New iPad user - some queries

anuragjiwrajka

Disciple
Hey guys I m new user to iPad also to ios.. Plz suggest me few things:

1) should I jb my iPad?
2) I just got it and it has iOS 5. Somebody told me I should nt upgrade to ios 6 (ios6 is nt as fast as ios5 for ipad3 retina)
3) can I install whatsapp?.
4) some nice apps & games..

1) should I jb my iPad?
2) I just got it and it has iOS 5. Somebody told me I should nt upgrade to ios 6 (ios6 is nt as fast as ios5 for ipad3 retina)

Yes you should jailbreak but I Personally I don't think I have got much jailbreak benefits on an iPad than on iPhone. But that is possibly because my iPhone is used much more frequently than iPad.
And yes do not upgrade the iOS if you want to jailbreak.
Whatsapp on iPad is not possible.

I have got iPad 3.. There are 2 different things which is making me confused abt what's app...

Pratikb - plz let's me know how to install is it with whatspad?? If yes then where can I get what's app downloaded??

Even if I want to jailbreak I can still install 6.1.2 isn't it?? I guess 6.1.3 doesn't not support jb.. Please correct me if I m wrong...

Btw I just checked I m getting 6.1.3 as an update so no point in upgrading...

1) should I jb my iPad?

1] You can jailbreak if you dont want to purchase apps and games and install pirated ones, jb also allows you to use tons of tweaks which is otherwise not possible

2] the latest version is 6.1.3 which is not jb'ble at the moment, its better you stay on ios 5 if you want to jb it

3] yes you can install whatsapp, but i think you will have to compulsorily jb your ipad in order to use whatsapp

4] lots and lots of apps and games,google it, i have installed fifa 13, tdkr, real racing 3, subway surfers, temple run2 , avplayer hd for movie watching,etc
NOTE - i have jailbroken my ipad, many of the above mentioned apps n games are paid ones

you need to download 6.1.2 ipsw and install that.
then jailbreak with evasi0n tool.

you cant install whatsapp on iPad.

I tried to install 6.1.2 on my friends iphone but i got an error everytime i tried to install,
I use whatsapp on my ipad mini

First of all to download whatsapp you will need to use the app store from within iPad and when you attempt to download whatsapp on ipad, it won't get downloaded i believe.

In order to use whatsapp on any ipad you have to compulsorily jailbreak it, after you have jailbroken your ipad, install whatspad through cydia, after that download whatsapp from any external source and install it, i used ifunbox to install

Thats it you are done

I have attached a pic showing whatsapp working on my ipad mini

NOTE - if you use only wifi ipad you can use any number to activate it, but if you use a sim card in your ipad make sure you insert that simcard in a mobile and then activate your whatsapp in ipad because your ipad wont receive any verification code which they send through message

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk HD1365360790.055828.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk HD1365360790.055828.jpg
    45.5 KB · Views: 177
you can either be on ios 5 or 6.1.3...there is no way you can now update your firmware to 6.1.2. So just jailbreak your ipad following a tutorial (for ios 5 jailbreak) from a popular blog like redmondpie.
whatspp will only work as explained in the post above.

but guys how do i download whatsapp messenger... i was able to jb my ipad... but unable to download whats app messenger... i was also able to install whatspad but now how do i install whatsapp.. i will be using iphone configuration utility...

Note: Everytime i go to itunes store or anywhere its asking for me to pay 0.99$.. Do i have to pay for it?

Guys is there any way to check whether the ipad is jb properly or not?

Google says that if cydia is installed that means its jb... so i guess i have JB ipad now with whatspad installed.. just whatsapp part remain...

Guys is there any way to check whether the ipad is jb properly or not?

Google says that if cydia is installed that means its jb... so i guess i have JB ipad now with whatspad installed.. just whatsapp part remain...

Do you see cydia in your iPad then it is jailbroken. Remember that whenever you install a new tweak there is a chance that some tweaks acts weird and cause the device to go into respring loops or crash. In such cases you restart the iPad by holding the volume up button to enter into safe mode and then use cydia to remove that offending tweak.

In order to use whatsapp on any ipad you have to compulsorily jailbreak it, after you have jailbroken your ipad, install whatspad through cydia, after that download whatsapp from any external source and install it, i used ifunbox to install
Thats it you are done
NOTE - if you use only wifi ipad you can use any number to activate it, but if you use a sim card in your ipad make sure you insert that simcard in a mobile and then activate your whatsapp in ipad because your ipad wont receive any verification code which they send through message

JB for 6.1.3 out ?

I have WhatsApp on my iPhone3GS & 4S, any chance the same can work on iPad? Both the phones are not JB'en.

Also can the same no. be used on both phone & iPad for whatsapp?

JB for 6.1.3 out ?

I have WhatsApp on my iPhone3GS & 4S, any chance the same can work on iPad? Both the phones are not JB'en.

Also can the same no. be used on both phone & iPad for whatsapp?

There is no JB for 6.1.3 and probably won't be.
Also i guess you can have whatsapp on iPad with same number as your iPhone (with the method suggested above).

Back