Car & Bike New Honda Civic

did you (imsathya) really mean you felt the "aerodynamic" design was "better"? did you test in a lab and compare the "drag coefficient" with other cars??? maybe you meant something "the looks/aesthetics were better"... there's a key difference... and i agree the civic looks and feels and drives pretty good. but i was LOLZing at earlier newbie first-time posters proclamation that civic is "revolutionary"... see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Aerodynamics

I think the Civic's got an aerodynamic styling, I remember reading a report where they explained how Honda engineers worked to get the best in terms of aerodynamics since that results in increased fuel economy, predictable handling and lower wind noise in the cabin.

I even read how Honda adopted the twin opposed wiper and convenient housing (when not in use) to decrease aero drag (wipers and mirrors are crucial items that decide the car's "cd" value)

I don't think arguing if I checked in a lab is valid since I believe a reputed magazine (where I read this article) would not lie about the car's development.

and I felt the 2-tier dashboard and speedo placed in the line of sight was something new to Indians. The HUD speedometer was something which I had not seen on Indian cars. The way in which the dash light up when you switched on the car was cool, unlike any other.

The dashboard materials were far better on the Civic compared to the Corolla an the age old Octavia.

Which was the first car in India that offered paddle shifters. At affordable prices, that is?

Which car in India (and till date) offers a flat floor for rear passengers and can fit three people easily?

This car did bring a change to the Indian market, it was one of the most stylish cars when it was launched. Heck, it even forced Honda engineers to build the next City like the Civic.

Did you know? In Brazil, everyone refers to the new City as the mini-Civic?

Like I said, I don't know much about cars and this is just out of my knowledge.

heh. actually pretty much every car maker talks about how their aerodynamic design is better for low drag, fuel economy, sound etc... and they keep reporting this for every new car launch... standard marketing procedures :D

i havent seen the new civic being talked about... but the current/old one certainly is very good...

Got a call from dealer 5 mins ago.... New CIVIC launching tomorrow in Delhi.

Changes-

1. USB added

2. Cruise Control

3.Minor Cosmetic Changes

Happiest thing is Price will remain same or will increase upto 20k max to max.......

Punker said:
on road price in bhopal - Rs14,20,000 for 1.8 v M/T

They increased the prices too?!!?

This is a joke guys. There are no changes in this "new" Civic. And they are going to charge almost 1Lakh more from last year?

Back