New pc : Cpu/mobo/psu/hdd/ram - 30k

I guess some of them here are quoting the MSI HD5770 Hawk price which is indeed 9k-9.4k.

The MSI 1GB GTX460 Cyclone costs ~ 13k-13.5k and the MSI 1GB GTX460 Hawk costs ~ 13.5k-14k

SoulFire said:
is the 1000 difference in cost for the hawk justified ? whats the max OC the cyclone reaches as compared to the hawk ?

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

how about the Zotac AMP Edition card AMP! GeForce GTX 460 1GB 384-bit (810MHz/4000MHz) [ZT-40403-10P]

i believe this nicely OCed with 5 yrs warranty ?
I honestly feel the Zotac version of the card has a more solid feel to it, also why don't you look at the new GTS 450

PNY GeForce GTS 450 1GB XLR8 Review

NVIDIA GeForce GTS 450 1GB Single & SLI Review

DarkAngel said:
Its a 2+3 yrs warranty. 2 yrs from Aditya infotech and 3 yrs direct from Zotac if u register within 15 days.
chalega 5 yrs is still 5 yrs and whats the cost of that card, frankly i see 5 yrs being quite good is it freely available in the market whats the cost difference with the normal version coz both coolers r same on the AMP and normal version.
im still inclined towards the MSI but i would consider this seeing the cost.

SoulFire said:
chalega 5 yrs is still 5 yrs and whats the cost of that card, frankly i see 5 yrs being quite good is it freely available in the market whats the cost difference with the normal version coz both coolers r same on the AMP and normal version.

im still inclined towards the MSI but i would consider this seeing the cost.

Here's something that'd help deciding what to buy ...

Zotac 460 Reference vs Zotac 460 AMP!

If given a choice - I'd save some $$ and go with the reference GTX460 - Rather than the AMP! - But then If you are like really into the AMP! stuff ...Upto you
I suggest checking out the prices @

IT Wares - GTX 460 Zotac

Prime ABGB Homepage - Mumbai

Deltapage - Chennai

SMC Intl. New-Delhi

This should give you a rough Idea of what the prices are like ...

hmm didnt really help if im gonna OC will Zotac really OC as compared to the MSI , hows the build quality ? so if i compare zotac normal vs msi cyclone for approx 13k both same price zotac has 5 yrs warranty and msi has great OC potential, confused, what to do ?

ok no zotac , build quality is pff comparatively, quick question if pricing is same or similar MSI 5850 twin frozr 1gb or MSI 460 GTX HAWK 1gb ?

No I think the Twin Frozr HD 5850 will be more around 15K or 16K, also I had a bad experience with MSI, I had bought a HAWK HD 5770, the heatsink and GPU core were not in proper contact pfff... my ccard blew all temp records touching 110 and finally died two months earlier, thankfully the RMA was quick and I have a god HAWK piece now

ok no 5850 decided to go for the 460 itself, went n picked up all the remaining stuff today like i mentioned above , the zotac is available for 12750, was tempting but shall wait for Monday to see about the MSI stock.

im told to wait 10 days to buy a gfx that the 6850 should be here which should be much more powerful than the 460, since i have onboard , 10 days is not really much of the wait , does that make sense or is that not so realistic ?

SoulFire said:
im told to wait 10 days to buy a gfx that the 6850 should be here which should be much more powerful than the 460, since i have onboard , 10 days is not really much of the wait , does that make sense or is that not so realistic ?
No way the HD6850 will be here in 10 days. The Oct launch is just a paper launch and with mass availabilty only in mid-November. You can expect it to be here by late Nov or early Decemeber.

Another twist -

the rams might be delayed and im considering buying them anew.

G.SKILL-Products

G.SKILL-Products

trident or ripjaws , which would be better for about 5k ? considering better performance and oc potential

Ive been told by a couple of experienced TE members saying that Gskill is having a high failure rate recently is this true ?

The Mushkin CAS 7 kit also looks very nice for about 6.1k

thers also the 996768 - SILVERLINE 4GB (2x2GB) DDR3 PC3-10666 9-9-9-24 STILETTO series which is 4.5k shipped.

which would be an apt ram considering i wont overclock too much also keeping in mind this is an AMD setup and ram is gonna be picky.

ok finally decided on buying the mushkin ram , for lil more decided to buy that was the only cl7 ram for the price.

now deciding hard on the cyclone or the hawk. thinking of getting the cyclone as that clocks quite high too. saving the the money to buy the katana3 makes sense to get an after market cpu cooler .

Ordered for the MSI Cyclone , the Mushkin ram and instead of getting the HAWK spent lil more and got a katana 3 CPU cooler.

Now awaiting the stuff, will post in the showoff soon , many thanks to all that helped.

Quick question : I have a WD 640 AAKS and a 1TB Seagate 7200.12, which should i use primarily for the OS ?

I think the Seagate drive is a better bet, or still if you are so doubtfull why don't you run benches on both and see for yourself. Hope I did not sound rude

ALPHA17 said:
I think the Seagate drive is a better bet, or still if you are so doubtfull why don't you run benches on both and see for yourself. Hope I did not sound rude
no you did not, i could run benchies but that means ill have to load an os 1st before i run a benchmark , i think ill use the seagate :)

Back