New GAMING build for my cousin....[Now Complete with 7970HD ! ]

Infected

Skilled
Hi,

He has been requesting me for a machine for a few months and is travelling this weekend to delhi to buy m,ost of 'em.

I have listed the following can you guys please suggest improvements to the config:

CPU: intel 2500K

Mobo: ASUS Max 4 gene Z

Ram: 8Gb Corsair Domiator (form our Doc.)

GPU: 580GTX or 7970HD

Cooling: H80

HDD: 300Gb Raptor

PSU: Cosair HX620 (market section again)

Cabbie: CM Sliancio or Enforcer

Keyboard: MS X4 or Razer Acrtosa

Mouse: MS X3 or Razer DA Black Ed.

Display: 55" Plasma
<

Not that the Plasma he already got ofcourse.

Budget we dont know cause i have not added it all up but like 80-90K.

Please reply fast if possible he wil;l be in NCR only for a few days....

Thanks a lot....

@Infected,considering your cousin wants to oc-

CPU-intel 2500K-13K

Mobo-ASUS Maximus IV Gene-Z-13.5k or Asus P8Z68V-14K

Ram: 8Gb Corsair Domiator-6.5k [from doc]

GPU-Sapphire HD7970-35k

Cooling-Cooler Master Hyper 212evo-2.1k OR Noctua nh-u12p se2-3.9k

HDD: 300Gb Raptor-Don't know the price.

PSU: Cosair HX620-6.5k

Cabbie: CM Sliancio-6.6k OR CM Enforcer-6.3k[If you don't want to spend this much on case then Corsair Carbide 400R-5K is a great cabinet].

Keyboard: Microsoft SideWinder X4-2.6k or Razer Acrtosa-2.3k

Mouse: MS X3-1.8k or Razer DA Black EDITION-2.5k

Hope this helps
<

Yes Oc' ofcourse you can tell but the components...just to add to the above.

The Raptor is from my machine so it costs him nothing.

The HX620 m looking for it online on TE for a max of 3K used, else that too he will take of mine...

Even I like the Corsair 400R and the 650D he just had a look at those two CM so went that way, any idea who has Corsair in Delhi....?

He will be at SMC today hope they have some Corsair Cabbies.

Thanks a lot for adding the indicative prices
<

#infected

looks like a solid build

as far as corsair is concerned, you can call up aditya infotech and get their number. they distro corsair products in india so they will be able to guide you along
<

^^ #moksh4u2 I think now he is in love with the white Phantom NZXT ...i was just reading about it seems ok...He is young so I guess he likes it
<

But m concerned about what cooling to get for him...Suggestions...?

will the Corsair H100 fit in the Phantom ...?? or should I ask him to get the H80/70/50???

...and yes we have not totalled it as the initial budget was about 70K....but now thats not gonna happen
<

so I will help him out
<
So lets keep the Raptor, HX620 and the RAM out of the budget.
<

^^ Intel Core i5 Core 2500k ~ 12500/-

ASUS Maximus IV Gene-Z ~ 13500/-

Sapphire HD 7970 ~ 41900/- [from flipkart] OR GTX 580 ~ 30000/-

Noctua NH-U12P SE2 ~ 3900/- [a much better cooler than the Corsair Hydro series -- http://www.legitrevi...article/1196/1/] OR Noctua NH-D14 ~ 4600/- [top of the line]

Cooler Master Enforcer ~ 6000/- [I was at SMC International a few weeks ago, couldn't spot any Corsair OR NZXT accessories / products]

Microsoft X4 ~ 2500/- OR Razer Arctosa [Mirror Edition] ~ 2200/- [please buy only the mirror edition, in the standard Arctosa you cannot even see which key you are typing on]

Logitech G-400 ~ 1500/- OR Razer Death Adder [any edition which catches your fancy Black, Transformers] ~ 2200/-

Hope this helps, #Infected Sire. Cheers!!

By the way till when are you in Delhi?

#infected

as far as cooling is concerned, you can get what alpha suggested or the h80. these will be more than enough for a 4.0 stable clock on a 2500k. this should be more than enough for anything your brother can throw at it (well except tons of benches and folding
<
)

I felt that the doms will be overkill but then again its your call. honestly i would go with either the gskill snipers or corsair xms series. cl9@1600mhz will be great especially in a 2x4GB layout

#alpha

the h100 beats the d14 but at a much higher price point. i guess its all subjective, choosing a heavy chunk of metal over black radiators (im biased).

hope i was able to help out
<

Also afaik the 7970 is for less than 35k in mumbai..will have to check though
<

<

True...but can you find out the availability now...
<

Even I like water better
<
but will the Phantom take the dual rad without any modding...I am yet to see the case in person...

#alpha

the h100 beats the d14 but at a much higher price point. i guess its all subjective, choosing a heavy chunk of metal over black radiators (im biased).

hope i was able to help out
<

<

Yeah that is a point, but those huge chunks of metal have an appeal towards themselves, they feel imposing, have a stage presence and overall feel substantial in comparison to the Corsair Hydro series. But then as you said comes down to taste.

Yep, in the open market the HD 7970 should be priced ~ 35000/- [anything below that seems to be very optimistic to me].

#Infected Sire, PrimeABGB has listed it -- http://www.primeabgb.com/index.php?page=shop.product_details&category_id=167&flypage=flypage.tpl&product_id=4356&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=1

Yeah that is a point, but those huge chunks of metal have an appeal towards themselves, they feel imposing, have a stage presence and overall feel substantial in comparison to the Corsair Hydro series. But then as you said comes down to taste.

Yep, in the open market the HD 7970 should be priced ~ 35000/- [anything below that seems to be very optimistic to me].

#Infected Sire, PrimeABGB has listed it -- http://www.primeabgb...uemart&Itemid=1

True. Metal always has a certain appeal to it. Then again something about smooth long lines makes me grin
<

#infected

im sure prime will have the card in stock. if not then you could try smc international in delhi.

Thanks a lot...

...think he has picked up the following so far:

1. intel i5 2500K :13,250/-

2. Corsair 400R :4500/-

4. Corsair H100 :7200/-

5. Logitech G110 :3600/-

7. Razer DA Black ed. :2200/-

30750/- Damaged!

^^ yeah we changed that...no stock...I really wanted him to get the 650D but he couldn;t find that either and it was for almost double...

And now added from Flipkart: ASUS MAXIMUS IV GENE-Z Motherboard

The build so far:

1. intel i5 2500K :13,250/-

2. Corsair 400R :4500/-

4. Corsair H100 :7200/-

5. Logitech G110 :3600/-

7. Razer DA Black ed. :2200/-

8. ASUS MAXIMUS IV GENE-Z Motherboard : 13520/-

Total So far: 44,270/-

Remaining:

1. Ram : Dominators 8gb

2. Gpu : humm...
<

3. Psu : Antec HCG-620

I am liking the build so far...

can't wait to work on it.

Someone was selling it, but I got no response form him...some one called Shade...

the dominators form Doc..

I really want the HX 620 form him...help me find one..even new one would do though it will be old stock for sure., I love that PSU...

Back