Budget Above 25K New Phone Advice Please...Really Confused I am.

dilpreet

Disciple
Questions:-
1. Budget?
A: INR 35K(Can Extend lil bit if its really worth it)

2. Preferred display size, type and resolution?
A: 5.2"-5.5", Frankly speaking i cant figure out the difference in most of the screens.All i need is minimum of Full HD resolution(I know it sound silly)

3. Preferred operating system? (Android (with version), iOS, Windows Phone etc).
A: Marshmallow and above

4. Preferred connectivity options? (4G, 3G, 2G etc).
A: 4G Minimum(Planning to go for JIO sim :)

5. Do you have any brand preference or dislike? Please name them.
A: No preference. Should have good service network.I prefer a known brand.

6. What is your intended use for this phone (internet, camera, multimedia, mails etc.)?
A: Camera,Emails,Facebook,Whatsapp(I dont do gaming and all and use the phone for general stuff)

7. Single SIM/ Dual SIM?
A: No preference

8. New or Used? Online or Offline?
A: New. Don’t mind buying online

9. Any other requirements?
A:I am currently using Xperia Z2 and i am damn happy with this handset.No issues since i have owned it.Loved every moment.My priority is good camera and good battery life.My current phone gives me approx 5/5+Hours SOT with 40% brightness and lasts easily for 1.5-2 days.The usage is moderate throughout.Prefer a SD card slot otherwise the current SD card will get wasted.Otherwise 64 GB will suffice for me.
Sony almost provided Vanila Andriod experience which even i prefer.

10. If you have already considered a phone, then please mention the model
A: One Plus 3(But Battery is a concern),Xperia X dual(But price is not worth i guess)

Flipkart sneak peak says 5k off on flagship Mi phone. It could mean 5k off on Mi5? At 18k it is better option than lenovo z2 plus.

Yes, should be the MI5 only. this was expected after Z2 plus launch.
I think the MI5 at 18K is really great value for money and way better than Z2 plus. Only +ve for the Lenovo phone is that it's got a 4GB/64GB version.

ZTE AXON 7.
Yes, very good phone but not available in India. And ZTE does not seem to be serious about India.
They also got the Nubia range of phones which are good as well.

Honor 8 is also launching this month but I think it will be priced close to 30K.
I also hope the MI5s is launched in India soon... seems like a kick-ass phone.
Suddently, there are lots of good options in the 5" space -
MI5
Z2 plus
New Pixel
Mi 5s
Honor 8.

planning to order MI5 tomorrow from flipkart..should be available at 18K after 10% SBI cashback.
After comparing Z2 plus and MI5, going for MI5 due to -
better camera with OIS
gorilla glass protection
brighter screen

Guys should i go for Moto x force. Its goin for 27k which i believe is worth. Please suggest fast
no, please avoid previous gen processors from Snapdragon.
Go for SD 820 device with your budget. If you are not willing to buy ZUK/MI phones, go for OP3 or S7. But please dont spend 27K on old processor.
If you are ok with 5.5" device you can check out the new Moto Z play as well which has SD625 - extremely efficient and capable for all normal tasks.

@aadi007 -Yaar I checked the specs of the Moto Z play and in fact i wanted to check with you that is the 625 a good processor?
I dont do any gaming and all on my phone.
I use it mostly for clicking pics abs fb and whatsapp and occasionally watching youtube videos.
So do you think 625 will suffice .Battery wise i am happy.Only query i have is the proccy and the camera.My current xperia z2 uses SD 801 PROCCY
Also how is the camera on moto play as in is it better or equal than my current xperia z2?
Awaiting reply

@aadi007 -Yaar I checked the specs of the Moto Z play and in fact i wanted to check with you that is the 625 a good processor?
I dont do any gaming and all on my phone.
I use it mostly for clicking pics abs fb and whatsapp and occasionally watching youtube videos.
So do you think 625 will suffice .Battery wise i am happy.Only query i have is the proccy and the camera.My current xperia z2 uses SD 801 PROCCY
Also how is the camera on moto play as in is it better or equal than my current xperia z2?
Awaiting reply
Moto Z play has SD625 which is more than enough for all normal tasks and you will get probably the best battery life. Plus it's havind S-AMOLED screen.
I have not read lots of reviews of it but the camera should be better than Moto G4+ and Moto G4+ itself is having pretty good camera.
Looks like you do not want to go for Chinese phones, though Moto is also owned by Lenovo now. :)
Can you tell me which brands you are fine with? May be I can suggest accordingly.

@aadi007 ->Yaar i am ok with Sony,Samsung,Lenovo,One plus .My only condition is better or equal battery life and camera performance than my XPERIA Z2.
I mean i prefer a non chinese brand but then if someone can gimme everything in 1 package i can definately go for it.
The benchmark is my xperia z2.Anything better or equal will do

@aadi007 ->Yaar i am ok with Sony,Samsung,Lenovo,One plus .My only condition is better or equal battery life and camera performance than my XPERIA Z2.
I mean i prefer a non chinese brand but then if someone can gimme everything in 1 package i can definately go for it.
The benchmark is my xperia z2.Anything better or equal will do

Pixel phones launched just now at $650 onwards..India pricing at 57K for 5" Pixel. RIP Pixel :)

Sony is ruled out.Lenovo Z2 plus does not have a good camera.
You can consider Moto Z play .. if the reviews indicate a good camera,you can go for it. You will get almost stock Android with awesome battery life.
I would still suggest oneplus 3. it's way better than Z2 in every way other than battery life. But it gives 4+ hours SOT and should easily last entire day.
Otherwise, if you have money, go for the S7/S7 edge.

Even o was lil dissapointed with the pricing of pixel. So looks like Moto z play is the safest bet for me.just waiting for the reviews now.else ill go with Op3.i have to compromise on battery so then that be it.

Guys need your advise please.
Today pixel pre orders have started and in the inaugural offer they are giving the exchange offer plus i am also getting the 0% EMI and Interest as well.
I currently own a xperia z2 and they are taking my phone for around 9300 which is way way more than what i am getting outside or even on any other website.The max i have seen is 4500 for my phone(Amazon.in on OP3 purchase)
So my question is should i go for this purchase.One of the motivating factors is that i am getting almost double for my old phone.
Now one can argue that for saving 4500 i am ready to spend 47000 which i understand is lil foolish but if you see the other side i am also getting the pixel 32 GB at 47000 after discount and even for a 18 month emi i am not being charged anything extra.
Another thing i wanted to ask you guys is that should i wait for the phone to be launched and reviews to come and then make a descision

Need your suggestions please.
Initially i was planning for OP3 but i have heard rumors that the production of the phone has stopped.
I am little confused

Back