Car & Bike new bike suggestion plz

saayan

Disciple
hi te..
finally ive decided to buy my first bike..ive never ridden a bike before only a friends activa a couple of times..so no experience whatsoever..
ive shortlisted..
1.r15
2.fz16
3.fazer
[im no yamaha fanboi..but they got some looks]
im 170cms 75kgs..well built..i can stretch my budget upto r15..so please suggest me the best suitable option..
my priorities are:
1.handling
2.looks
3.performance n FE[though m not expecting much frm these models :p]
70%city use and 30%highways..
r15 got some very good reviews and good handler too..
m a big fan of fz16 too just luv its naked luks, almost finalized it but my budget suddenly increased :S..
and the last one fazer-im not a big fan of it (dont think the front is worth the xtra 10k over fz)..but the problem is all my friends n family members just luv bykes with front fairing :S so considering it..
so please guys pour in your suggestions n any other bike suiting my needs is also welcome :)

It has to be R15 considering your priorities ... Look no further :) ...

There isnt much difference between Fuel Efficiency of Fz and R15 ...

Thanks a lot guys!!
So decided to go for r15 :)
now the question is should i wait for the new model to launch?There were rumors of r125 too which never came nd also mahindra cevalo..
And what about new r15 s price?If its more then there is a prob cuz my budget is already stretched :(
and in case i do get the current r15 wat color should i take blue or ltd edition white (black too common)?They both look awesome..So cudnt decide that either :p
cmon guys i cant wait to get my hands on my 1st bike :p..

If I were you,I would have waited for the new model to come.It is getting some pretty good features.If you are hellbent on getting current R15 then go with the white-red combo color.

^^^

Thanks for posting....Back view looks like Ninja, and probably LED light. Tyre seems a little bit fat...Hope this time it is not a puncture magnet like earlier version.

Pulsar 135 like mudguard. Hope this can be removable by user if he want.

BTW where is Back Seat handle bar ?

Defiantly wait for worth.

ultimabasher said:

Looks more like r125 to me. if its new r15 then mostly the changes which i see from the link are changed tail lights, silencer is different and the tires are changed. the current r15 tires road grip is the best i have experienced.

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

saayan said:
now the question is should i wait for the new model to launch?There were rumors of r125 too which never came nd also mahindra cevalo..

And what about new r15 s price?If its more then there is a prob cuz my budget is already stretched :(

and in case i do get the current r15 wat color should i take blue or ltd edition white (black too common)?They both look awesome..So cudnt decide that either :p

cmon guys i cant wait to get my hands on my 1st bike :p..

mahindra cevalo is mahindra stalio

the price of r15 on road in mumbai is Rs.111,152.00

color is upto you. i like the older colors these racing stripes are not my taste.(my personal fav is blue)

@ Thread Starter

On the base of spy picture, It seems some upgrade done in R15 (if it is R15).....So there is no doubt that it will increase the price point when it hit the road/show room. As I read you already stretched your budget to the maximum limit. So in that concern,

If you satisfied with current generation features or don't need the upgrade stuff, Go ahead and Pick it up ASAP....may be you can get some discount too..If there is stock clearance going on. Good Luck....

the european model r125 looks super cool...but was very over-priced not something of vfm for a 125cc bike,so if it really is r125 then am really interested in seeing what changes have they done to make it more vfm and it's pricing here!!!

almost finalized on the current r15...will be getting it in jan..:)
gs150r had good reviews but its got plain n simple looks so eliminated it..

hi te..
my bikes first servicing is due on 4th feb [manual said 1000kms or 30 days whichever is earlier]..
but it only clocked ~350kms in one month :(..
i have read somewhere that after 1000kms ~ 1st servicing the oil filter, engine oil etc needs to be changed..but after so few kms on the odo is it necessary to change the oil filter?and i also read that upto 1000kms mineral oil can be used after that semi synthetic..
so what do you guys suggest??
preferred oil mineral or semi synthetic after 350kms??and what are the other things i should take care of??
TIA :)

Mineral for the first 1k. Oil filter can be changed, air needs be changed 10k kms.

Same was with me, my R15 had clocked less kms in the first month but thats fine, once the filters are changed, you can go crazy and rev the bike till 9k or so RPM so that the engine opens up.

I think you can use the motul oil that they stock but you dont need it changed or topped up very frequently.

Back