Laptops new laptop cleaning

h4x0R

Adept
Im wondering if there is a quick guide to cleaning all of the trial programs off of it and a guide to customizing notebooks and windows etc. I want to make this notebook perfectly clean, organized, and working to its full potential. or should i follow the routine trick formatting the full hard drive like we do in windows xp installation Is there a notebook general optimizing writeup someone has done? Thanks.

and one more question my lappy got preloaded OS winxp home edition how can i save its product key

i didnt received any cds with it!

plz help me out guys as quick as possible.

Im wondering if there is a quick guide to cleaning all of the trial programs off of it and a guide to customizing notebooks and windows etc. I want to make this notebook perfectly clean, organized, and working to its full potential. or should i follow the routine trick formatting the full hard drive like we do in windows xp installation Is there a notebook general optimizing writeup someone has done? Thanks.

The best and easiest method is a routine format and clean install...

Just make sure you download and keep at least the network drivers before the clean install so that you dont lose network access for subsequent driver downloads

and one more question my lappy got preloaded OS winxp home edition how can i save its product key

i didnt received any cds with it!

Uh-oh....

The product key would be on a label on the laptop base ...unfortunately, the preloaded XP home on most laptops is the OEM version, and OEM versions do not need any product key to istall, i.e. they are tied to the hardware signature (hash) of your manufacturer's BIOS

As a corollary, the XP Home OEM key wouldn't be a valid key for a regular retail XP home CD

the only way to get arnd this (legally) is to borrow a copy of the OEM XP CD for the same manufacturer and use that to install....

well my laptop came with an OEM version too and the key is at bottom. i downloaded xp oem version off a torrent and burned that onto a disc. i figure its legit since it accepts that key :p

superczar said:
The best and easiest method is a routine format and clean install...
Just make sure you download and keep at least the network drivers before the clean install so that you dont lose network access for subsequent driver downloads

Uh-oh....
The product key would be on a label on the laptop base ...unfortunately, the preloaded XP home on most laptops is the OEM version, and OEM versions do not need any product key to istall, i.e. they are tied to the hardware signature (hash) of your manufacturer's BIOS

As a corollary, the XP Home OEM key wouldn't be a valid key for a regular retail XP home CD

the only way to get arnd this (legally) is to borrow a copy of the OEM XP CD for the same manufacturer and use that to install....

i have this model Online Store Nederland - Gedetailleerd product

ya i shd download teh network drivers! but i dont know where to get them from can u help me plz and i dont have net on my lappy
and do u have any idea abt shd i install mobo drivers on it i know this is a noobie question and im i missing anythin important :huh: plz help me out guys
im pretty new to this laptop i dont know much abt lappyz

ow man...thats bloody expensive for the config

It seems to be a Packard bell machine, so head to the packard bell site to d/l the drivers:

you'll find all the drivers for your model here:

Downloads - EASYNOTE_MX45-100 - PB64G00086 - EasyNote MX45 series - platform_ajax_g_dc - Notebook

make sure to d/l and install at least the drivers for:

- network

- Video

- Chipset

- sound

later, you can install the non critical stuff like your touchpad, keyboard drivers etc.

edit: i just noticed you said no net...guess you can ask a friend to d/l them for you and write them on a CD

ok now how many partitions shd i make for movies,music,games ,etc when i check in the my computer its showing only 66gb where's the remaining space

the site says that it comes with 80GB hard drive!

superczar said:
ow man...thats bloody expensive for the config

It seems to be a Packard bell machine, so head to the packard bell site to d/l the drivers:

you'll find all the drivers for your model here:

Downloads - EASYNOTE_MX45-100 - PB64G00086 - EasyNote MX45 series - platform_ajax_g_dc - Notebook

make sure to d/l and install at least the drivers for:
- network
- Video
- Chipset
- sound

later, you can install the non critical stuff like your touchpad, keyboard drivers etc.

edit: i just noticed you said no net...guess you can ask a friend to d/l them for you and write them on a CD

i formatted the drive and installed Xp HOME edition now the problem there is no sound in my lappy it says no audio device. i installed the sound drivers from packard bell site and it still shows the same thing no audio device! i tried other drivers the realtek ones still no luck

you can use online driver detection and then it would directly give your the device name and after getting exact device name you can download the driver's from the manufacturer's site or from any other resource .. search google for more..

and check your warranty guidelines whether you are allowed to reload OS or not...
sometime warranty violates due to installation of software(OS)....

chill out man.... :southpar:

Back