PC Peripherals New NZXT mid range cabinet

this is the exact same case i already have, nzxt tempest. it just has black interiors & diff color fans it seems. dunno if anything else has changed.

NZXT has updated its Crafted series lineup of PC cases, with a new Tempest EVO case. Just as it was the case with Beta EvO, the new Tempest is a logical step in evolution. NZXT decided to fix all the glitches that the previous Tempest had and to introduce some of the latest features that can be found on new NZXT cases.

The new Tempest EVO measures 211.5x521.5x562 mm and feature a combination of steel and plastic, so it weighs 11.2kg. The case has room for three 5.25-inch external devices or six if you decide to remove one HDD cage. It has a top mounted audio, USB and eSATA ports and features pre-drilled holes for water-cooling as well as pre-drilled hole on the motherboard tray for better cable and cooler backplate mounting.

The interior is also painted in black which is a nice touch, and when it comes to airflow, NZXT didn't skimp on that part as well. The Tempest EVO features a total of six fans, two 120mm blue LED in the front, one 120mm on the side panel, one 120 at the back, and dual 140mm fans on the top of the case.

The new Tempest EVO is already shipping at a recommended price tag of US $99.99.
NZXT shows its Tempest EVO case
nzxttempestevo1.jpg

nzxttempestevo3.jpg

nzxttempestevo2.jpg

It look nice...
Hope it would be in same price tag here too...

looks hawt..

called prime yesterday but not yet available :p

the regular tempest was above 6k.

this should be priced against CM 690 Pure (the black one)

Frankly speaking... the original Tempest was priced too high here, and when you compare it to Tempest EVO (with all the black interiors and refined features) that price starts looking like total rip-off.

Unfortunately, as an upgrade to original Tempest the price of EVO here will come "upgraded". :(

iGo said:
Frankly speaking... the original Tempest was priced too high here, and when you compare it to Tempest EVO (with all the black interiors and refined features) that price starts looking like total rip-off.

Unfortunately, as an upgrade to original Tempest the price of EVO here will come "upgraded". :(

you are completely wrong. infact the original tempest was priced cheaper than newegg. prime was selling it for 6k. i myself bought it. at the same time it was selling for 120$ + tax + shipping on newegg.

even if u consider the nzxt tempest now, if it sells for 6000rs here, its still an amazing price considering it sells for 110$ + tax on newegg even today.
here is the link. please dont consider the stupid mail in rebate they are giving.
Newegg.com - NZXT TEMPEST Crafted Series CS-NT-TEM-B Black Steel / Plastic ATX Mid Tower Computer Case - Computer Cases

^ Oh... I think then I must have made mistake in reading the price or must have mixed prices from some other cabby back then. I stand corrected. :)

naveen58 said:
asked amarbir today to start a GO said he's not interested :p !!

He's got something against NZXT cabinets apparently. Don't blame him though, probably bad experience with some of the lower end ones in the range, which i agree are crappy(Alpha, Guardian to name a few...).

Apollo, Lexa and Tempest are the strong ones in their lineup, and now this one. Its a replacement for the old tempest so logically it should come in at the same price, maybe a bit higher until the old stock clears. If so, i think its a steal.

Amien said:
He's got something against NZXT cabinets apparently. Don't blame him though, probably bad experience with some of the lower end ones in the range, which i agree are crappy(Alpha, Guardian to name a few...).

Apollo, Lexa and Tempest are the strong ones in their lineup, and now this one. Its a replacement for the old tempest so logically it should come in at the same price, maybe a bit higher until the old stock clears. If so, i think its a steal.

i'm desperate to get one of these case..
can you somehow ask any dealer that you know to arrange this as there are lots of people who need this...
why not start an IC for this..

naveen58 said:
i'm desperate to get one of these case..
can you somehow ask any dealer that you know to arrange this as there are lots of people who need this...
why not start an IC for this..

Unfortunately, i don't think i can be of much help. Your best bet is contacting Prime ABGB as they are the national distris. for NZXT. Im not sure even that will help much since they seem to be adamant about sticking to their ~3-4 odd NZXT cabinet lineup( blue Tempest, red Lexa, the cheap plasticy Alphas and the all show-no airflow Guardian). I requested them to stock the Apollo once, the reply to which came a negative after waiting for a month or so. Apparently Lexa stocks would be hard to move if the apollo was on sale since its pretty much just as good for nearly half the price. You could request them to see if getting the Evo is possible, but don't expect it to come till the old Tempest is in stock or if its overpriced by ~1-1.5k INR of the suggested retail(of the old/current tempest).

Amien said:
Unfortunately, i don't think i can be of much help. Your best bet is contacting Prime ABGB as they are the national distris. for NZXT. Im not sure even that will help much since they seem to be adamant about sticking to their ~3-4 odd NZXT cabinet lineup(1 blue fan-ed Tempest, red fan-ed Lexa, the cheap plasticy Alphas and the all show-no airflow Guardian). I requested them to stock the Apollo once, the reply to which came a negative after waiting for a month or so. Apparently Lexa stocks would be hard to move if the apollo was on sale since its pretty much just as good for nearly half the price. You could request them to see if getting the Evo is possible, but don't expect it to come till the old Tempest is in stock or if its overpriced by ~1-1.5k INR of the suggested retail(of the old/current tempest).

hmmm i think i've to get this the KMD way..

^^ The shipping might turn out to be as much as the case price, which doesnt make sense as for the same price (case+shipping) ie 10-11k odd you will get Lian Li out here through Phoenix...

Call up Prime, they stock the older version, and might stock the newer one too..

Back