New gaming rig...budget 35k-40k...please suggest...

Well i'm surprised you haven't bought the rig yet,Well here's a good one within budget-
Intel i5 3550-13.5k OR i5 3450-12.5k
Gigabyte B75M D3H-4.5k
Gskill Ripjaws OR Corsair Vengeance 2X2GB 1600mhz-1.7k
Seagate Barracuda 7200.14 1TB-4.8k
Sapphire HD 7850 2GB-16k
Seasonic S12ii 520W-3.9k OR Corsair GS500W-4k
Nzxt Gamma-2.4k
Dell ST2220L-8.5k
Logitech K200 Combo-0.7k
The prices haven't come down much but little bit discount on HDD and GPU prices.
Hope this helps.:)
Hi. Can anyone suggest a great configuration without overclocking?

With the overclocking, the budget is increasing tremendously. I am trying to work within my restricted budget of 50k-55k, and trying to have a setup which can last me another 1.5-2 years.

I was looking forward to overclocking, but my budget will not permit me to do so.

Please suggest. Also, have the prices of computer components come down owing to dollar/Rs. fluctuation?

Thanks.

Hi @Jakob, thanks for the reply.

As I have mentioned before, I am in no hurry to purchase the rig.

I am mighty confused between oc and non-oc build, which is further causing the delay. It's more of a heart over mind (and vice versa) situation. I can increase my budget for oc-ing rig but I don't have an iota of clue on how to oc. Thus causing me further confusion if oc rig is the way to go. And in either case, how long will the rig last before components needs to be changed/upgraded.

An oc rig will be upwards of 80k, easily, whereas I can buy a rig within 55k-60k if i do not oc. Both will serve me well for at least 2 years without trouble. The oc rig, maybe for more than that. Can't say for sure. Hence the confusion. What to do?? :confused1:

Suggestions, opinions are welcome.

Cheers.

Last edited by a moderator:
The non-OC config which Jacob suggested will last you more than a couple of years. And even if you do go for the OC config, the max pc life I would say might be 3 years. Also since you are new to the OC scene, there is a LOT to learn. Trust me, I spent the first 2 months of my current config in getting the max OC I could obtain without melting my system down. However, the performance gain was most definitely not worth the hassle at all.

Thats why, this time I am going for a cheap-but-effective config which will last me atleast a couple of years without OC-ing. I would recommend you do the same.

Back