Budget 71-90K New Gaming PC

msgandhi10

Recruit
  1. What is your budget?
    • 80K (including monitor)
  2. What is your existing hardware configuration (component name - component brand and model)
    • N/A
  3. Which hardware will you be keeping (component name - component brand and model)
    • Mouse - Logitech G402
    • Keyboard - Redgear Mechanical Keyboard
  4. Which hardware component are you looking to buy (component name). If you have already decided on a configuration then please mention the (component brand and model) as well, this will help us in fine tuning your requirement.
    • CPU - Ryzen 5 5600
    • Motherboard - Asus TUF B450M-PRO-II (Do I need a 550 motherboard?)
    • GPU - RX 6650XT Gigabyte Eagle 8Gb
    • RAM - 8GB * 2 3600Mhz (G.Skill Ripjaws V F4-3600C18S-8GVK)
    • Storage - 1x500Gb M.2 NVMe Crucial SSD (3500Mbps)
    • SMPS - XPG Polygon 650W 80+ Bronze
    • Cabinet - please recommend below 4K
    • Monitor - Benq Mobiuz EX240N (not yet bought) (need recommendation around 13K should have speakers & support 144Hz)
    • Headphones - Excluded from the budget but need recommendation. Was planning to get Razer Barracuda X or HyperX Cloud Core Wireless (I'm looking for Wireless headphones with detachable mic)
  5. Is this going to be your final configuration or you would be adding/upgrading a component in near future. If yes then please mention when and which component
    • Not planning to upgrade near future
  6. Where will you buy this hardware? (Online/City/TE Dealer)
    • Pune/Nagpur
    • Open to online purchase
    • Open to TE deals
  7. Would you consider buying a second hand hardware from the TE market
    • Yes
  8. What is your intended use for this PC/hardware
    • Primarily Gaming
    • Browsing (Watching movies, series etc)
    • Desktop Processing
  9. Do you have any brand preference or dislike? Please name them and the reason for your preference/dislike.
    • Was thinking of getting ASRock B550M Pro4 but heard bad reviews about ASRock (please share your exp)
  10. If you will be playing games then which type of games will you be playing?
    • FPS Games - CS, Valiant, COD-Warzone, Apex Legends
    • Minimum-None - RPG Games etc.
  11. What is your preferred monitor resolution for gaming and normal usage
    1. Gaming - 1920x1080
    2. Desktop - 1920x1080
  12. Are you looking to overclock?
    • No (Don't know how to)
  13. Which operating system do you intend to use with this configuration?
    • Windows 11

One of the things to watch out here would be how much CPU intensive the upcoming Counter Strike 2 is compared to CS-Go.
Although, given the 300+FPS that 6650XT gets on CS-GO, a doubling of GPU requirements would still make it OK for 144Hz.

My suggestion for the budget split (and certain additional items) would be as follows:
1. Motherboard: ~8K
2. CPU: ~12K - hunt a deal from the forums if possible
3. RAM: ~5K
4. GPU: ~20K - hunt a 3060Ti off the forums from a reputed seller - 6700xt equivalent performance
5. Storage: ~5K
6. PSU: ~6K - don't skimp on this, can bring down the entire system if it goes BOOM!
7. Monitor: ~13K as you said, I am not so good at these
8. UPS: APC 900VA ~ 1100VA one: ~7K

The above total is 75K, as per your requirements, leaving some for your cabinet. Have added a UPS to safeguard your precious hardware.

Motherboard's firmware would need to be updated before installing the processor.

You could use a lower wattage power supply, say around 500W.
I think the newer one's are coming with latest bios update, even if they are not then updating bios won't be an issue, I have a friend who can do it for me.
And 500W I think might be low, the PSU I mentioned is available for around 4K

Do I need a 550 motherboard?
Depends on if/how you're planning to upgrade. None of you're current components require a B550 motherboard. GPU is PCIe 4.0 but since it is x8 and not x16, the effective bandwidth is the same. However, if you think you'd upgrade to gen4 ssd or x16 gpu later, buying b550 motherboard makes it easy for future you.

Cabinet - please recommend below 4K
Ant Esports ICE-311 is a popular choice under that budget. But I like Antec NX292, which usually is on sale for around 3k.

One of the things to watch out here would be how much CPU intensive the upcoming Counter Strike 2 is compared to CS-Go.
Although, given the 300+FPS that 6650XT gets on CS-GO, a doubling of GPU requirements would still make it OK for 144Hz.

My suggestion for the budget split (and certain additional items) would be as follows:
1. Motherboard: ~8K
2. CPU: ~12K - hunt a deal from the forums if possible
3. RAM: ~5K
4. GPU: ~20K - hunt a 3060Ti off the forums from a reputed seller - 6700xt equivalent performance
5. Storage: ~5K
6. PSU: ~6K - don't skimp on this, can bring down the entire system if it goes BOOM!
7. Monitor: ~13K as you said, I am not so good at these
8. UPS: APC 900VA ~ 1100VA one: ~7K

The above total is 75K, as per your requirements, leaving some for your cabinet. Have added a UPS to safeguard your precious hardware.
What CPU do you recommend in my budget? If CS2 is going to be a major diff in requirements from now then this might be a problem for me since that's the main game I'm the PC in the first place. For the combination above I think benchmarks have shown 300-400 Fps at 1080P max settings

Depends on if/how you're planning to upgrade. None of you're current components require a B550 motherboard. GPU is PCIe 4.0 but since it is x8 and not x16, the effective bandwidth is the same. However, if you think you'd upgrade to gen4 ssd or x16 gpu later, buying b550 motherboard makes it easy for future you.

Ant Esports ICE-311 is a popular choice under that budget. But I like Antec NX292, which usually is on sale for around 3k.
I don't plan on upgrading. I might even use this PC just for 1-2 years if I move out from India.

Thanks for Cabinet recommendations :)

Iirc the rx6650xt uses a PCIe Gen4 x8 lane. This is the same bandwidth as a PCIe Gen3 x16 lane, but the card only has x8 of those lanes activated. So plugging it in a PCIe Gen3 lane might cause a very negligible loss in average fps, but has a decent difference in 1% lows. Seeing that you are interested in playing a lot of eSports titles, I think you'll appreciate a smoother gaming experience.

I think this is one thing that you should keep in mind when considering to go for b450 or b550 along with the 6650xt

What CPU do you recommend in my budget? If CS2 is going to be a major diff in requirements from now then this might be a problem for me since that's the main game I'm the PC in the first place. For the combination above I think benchmarks have shown 300-400 Fps at 1080P max settings
There's no problem in going with a B450 motherboard. You do lose Pcie Gen 4 support but for a simple build, it doesn't really matter. Do get a mothetboard with BIOS flashback tho, since the 5600 launched only early last year, and it's possible that it won't be compatible out of the box with an aging series.

The 5600 is a fine CPU, there'll only be marginal improvements with something more expensive.

Also, if eSports gaming is a priority here, then you could cheap out on the GPU, and invest more on the monitor. You'll notice a more appreciable difference going with a 240Hz monitor rather than investing on a GPU meant for 1440p. RX 6600 or heck, even a GTX 1660 Super is fine for competitive settings

Having a lot of options is another problem to deal with. Do you have any specific model in mind for around 10K ?
MSI PRO B550M-A PRO AM4 AMD B550 SATA 6Gb/s Micro ATX AMD Motherboard
GIGABYTE B550M Gaming AM4 AMD B550 SATA 6Gb/s Micro ATX AMD Motherboard
GIGABYTE B550M DS3H AM4 AMD B550 with Dual M.2, SATA 6Gb/s, USB 3.2 Gen 1, PCIe 4.0 Micro-ATX Motherboard
ASRock B550M PRO4 AM4 AMD B550 SATA 6Gb/s Micro ATX AMD Motherboard
ASRock B550M-HDV AM4 AMD B550 SATA 6Gb/s Micro ATX AMD Motherboard
MSI PRO B550M PRO-VDH AM4 AMD B550 SATA 6Gb/s Micro ATX AMD Motherboard
MSI B550M PRO-Dash AMD Ryzen 3000 3rd Gen AM4, DDR4, M.2, USB 3.2 Gen 1, Front Type-C, HDMI, Micro ATX AMD Motherboard
GIGABYTE B550M DS3H AC (WiFi) AM4 AMD B550 SATA 6Gb/s Micro ATX AMD Motherboard
ASUS PRIME B550M-K AM4 AMD B550 SATA 6Gb/s Micro ATX AMD Motherboard

All from 8k-11k.

CPU, the 5600 is good!
GPU wise, looking at some prelim CS2 benchies on the net, 6650xt or 3060Ti should steamroll the game for 144Hz easy! you're good to go with either of these GPUs

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600 (14200)
GPU: ASROCK CHALLENGER RX 6700XT 16MNTHS WARRANTY (PREOWNED) (22000)
RAM: XPG D60 3200MHZ*2 (5200)
Storage: 1 TB CRUCIAL P3 (5000)
Motherboard: MSI B450 TOMAHAWK MAX II (9500)
Gaming Case: XPG STARKER AIR (5000)
Power Supply: ANT ESPORTS 650W SMPS (3500)
Monitor: Viewsonic VX2405-P-MHD (12000)
TOTAL (76400)

Back