Laptops New MacBook Pro or Dell XPS 1530?

Hello every one. I have never used a MAC notebook and i have never used the OSX. But many tell me that with the help of something called "Boot Camp" in the macbook pro, i will be able to have a dual OS. I am just worried of the compatibility problems.
Then we have the Dell XPS 1530. I am looking forward to buy any one of them(macbook pro or XPS) which can give me not the best but decent gaming. One main difference that i know is the graphic card in them. Dell has the 8600GT 256mb and the MBP has the 9600GT 512mb card.
Also, please give me links for sites where i can see latest mobile gpu comparisons. If you guys know any other laptop that gives similar or better performance then let me know PLEASE.
Are there any upcoming laptops that will have good gpu?

mod_to_odd said:
Thanks guys for the lovely response. The hp dv5-1015tx ,dv5-1016tx are available here in India?

yes they r. 60k n 70k. gr8 value for money. IMO +1L on a laptop is obscene n a waste, but IMO of couse. It could b peanuts for someone else. :)

What i could find on the Indian web site of HP is dv5-1120tx, which has a 9600GT in it. I cant seem to find any model like the The hp dv5-1015tx ,dv5-1016tx . But the CPU is a bit sad compared to the 1530xps which has a T8100. In the HP we have the T5800. I am really not in a rush to buy. I just dont want to regret later.

I suppose the HPs would be great value for money. The mac would basically be a good show off for the extra premium (since u are not a Mac OS fan yet).

Also, I don't know the status of Apple ASS in India, but HP has the biggest (?) network in India in the laptop divisions.

I've heard some horrid stories about HP and would suggest you pick the MBP or customised XPS.

If you can live with a 13.3", the new Macbook also is fantastic value for money!

For running Windows primarily, what 's the point spending so mucho on the MBP?

you do get a far far better screen and touchpad than the 1530 though but probably still does not justify the price difference

Here you go:

DV5- 1015TX P7350 3GBDDR2 250GB DVDRW VHP 15.4" TVTUNER 512MB DEDI 9600M

DV5- 1016TX P7350 3GBDDR2 320GB BLU RAY VHP 15.4" TVTUNER 512MB DEDI 9600M

NO T5800 by the way. This has the newer P7350.

Oh, this is from my dealers price sheet. So these are actual units available in the Indian market :D

Hi techie 007 today i went to about 3-4 hp dealers in BANGALORE to buy the HP PAVILION DV5-1015tc lappy, but i was disappointed to hear that the laptop is out of stock and not available even with the distributors, so i have thought of calling the customer care people to enquire whether the model is temporarily out of stock or the model itself is stopped.

sharathpadaru said:
Hi techie 007 today i went to about 3-4 hp dealers in BANGALORE to buy the HP PAVILION DV5-1015tc lappy, but i was disappointed to hear that the laptop is out of stock and not available even with the distributors, so i have thought of calling the customer care people to enquire whether the model is temporarily out of stock or the model itself is stopped.

1. The Model CANNOT be stopped :p Its just been launched like 3 months back I guess. Probably just the bangalore distri is out of stock for now.

2. Try croma if theres one nearby. They have their own logistics/distribution/stocks and should have/be able to arrange one :)

Back