Graphic Cards New card for an older gamer

Your specs seems to be old. Just save the money now and go for a full scale upgrade in 4-5 months once intel releases a slew of their new gen processors on Jan3. New LGA1156 socket 32nm clarkdale processors are due for launch.(core i-5, core i-3 and a pentium G)

In the market 2GB of Transcend DDRII 800MHz RAM costs 2.1-2.2k.:mad: It was 1-1.k in June!!! 1GB DDR RAM costs 1.6k. The 1333MHz Transcend 2GB DDRIII RAM costs 2.4k.:D So now is a transistion phase now.

ATI has already released DX11 cards and Windows 7 is set to launch late this month. IMO spending 5k for your rig now is not worth it.:no: Just wait a little bit and go for a system overhaul if you wanna have decent gaming experience.:clap:

Karthi007 said:
Your specs seems to be old. Just save the money now and go for a full scale upgrade in 4-5 months once intel releases a slew of their new gen processors on Jan3. New LGA1156 socket 32nm clarkdale processors are due for launch.(core i-5, core i-3 and a pentium G)
In the market 2GB of Transcend DDRII 800MHz RAM costs 2.1-2.2k.:mad: It was 1-1.k in June!!! 1GB DDR RAM costs 1.6k. The 1333MHz Transcend 2GB DDRIII RAM costs 2.4k.:D So now is a transistion phase now.
ATI has already released DX11 cards and Windows 7 is set to launch late this month. IMO spending 5k for your rig now is not worth it.:no: Just wait a little bit and go for a system overhaul if you wanna have decent gaming experience.:clap:
+1
There's no good way to say this, but to get any sort of meaningful performance you are going to have to do a complete upgrade. At the very least move upto a DDR2/socket 775/45nm dual core setup, or a similar DDR3+AM3 based setup if budget permits. If you plan your budget and upgrades well, you should be able to upgrade bit by bit, however in your case you will have to replace the motherboard+CPU+RAM in one go, which could be around ~10k or so.

There's no point adding anything else to this setup. However,
otpsurvive said:
If you ARE getting it now, Get the 4670, Period.
+1

Karthi007 said:

+1 well said Karthi007.

So there us mainly two option for u - wait for the current transition phase to completed - which will take another 4 months and add another 4 months to settle down price .

or if you are very very impatient need something quickfix for a timebeing - get an used 8600gt(256mbddr3-dont go for ddr2 version even u r getting 512mb or 1gb) & another 512mb ddr1 ram- check with market section of the TE.

couldn't go through all the posts, but satyanjoy is right.. get a used 8600gt ~ 2k, plus some RAM. buying a new GPU(>3k) is totally waste of money for your current config..

or else get -

Gigabyte G31 - 2.2k

E5300 - 3.3k

2 GB DDr2 - 1.6k

HDD - use old one for time being if low on budget

GFX - 9800GT ~ 5k (dont know)

PSU gigabyte 460 watt - 2.2k

--------------------

Total - 13.8k

sell your old mobo/proccy/GFX/RAm/psu for ~ 3k

------------

total - 11k

this should suffice for next 2 years easily for your requirments...

Hi there, I have a used XFX 7950 GX2 1GB Multi GPU card for 3750/- if you are interested. It was RMAd by Rashi couple of months back so actual card is 2 months old, but just out of warranty.

Got the gigabyte 460w psu and 1Gb ram but both the 1 Gb and 512Mb didn't work along.
ok, upgrading to a 20 inch Lg Lcd and now I need a decent card below Rs9000 to go withuot upgrading present mobo and processor.Expect no Dx11 games but to go on with a card may be that will last for the next three years or so .

Dude even if u get 9800gt it will not work as fast with that Cpu and mobo you have to change it for best result's if you just go and buy any card it will just be waste of money :) Hope you get my point.

Get one what the guy's suggested.

Gigabyte G31

E5300

2 GB DDr2

GFX - 9800GT

Even on stock this setup will be faster. And you can overclock the Cpu to atleast 3.0Ghz without a problem on that mobo. You will be good for next two years.

Well thanks for the replies but i will upgrade only after a price drop in am3 components ,so now need just a decent card,so i think a hd4670 1 gb is the best buy for me.

I THINK THE ATI RADEON 4670 1gb,is the best bet for you,i own the same and have not encountered a single application that i cant use..
All the best

Back