New BSNL 2mbps Ulimit 1.1k

Hacker said:
When I opened this thread, I was :) but now I am :(

Looks like no change for me, currently using 1350 512kbps unlimited.

actually you get 250 free calls with that plan. i think it was not there earlier.

Lol this is what I wrote to CMD BSNL and other ppl and I got a reply also :rofl:

Dear Sir,

I have been a loyal customer of BSNL broadband ever since its introduction in June 2005, having used it in Agartala (Phone No---03812328992), at prsently in Bangalore(08025743891). One of the things that set BSNL apart from the other ISP's was the fact that the plans were not misleading or having hidden charges and also very value for money.
Today (23/03/2010), I noticed an advertisement on the Times of India newspaper for new unlimited broadband plans that have been introduced (Ref:http://lite.epaper.timesofindia.com/Repository/TOICH/2010/03/23/18/Img/Ad0181105.png). On checking the BSNL website (Ref:Unlimited Combo - Home) I found that the plans; BB Home Combo ULF 900, BB Home Combo ULF 1000 and BB Home Combo ULF 1100 had limits of 8GB, 9GB and 10GB respectively after which the speed is reduced to 256kbps. This fact is not mentioned anywhere in the advertisement and that in my opinion will mislead a large number of customers who will not expect the reduction in speed. I am truly dismayed that such an advertisement has been published by BSNL.

Also, I would be much obliged if you could explain the rationale behind the limits after which the speeds are capped, and how they were arrived at.

10GB is peanuts in these days of video streaming, games on Demand etc. and would get over in 3-5 days after which we are back to 256 kbps of 2005 era.

In the past the tariff offered by BSNL had been very competitive and in most cases the least among all the ISPs in the country. However, with the new plans the situation has been reversed with the plans from BSNL being the ones that offer least value while the other ISPs have introduced new plans that provide greater speed and limits at similar prices.

COMPETITION COMPARISON:

MTNL:

Introduction

Rs 599 ----- 512 kbps totally unlimited.
Rs 749 ----- 752 kbps totally unlimited ( for BSNL Rs 750 we get 256 kbps)
Rs 999 ----- 1 mbps totally unlimited (BSNL even 512 kbps unlimited is Rs 1350

AIRTEL
The Hindu Business Line : Bharti doubles broadband speeds at no extra cost

Airtel is providing double speed on all plans and so currently 1 mbps unlimited is available for just Rs 1099/-, 2 mbps unlimited for Rs 1699.

Impatience Plans- 4 MBPS Broadband Plans from Airtel Broadband

Airtel has even launched 4 mbps plans albeit limited but still the limits are 25GB for Rs 1399. For Rs 1350 we just get 512 kbps unlimited.

Always in last 10 years BSNL was way ahead of MTNL always and this is the 1st time I am seeing MTNL is marching ahead. I just can tolerate seeing BSNL being lagged behind in this case.
BSNL is No 1 in INDIA in terms of broadband in terms of customers as well as speeds and value for money for last 3-4 years and we surely do not want BSNL to fall back. But BSNL should come and provide 2 mbps fully unlimited connections at Rs 999 for which infrastructure is already and we can launch a revolution like in 2005 with starting of Dataone.

The new tariff aside, my experience with using BSNL's broadband has been very positive with hardly any downtime, consistent speed and competitive prices. Because of that over the last five years I have recommended BSNL broadband to several of my friends and got them to subscribe to it. Hence, I would definitely prefer to continue with BSNL as my ISP but with the new launch plans I am very dissapointed.

I request you to consider my concerns and re-evaluate the new tariffs so as to make them attractive to us customers and I am sure BSNL will match MTNL tariffs very soon.

Dear Sir /Madam,

We acknowledge receipt of your mail. The same has been forwarded to BANGALORE Telecom Circle/ Telephones for necessary action with intimation to you.
With Kind Regards

AGM (Cord-1)

CMD SECTT

I doubt anything would happen. But Atleast they replied. Good thing.

Seeing your reply,

I would sending them letter giving my feedback too. we keep sending such kinds of letters they would surely listen:hap2:

The majority of customers are on the Home 500, and those plans have not been revised for 3-4 years. :mad:
The NU timing is the same (2-8) as when it started, but MTNL has NU from 10-8.
When will BSNL wake up?

Gaurish said:
I doubt anything would happen. But Atleast they replied. Good thing.

Seeing your reply,
I would sending them letter giving my feedback too. we keep sending such kinds of letters they would surely listen:hap2:

I suspect as per reply words & length , it might be some "auto reply " .

I got such similar kinda "auto reply " when I was with Tata Broadband :S

this is lame.I am already on 512 kbps taridd unlimited.IF there was a cap on the speed for 2mbps after the limit, the least they could do is give atleast 1mbps or heavens sake 512 kbps.

^ arre bhai , i have been paying Rs 750pm only since the past 1year here in north india ,

only now have they changed it to 625 plan ,

dont worry bsnl implements its plans all across india , it will be effective in ur areas as well , sooner or later

BSNL is like a Brontosaurus, too large unwieldy and by the time a signal reaches from the tail to the brain- it is too late. They are trying hard enough to survive and we the consumers have to pay the extra burden of payroll of 150000 redundant BSNL employees, who are paid but have no work- thay are all folly of preveous bosses who recruited them without any work to do.
BSNL to come with sensible plans now- impossible.
We can write- write-write, but do the bureaucratic managers in place even pay attention? Highly doubted.
TRAI who were supposed to regulate Broadband- have to be awakened too guys.
Of course than MAN who can really make the difference- the Honourable (dis ?) Minister of Telecommunications- plays his political lute while India burns a la Nero and Rome.

I bet (hope) that Airtel just acquires BSNL (maybe like Tata/VSNL) and its last mile resources and sacks half the useless employees ASAP :D

MTNL can go to Reliance!

vishalrao said:
I bet (hope) that Airtel just acquires BSNL (maybe like Tata/VSNL) and its last mile resources and sacks half the useless employees ASAP :D

MTNL can go to Reliance!

Nono.. they would completely screw up the MTNL unlimited plans

vishalrao said:

MTNL can go to Reliance!

Employees are not allowing Govt to offload minor stakes(just 15%) in BSNL, why do you think they would agree to complete privatization. This is not gonna happen

rahulpayne said:
hi guys
Saw todays paper (TOI chennai) for those who hvnt here is the tariff i confirmed it with BSNL customer care over phone ..........

Unlimited Plan
256Kbps=Rs750(same)
512Kbps=Rs900
1Mbps=Rs1000
2Mbps=Rs1100
+10% tax.. no download limit ....as told by customer care executive..
guys confirm it ....with local dealer...

oh what is going on ? 1st beam now bsnl! and now why chennai!

its a very very sad day here!
regular 1400+tax and extra speed on demand usage charge payer of airtel!
for 512 day time and 1 mbps night!

vishalrao said:

MTNL can go to Reliance!

That is practically impossible further BSNL even in downward trend have atleast thrice (Maybe lots of more) as cash assets / other properties than the Bharti Airtel owns.

vishalrao said:

MTNL can go to Reliance!

Sunil Mittal of Airtel or any other CEO of any Telecom company in his senses will NOT TOUCH companies like BSNL- these are just poison ivy- No Indian Politician dare touch BSNL because of clout of its army of 300000(mostly non working ) employees. BSNL will die a natural death on account of it's wieght- just like Dinosaur it is. Till it's demise, we all Indians have to bear the brunt of it's useless bulk!

akhilfxavier said:
oh what is going on ? 1st beam now bsnl! and now why chennai!

its a very very sad day here!
regular 1400+tax and extra speed on demand usage charge payer of airtel!
for 512 day time and 1 mbps night!

did you even go through the rest of the thread :bleh:

Back