Budget Above 25K New Phone Advice Please...Really Confused I am.

dilpreet

Disciple
Questions:-
1. Budget?
A: INR 35K(Can Extend lil bit if its really worth it)

2. Preferred display size, type and resolution?
A: 5.2"-5.5", Frankly speaking i cant figure out the difference in most of the screens.All i need is minimum of Full HD resolution(I know it sound silly)

3. Preferred operating system? (Android (with version), iOS, Windows Phone etc).
A: Marshmallow and above

4. Preferred connectivity options? (4G, 3G, 2G etc).
A: 4G Minimum(Planning to go for JIO sim :)

5. Do you have any brand preference or dislike? Please name them.
A: No preference. Should have good service network.I prefer a known brand.

6. What is your intended use for this phone (internet, camera, multimedia, mails etc.)?
A: Camera,Emails,Facebook,Whatsapp(I dont do gaming and all and use the phone for general stuff)

7. Single SIM/ Dual SIM?
A: No preference

8. New or Used? Online or Offline?
A: New. Don’t mind buying online

9. Any other requirements?
A:I am currently using Xperia Z2 and i am damn happy with this handset.No issues since i have owned it.Loved every moment.My priority is good camera and good battery life.My current phone gives me approx 5/5+Hours SOT with 40% brightness and lasts easily for 1.5-2 days.The usage is moderate throughout.Prefer a SD card slot otherwise the current SD card will get wasted.Otherwise 64 GB will suffice for me.
Sony almost provided Vanila Andriod experience which even i prefer.

10. If you have already considered a phone, then please mention the model
A: One Plus 3(But Battery is a concern),Xperia X dual(But price is not worth i guess)

Hello guys, I'm in Oman and bought p9 3 days back. Don't know how much it would cost in India but I got it 33k INR.
Honor 8 is
3.5k cheaper
I would suggest if you are not a gamer and don't care about brands then go for it.
COngrats on the new phone. P9 luks wonderful.

Please share your feedback about the phone -
Signal reception both 3G/4G and Wifi, call quality
camera
battery

Why did you not go for Honor 8 when it was cheaper and comes with more RAM and IR blaster?

In India, P9 costs 40K. So, Honor 8 might cost 35K, which rules it out as it is way over budget for me.
Let's hope the ZUK Z2 is priced well. Else, I will go for the MI 5.

One more news - the new Google Pixel phones are going to be very expensive it seems with a starting price of $650, which is basically the same as Iphone 7. I had predicted this long back. So, looks like the 5" Pixel will have a starting price of 40-45K and the bigger 5.5" Pixel XL will cost easily in excess of 50K. So, may not be worth waiting for those. Better to pickup a Galaxy S7. Launch rumored to be on October 4.

I suggest go for reputed brands and only go for flagship products. I have a moto x force as I have tendency to drop my phone once every 3 to 4 weeks. My previous phone Lenovo K3 Note did handle quite a few drops until I dropped on a projected surface of a floor and the screen cracked. One thing I do love about Lenovo is that they keep releasing software updates very regularly. Not many companies including Samsung can claim that. Using a Flagship phone makes hell lot of a difference. I am using my Moto X force and for once I am really enjoying the pure Android experience. Do look out for the Moto optimizations such as Moto voice, Moto gestures etc. They are cool and useful.

Again, Reputed Brand and Flagship.

I suggest go for reputed brands and only go for flagship products. I have a moto x force as I have tendency to drop my phone once every 3 to 4 weeks. My previous phone Lenovo K3 Note did handle quite a few drops until I dropped on a projected surface of a floor and the screen cracked. One thing I do love about Lenovo is that they keep releasing software updates very regularly. Not many companies including Samsung can claim that. Using a Flagship phone makes hell lot of a difference. I am using my Moto X force and for once I am really enjoying the pure Android experience. Do look out for the Moto optimizations such as Moto voice, Moto gestures etc. They are cool and useful.

Again, Reputed Brand and Flagship.
Please avoid Moto
Pathetic service
There is a token system of 110 tokens per day like a reliance jio SIM for service.
It starts at 8 in morning and by 9 all token are finished.
Most disgusting service provider is Motorola.

Both Moto Z are 5.5" devices ..so I am not considering.
And Moto Z has terrible battery life - 5.5" QHD screen with 2500 mah battery - recipe for disaster - LOL

Moto Z play is comes with a mediocre processor and big battery.

By the way, ZUK Z2 launch tomorrow..lets c the pricing

PS - DO NOT expect them to be cheap. Moto Z will cost >40K for sure. The Play may be around 30K. Again, not worth it unless you want those MotoMods.

ZUK Z2 launched at excellent price.
3GB/32 GB - 18K
4GB/64GB - 20K.

I am 99% going for the 4GB/64GB model. Seems extremely VFM to me.
Still, I will wait for a few reviews probably before picking it up.

Just to highlight a few key advantages over the MI 5 (available in India) -
1> cheaper by 5K
2> bigger battery
3> higher frequency processor compared to the underclocked CPUs in Mi5.

Looks like Mi5 have a better screen and probably camera but not very sure.

Sale starts in Amazon on 25th September.

ZUK Z2 launched at excellent price.

Just to highlight a few key advantages over the MI 5 (available in India) -
1> cheaper by 5K
2> bigger battery
3> higher frequency processor compared to the underclocked CPUs in Mi5.

Looks like Mi5 have a better screen and probably camera but not very sure.

Sale starts in Amazon on 25th September.

I'm looking at this one keenly as well, but the almost non-existent XDA community support is a little worrying, since I have no idea how good Lenovo's ROM is..
And the one review I found somewhere on the internet for the camera, indicated that it is bad-worst in average to low light (comparable to One+1 or inferior).. Let's see if the Indian version is any better.

I'm looking at this one keenly as well, but the almost non-existent XDA community support is a little worrying, since I have no idea how good Lenovo's ROM is..
And the one review I found somewhere on the internet for the camera, indicated that it is bad-worst in average to low light (comparable to One+1 or inferior).. Let's see if the Indian version is any better.
XDA support will be average I guess. But I think the ZUI is pretty nice. I do not want to go down the path of installing custom ROMs and stuff as I already wasted a lot of time in that.
The only worry for me is the camera. Seems like the camera is pretty bad when compared to others. If camera is important, better to go for something else. Mi5 camera is okay but OP3 is better. Even Zenfone 3 camera it seems is pretty good. I would have bought OP3 if not for the size and average battery life.

@aadi007 well i am again dissapointed because everything is ok expect the camera which again is a deciding factor for me.looks like i have to wait for pixel phone else ill go with s7
Yes, if you want a very good camera.
Among the budget flagships, OP3 has the best camera and luks like ZUK Z2 is the worst.
So, OP3>MI5>Z2 in terms of camera.
Otherwise, I like the ZUK Z2 very much. The 4Gb/64GB camera is a steal at this price.

The Pixel phone camera will be as good as the S7 if not better.
It is an improved version of the 12 MP sensor on the Nexus 6P/5X (which was already excellent ) and coomes with F1.8 lens. So, it will be excellent no doubt about it.

Since you have the budget, it makes sense to pick up the Pixel phone.

I am still thinking whether it makes sense to spend 15K more for a better camera.

Just wanted to point out some differences between the Lenovo Z2 plus (ZUK Z2) and MI 5.
While the ZUK Z2 definitely seems more value for money, it is worth noting some differences -

Advantage Z2 PLus -
3GB/32B version 5K cheaper than MI5.
Offers a 4GB/64GB version which MI5 does not offer in India. Also, this version is 3K cheaper than the 3GB/32GB version of the MI5.
Bigger battery (3500 mah vs 3000 mah)
Nice implementation of the fingerprint scanner which offers multiple innovative functions.
Processors are faster as the MI5 offered in India has underclocked processors.

Advantage MI5 -
Much brighter screen (600 nits vs 400 nits).
Better camera with OIS
UFS 2.0 storage which is much faster than eMMC storage on ZUK Z2
Gorilla glass protection (ZUK Z2 does not have anything mentioned)
IR blaster, NFC

I am not mentioning the user experience as both phones have their own skins on Android. The ZUI looks to be lighter and closer to stock than the Mi5.
I think it will come down to individual preferences about the UX.

So, at first glance, it seems the ZUk Z2 is much more value for money than the MI5.
But, there are some obvious cost cutting measures which may not be visible until you look closely.
Both are excellent options for people looking for a compact phone with high end specs at around 20K.

Poeple who don't mind a bigger phone, definitely makes sense to go for the OnePlus3. It offers better camera and close to stock Android UX than either of the above.

MI5s launched with awesome prices.
If this comes in India, I will ditch everything else and buy it. But question is - when will it come?

Also, it comes with IMX378 sensor which is the same sensor on the upcoming Pixel phones (improved version of the Nexus 6P sensor).
It will definitely have the best camera among budget flagships.

Back