Car & Bike New Honda Jazz vs new Suzuki Swift

hmm..... as I said everything about the is good except the fuel economy. Also the new Jazz has better suspensions. My question is that should I buy a diesel car?

well...1st compare only Petrol vs Petrol car.
if running is too much then no point talking Swift2 Diesel vs Jazz Petrol.
even if running is not that much but still think of basic when buying a car = RUNNING COST OF THE CAR / RESALE COST OF THE CAR
only on road price of car is just small portion of Iceberg..... think of cost of your running (fuel), Insurance, parts, Accidents and finally not necessary but resale value of the car - you can find many Honda City for 3L which are hardly 4 yrs old..... 4 yrs old Swift Diesel still can fetch 3L+

Think wisely..... only engine is smooth should not be the only reason when you buy a car.... i love Honda cars... in fact i don't like Swift but my vote in this compare - Swift.

and Trust me... you are in India...no matter what car you have...after she enjoy 3rd class roads and service from our so called ASS.... you hardly feel her that way after few K kms.

Right now all I am thinking is that at less than 15kmpl mileage and petrol prices rising constantly will the Jazz be a good choice? Better buy the Swift diesel because everytime you go for refill you won't feel bad when you see the prices of diesel. Also the diesel swift boasts of more than 20kmpl mileage.

papul1993 said:
but with a monthly running of less than 80 kms and the staying idle for weeks sometimes, should I buy a diesel car? I am ignoring the extra price and the fact that I wont be able to fully recover the premium that I paid for diesel car.

with the running 80 KM only for a month its a no brainer to get a petrol car, diesel wont help you any ways, even if diesel goes cheaper from here, you will not be recovering the premium you are paying upfront.

As someone said earlier comparing diesel v/s petrol is not a good thing to go.

medpal said:
with the running 80 KM only for a month its a no brainer to get a petrol car, diesel wont help you any ways, even if diesel goes cheaper from here, you will not be recovering the premium you are paying upfront.

Actually if we buy the diesel swift we will increase our monthly running upto 150 km per month. Right now we don't use the car much because of the petrol prices.

80 km per month ???? 2.5km a day ???? some calculation is wrong i guess.... anyway one should buy diesel if his monthly running (including weekend trips, family trips) should be more than 1500km per month.

my running was 1,000km per month but after i purchase Diesel Manza i have clocked 18,500km in 10 months :) now every weekend i take my family for outing.... and its very light on my pocket ... i gets 22-24km on highway

so dont think of current running. once you get affordability then running doubles :) keep that it mind. if i have petrol car and i have to enjoy Kokan trip = 1,000km i will have to shell out 7,500 vs current car i shell only 2,000

avi_avadhut said:
80 km per month ???? 2.5km a day ???? some calculation is wrong i guess.... anyway one should buy diesel if his monthly running (including weekend trips, family trips) should be more than 1500km per month.

my running was 1,000km per month but after i purchase Diesel Manza i have clocked 18,500km in 10 months :) now every weekend i take my family for outing.... and its very light on my pocket ... i gets 22-24km on highway

so dont think of current running. once you get affordability then running doubles :) keep that it mind. if i have petrol car and i have to enjoy Kokan trip = 1,000km i will have to shell out 7,500 vs current car i shell only 2,000

Nothing is wrong. Its just that we dont take out the car everyday. Our daily commute is done in public transport. As I said we take the car out only when the whole family has to go somewhere. We "sometimes" go on 200kms+ trips and in those cases we have to pay, just like you said, a LOT of money for petrol. But then, those trips only occur rarely so I am quite confused as to whether buy Petrol or diesel. Most people say that in my case its a no brainer to buy a petrol car but just think, in 3 years time petrol will be above Rs. 100/L. Who can drive in conditions like that? Diesel will still be less than Rs.70/L. So I am not just thinking of now. I am thinking about the future and we will definitely use the car for more than 8 years. Even being able to recover 70% of the premium I paid for the diesel car in 8 years time will be enough for me.

After alot of Research Between Polo 1.6,Jazz X, Swift 1.2 , I finally Booked the Jazz X. Waiting for delivery now. Should take a month, as the rep told me.
Will give my inputs on car as soon as I get it. But I would Recommend it rightaway because of the Honda Car Experience and the superb AC

papul1993 said:
How is the A/C of the Jazz btw? i20's A/C sucks. Swift's A/C is mediocre.
i own a jazz, the AC is superb (only a fiesta is better within the sub 10 lakhs range) and the only complaint is the ground clearance, with 4 people on board, the car would scrape most of the speedbreakers.
teja92 said:
After alot of Research Between Polo 1.6,Jazz X, Swift 1.2 , I finally Booked the Jazz X. Waiting for delivery now. Should take a month, as the rep told me.
Will give my inputs on car as soon as I get it. But I would Recommend it rightaway because of the Honda Car Experience and the superb AC

nice choice dude, congrats. you wont regret it

Friend booked a Jazz Select (Urban Titanium) finally :) - waiting period of 4-5 months now they say. :|

Had we booked when we took the first look and had posted here, could have got it in 3-4 weeks they had said then.

But we waited for a test-drive that should have happened in 1-2 weeks and they never seemed to get a vehicle one for TD and the waiting period went up in the meanwhile. :p

BIKeINSTEIN said:
Friend booked a Jazz Select (Urban Titanium) finally :) - waiting period of 4-5 months now they say. :|

Had we booked when we took the first look and had posted here, could have got it in 3-4 weeks they had said then.

But we waited for a test-drive that should have happened in 1-2 weeks and they never seemed to get a vehicle one for TD and the waiting period went up in the meanwhile. :p

Congrats. I too am waiting for a TD vehicle but the dealer hasn't been able to acquire one. I guess Jazz is not selling like hot cakes. :)

BIKeINSTEIN said:
New Swift ZXi or Jazz (plain/Select/X)- i am confused too. :(
To pay 5.81L+taxes for fully loaded Swift petrol vs 6.8-7.2L on-Road Mumbai for Jazz Select/X. :S

For you esp. the Swift could be a better choice, because Sai Service is so close by :p

Finally did Jazz test drive. Didn't like the rear seats. Maybe it was due to the plastics covering the seats. But the front seats were damn comfy.

Even I am in a similar situation! However, prices in Bangalore are sky high! On road for Jazz select is 7.1L, so wondering if we should buy a diesel car even though running will be 100kms a month max!

Swift ZXi is available for 6.7L on road here btw..

Back