New PC under 20000 for gaming.

Q: What is your budget?

Q: What is your existing hardware configuration and what all are you keeping?

-Old Pc. Pentium 4 processor

-Stock Graphics card 64mb

-512 MB ram

-Logitech mouse (Keeping)

-Hcl Keyboard (Keeping)

-Western Digital Caviar Blue 7200RPM 500gb (Keeping)

-Zenith Computer Speakers (Keeping)

-Samsung CD drive (Keeping)

-Samsung SyncMaster 540n

Q: Which hardware component are you looking to buy (component name). If you have already decided on a configuration then please mention the (component brand and model) as well, this will help us in fine tuning your requirement.

-Intel i3 Intel® Core

-Ati or sapphire 5670 or 4850 or any other GPU in the same price range. (Dont know which one. Depends on price)

-New Ram.

-New widescreen monitor good enough for gaming.

-Any compatible motherboard with enough and extra slots.

-New Cabinet(Cheap one)

Q: Is this going to be your final configuration or you would be adding/upgrading a component in near future. If yes then please mention when and which component

-I will not be upgrading anytime soon.

Q: Where will you buy this hardware? (Online/City/TE Dealer)

-Kottayam, Kerala

Q: Would you consider buying a second hand hardware from the TE market

-I dont know. Concerned about the quality of second hand hardware.

Q: What is your intended use for this PC/hardware

- 50% Gaming

- 50% Movies, Music, Browsing

- Computer will be downloading when not browsing the internet.

Q: If you will be playing games then which type of games will you be playing?

- I play all games.

- Strategy

- Action - Call of duty, Crisis, Battlefield bad company etc etc.

- Racing - Dirt, Need For Speed etc.

Q: What is your preferred monitor resolution for gaming and normal usage

-Gaming - 1280x728 or 1366x768

-Normal - Doesnt matter as long as the screen fits completely and is clear and visible properly.

Q: Are you looking to overclock?

- Want to if it wont damage the PC.

Q: Which operating system do you intend to use with this configuration?

- Windows 7 Ultimate. (Already Have Genuine Windows 7 Ultimate)

Thanks! Help me please!

Windows 7 Ultimate alone will cost you Rs.10,000+.

I run a windows basic in 1 PC. and a Win 7 Home premium in another PC. That alone is Rs.12,000 for me.

dude i already have windows 7

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

Guys please reply!

And the i3 comes with an inbuilt graphics card(HD 3000). Will that be enough for gaming and will the other cards be an upgrade or a downgrade?

don't mean to be rude..but now why don't i belive you....

a person having a budget of just 20k for new hardware with no mindset of upgrading anytime soon is able to buy an OS worth around 13k....

well nevertheless

this is my suggestion

phenom x4 955 be 5.6k

gigabyte 880 chipset ud2h 4k

corsair 4gb value ram 1.1k

dell IN2030m monitor 5.6k

so you are now left with just 4k for your graphics card choice so you are quite limited....gts 250/9800gt may be the best you could get...

imo just buy a second hand good gfx card from some te owner...

or if u really want everything first hand then change cpu to athlon x4 645 which will cost you less than 4000 rs..but i would not suggest that honestly as its not very good for gaming....

:)

Dude my brother has a laptop and he got windows 7 ultimate with it. My other cousin bro got windows 7 ultimate for his birthday. So why should i waste 10k on a an os if i already have it?

Which one is better? Intel i3-2125 or phenom x4 955? And can you guys suggest a good graphics card?

amithkallupalam said:
Dude my brother has a laptop and he got windows 7 ultimate with it. My other cousin bro got windows 7 ultimate for his birthday. So why should i waste 10k on a an os if i already have it?

Which one is better? Intel i3-2125 or phenom x4 955? And can you guys suggest a good graphics card?

I think i3 is better but Amd has 4 core advantage so today most of the games are utilizing all 4 cores so i think get AMD with 4 core.

i already posted a config...i think u just saw the windows os part and ignored the recommendation heh!!

and btw for that limited budget amd phenom is better overall and the best gfx u can get is gts 250 for around 4k or gt 440....

u should consider second hand options...then u might get hd4850 and gtx 260/gts450 at most for that budget.....

OK. So it finally comes down to graphics.
You suggested the nvidia gts250 gt440.
A lot of other people suggested HD6670. And what about the geforce 9600gt
Which one should I get and which one has more performance and graphics? I'm willing to stretch my budget a little. So please help me.

imo if u can manage to get a gts 450 or gtx 260 then it would be awesome... although gtx 260 is better than gts 450 but it does not have dx11 support which is not that bad thing imo..as not much games have dx11 to begin with.....

and pls don't go for 9600gt or hd6670 they are not that good gpu's for gaming anymore.....

if worst comes to worst take gts 250/hd4850.....thats the least u should get to enjoy gaming with decent eye candy....

and if u can't find these within ur reach then only go for hd6670....

and what psu do u have...???

^^yup i know and im suggesting u to get second hand..thats why i said if u can't find any gud deals on them then only consider hd6670...

Ok I have a friend who constantly keeps changing gfx. So maybe ill check up with him. He constantly keeps upgrading his rig so maybe ill get a lot of cheap stuff from him.

The hd6770 is way too costlier. With that money i can get a hd4850. And btw how big is the monitor you suggested?

So about the processor finally. i3 2125 or Phenom II x4 955? And any other better mobos? This is gonna be my first pc so.. Help.

amithkallupalam said:

So technically aren't you pirating?

Hands down the Core i3 wins the day over the Phenom IIx4 in gaming. Except for higher threaded operations, such as rendering, virtual box and productivity applications in general. AMD quad-core vs. Intel Core i3 (dual core with HT) -- AnandTech - Bench - CPU

Going to be hard in your minuscule budget.

^^ Here is what I'll suggest --

Intel Core i3 2100 ~ 6200/- Intel Core i3-2100 Performance Analysis and Conclusion | bit-tech.net
Intel DH-67BL ~ 5800/- OR ASUS P8H61-M PLUS ~ 3400/-
Corsair ValueRAM 4GB x 1 ~ 1300/-
nVidia GTS 450 ~ 6500/- OR AMD HD 5770 ~ 6200/-
Dell IN2030M ~ 6500/-
Zebronics local cabinet [minus SMPS] ~ 1000/-
FSP Saga II 400W ~ 1900/- [yes, yes before you grill me about why you need a decent SMPS, please be aware that a decent SMPS not only contributes to higher power efficiency but also ensures that your components do not get fried due to power surges OR any other such calamities, assuming that the SMPS itself will get damaged beyond repair unless you have an appropriate UPS system in place]

Else the AMD alternative to the same will be --

AMD A8-3850 ~ 6500/- [a review of the AMD Llano quad-core + HD 6550D combo -- Conclusion : AMD A8-3850 Review: Llano Rocks Entry-Level Desktops / AnandTech - Bench - CPU]
Gigabyte A75S2V ~ 5700/-
[rest RIG same as above]

OR if you are really on a super tight budget, then forgo the graphics card for now and get it ~ 2-3 months down the lane, if you are going for the AMD Llano set-up then you will not need any graphics card in the interim [but be wary eye candy has to be set to lower levels], else you can purchase a HD 6670 a few months down the line and enable a hybrid CrossFire setup with the card and the IGP on CPU-die.

Hope this helps, Sire.

+1 to the core i3. because i understand you will be using it as 24*7 downloading rig also.it will be more power efficient.if you are not going to upgrade for a long time ,its okay to go over budget 10-15% .think long term ,like buying a car!

Back