New Headphones

rPOk

Adept
Bought Sony MDR XD 200 headphones today...sound pretty good and fit nicely in my budget (couldn't go for sennhiesser)... Will be getting z5300 next month...that along with these headphones will do some justice to the xfi sound card.

Sony MDR XD 200

A few pics:

congrats dude...nice headphones ..

look really nice...and a good buy for budget headphones

actually even i got a set of headphones...2day.a friend gave it to me. cauz he didnt use it and i was in need of some quality headphones

they r a bit old one's , not very good but serve the purpose of night gaming and music(clear crisp sound) ,very light ,but the cord is a little short.

Sony MDR-W08

sony_mdr-w08_ch.jpg

(hope u dont mind me postin in ur thread...if u do tell me.,.anyways just wanted to tell u guys.and mine are not worth any show-off.or anything.)

thx all...^^yeah...even my main purpose for these headphones is night music/movies/gaming....neighbours and flatmates will complain a lot if i use speakers at 3am!....since i'm spending a lot on my speakers, so wanted to keep a tight budget on these cans....they sure are bang for buck

hey! nice buy, was plannin to get these headphones, then ran outa cash :p students are poor people :p anyway how would u rate the headphones when playin rock/metal etc....coz bass isnt what i am exactly lookin for

Congrats mate! nice purchase for that budget!

Well even i use the XD200s and from my experience, i suggest that u give them about 10-20hrs of break in time atleast, before u start to enjoy the sound quality. U will feel the difference.....:)

^^ what is break in time?!? do you mean to say, the cans will operate to their best performance after 20 hours!

bass is really good (in movie mode), and treble is very crisp...heavy metal/rock sound good, while trance sounds heavenly....

Yup,u need to 'break-in' the headpfones for a few hours (my Sony MDR XD 100 gave the right sound after 4 days of continous usage before which,they sounded somewhat 'broken')

rPOk said:
^^ what is break in time?!? do you mean to say, the cans will operate to their best performance after 20 hours!
bass is really good (in movie mode), and treble is very crisp...heavy metal/rock sound good, while trance sounds heavenly....

Myth/mystery/reality :p every audio equipment buyer is confronted with the so called 'break-in' time:S technically, its quite confusing.... but new speakers especially, start to sound better after they are given a good break-in (it simply means playing some good music for a period of time, be it hours or even days:cool2: ) . Doing so will result in a much better sound quality than the out of the box sound.

sridhanush said:
Myth/mystery/reality :p every audio equipment buyer is confronted with the so called 'break-in' time:S technically, its quite confusing.... but new speakers especially, start to sound better after they are given a good break-in (it simply means playing some good music for a period of time, be it hours or even days:cool2: ) . Doing so will result in a much better sound quality than the out of the box sound.

Speaker break-in is real... speakers do sound completely crappy at the beginning but sound better after arnd 200 hours of playback. I felt the same with my DAC as well. Out of the box it sounded pretty bad but after a long break in, was way better. Headphones should also have a breakin time since they are mechanical devices. Keep them running for around 200-300 hours at moderate volumes. Cable breakin however is something I don't believe it :p.

Back