo. after 7 days it will be more difficult.

submit the motherboard to the shop and get a proof of submission. fir mahina lenedo. after 7 days it will be more difficult.
Yes, i will wait for sometime more (hours) , then take this motherboard to them.
Will only ask for refund and buy alternative motherboard from elsewhere.

Can't spend more time without PC (work is getting hampered)

Yes, i will wait for sometime more (hours) , then take this motherboard to them.
Will only ask for refund and buy alternative motherboard from elsewhere.
refund to hard he but if they give refund. just buy from them only. har seller aisa hi hota he. nuksaan nahi utha ta...

Not ready to give refund for faulty hardware nor providing alternative immediately.
Isn't t that cheating?
alternative ka claim kar sakte he. refund if its something you have in written then matters is of cheating. but I think you don't have any thing in written. just go an sit at his shop and ask for change of board asap. also before moving to shop, take a video of processor and show that there are no marks on it so damage was not done by you in any way...

Last edited:
Just an update,
Went to elitehubs.com (Vile Parle East).
They were ready to get replacement done (but would have taken few days more)

They had msi mag mortar b660m ddr4 and Asus tuf gaming b660 plus wifi ddr4 in stock so bought Asus wifi for (2200 more).they opened box in front of me and took a video to confirm if new board is proper.

Thanks to elitehub, issue resolved :) so far. Will update again once installation of entire hardware is done.

Back