PC Peripherals New Gaming Keyboard

Hi friends,

My current keyboards ctrl is not working so looking for a replacement I need to buy a gaming keyboard.

1) Is spending 3`5k on a gaming keyboard worth it?

2) which is the best and El cheapo gaming keyboard?

3) Is logitech G15 worth the extra cash over Razer lycosa or Razer Arctosa?

4) How much do i have to pay in mumbai for the above keyboards?

Any other model you can suggest.

Thanks in advance....

Saitek Eclipse @ 2.5k...Eclipse 2 2.8k its availbe in India..i had the number of the dealer but lost it. they are good for gaming @ night.

lol coz most gaming ones have bling :) backlight ...

coz long hours of gaming u dont want ur parents to know you are awake or ur wife to complain switch of the light :)

but please make sure about size of ur keyboard n place u have. I mean keyboards u are mentioning are big as in wide so make sure it fits in ur space

^^It's totally left to the user IMO - gaming keyboards do have an edge esp. when it comes to being back-lit with a pleasant backlight, soft touch keys and the additional programmable keys.

Some may not find the money worth the expenditure though.

Well i was just trying to make my gaming experience more pleasant since i already have a Mx518 thought why not buy a good keyboard as well which do you think is best general keyboard as good as a gaming one apart from backlighting :) I will consider one if i get a good feel.

see apart from backlighting etc..

if you want a keyboard which is good, silent n fast .... then you need to take Razor Lycosa ... specially the low profile keys .... which i couldnt find in any other.... steel series is awesome too but difficult to find around....

sidewinder is great i am using it too but isnt low profile

Well technically you have to make the letters transparent and install leds in all the keys :D

How much does the Sidewinder cost ???? I saw Razer Lycosa but found logitech one's a bit more tempting Any suggestions on good general keyboards which can compete with the gaming ones :) I know there might be none but just a question if someone can answer:)

The thing about the Razer's... if you read the Newegg reviews, people have complained about the quality a lot. Also, they seem to have ghosting problems...

As for Logitech, they only have the G15 in India. I would love to get the G110, but they haven't launched it yet.

Personally, I am awaiting the Microsoft Sidewinder X4. Supposed to launch in March, I hope it launches in India too.

two of my friends have lycosa n guy who bought it first also hates it .... i think they imporved with rubber finish ones... earlier one was mirror finish and some people had issues ... may be its that reason on Newegg discomfort

logitech too huge for my place... so i didnt go for it.

sidewinder x6 fits in fine n nice in looks n back-light(preferred red light to usual blue) n macro keys

there are egro series in microsoft which are very comfortable for both typing n gaming n are not backlit you can chk those also

I was looking at Steel Series Z Board Keyboard is it better than Logitech and razers counterpart ???? Coz the rate is approximately similar to the others.... I m too confused :(

Thanks man am going through the guide now :)

Well i went through the guide and checked some of the web review's i guess i will be buying the Sidewinder over the other choices just because it's cheaper and gives me all the things i want :) Just need to confirm the price and availability if someone can confirm it it will be very helpful.

Well i couldn't find the sidewinder anywhere in mumbai it was at Theitdepot but was not comfortable buying it from a online dealer + if some problem problem arises replacement would be a issue since they are not much in stock so went ahead and bought a G15:hap2:

Back