New at Photoshop : Take a look at my creations

Hi, ive just started to learn how to use CS3 . Now ive created these 3 Vector cars of which 2 i copied from other people while one is totally my own creation. Can you guys comment at my work ad provide me any advice as to how to make my work any better.

Alfa_Romeo_Spider_by_rahulduggal.jpg

Alfa Romeo Spider by ~rahulduggal on deviantART

Mitsubishi_Eclipse_by_rahulduggal.jpg

Mitsubishi Eclipse by ~rahulduggal on deviantART

Ferrari_Dino_Concept_by_rahulduggal.jpg

Ferrari Dino Concept by ~rahulduggal on deviantART

PiXeLpUsHeR said:
nice work..... my guess is that the middle one is ur own creation ;)

My own creation is the First one .

The second one is a derivative of work done by Emre Husmen & the Third one is a derivative of a 3D render made by Ugur Sahin.

Now im looking forward to make Angelina Jolie & other hotter things as i learn more and more.

errr.. il guess the 3rd one is ur creation...Logic behind it:

1st one seems created by sm1 having 6 months exp.

2nd by sm1 with 2 months exp.

3rd one seems: 3months exp.

:) sry to be logical ,, but Congrats dude, ur Good At It!

rahulduggal said:
My own creation is the First one .

The second one is a derivative of work done by Emre Husmen & the Third one is a derivative of a 3D render made by Ugur Sahin.

Now im looking forward to make Angelina Jolie & other hotter things as i learn more and more.

from ur imagination or a photo?

This is how the Mitsubishi was made

eclipse109vj.jpg

Mind you, all work is 100% vector , hence it was even more difficult to give the Metallic and 3D look in the 1st & 3rd images.

If you need any wallpapers pf these cars in the size of your choice , i will be happy to provide them.

sato1986 said:
errr.. il guess the 3rd one is ur creation...Logic behind it:

1st one seems created by sm1 having 6 months exp.

2nd by sm1 with 2 months exp.

3rd one seems: 3months exp.

:) sry to be logical ,, but Congrats dude, ur Good At It!

all 3 were made by me . but by looking at other pictures .

BTW i must thank everybody for the lovely comments. I really appreciate it .

Saw this just now - yours is definitely the second one. The B pillar on the far side is 10x as thick as the b-pillar on the left. It's not there in the original, you created it to cut the hollow look of a blank windscreen. Nice effort, but you need to make it look evenly balanced.

The vector work is excellent, but I just wish you have kept some of the background, or even given the car a backdrop. On the final vignette it's looking very empty and kind of hanging, inspite of the dark base. I see a hint in the last image of your WIP, a sketched industrial type background in charcoal or pencil would look beautiful as a backdrop for the bold and dark colours of the car. Of course you'll have to tone it down or use thin lines or black and white to prevent it robbing the focus from the car, but it definitely needs a bit of noise to complete the work.

Drawing is good, keep it up!

why using photoshop if you are drawing using vector only? use illustrator or corel. you will get better tools for gradients (gradient meshes), better pen tool control etc.

Back