New Prince of Persia

itari

Disciple
A new Prince of Persia game has been announced. Heard about it at another forum. Thought the last one was good. So excited about this:

SAN FRANCISCO –April 28, 2008 – Today Ubisoft, one of the world's largest video game publishers, announced that a new Prince of Persia is scheduled to release Holiday 2008 for the Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft, the PLAYSTATION®3 computer entertainment system and PC. This new Prince of Persia marks the debut of the critically acclaimed franchise on next-generation consoles. Developed by Ubisoft's award winning Montreal studio that brought you Assassin's Creed(TM) and the same all-star team that created the previously acclaimed Prince of Persia® Sands of Time trilogy, Prince of Persia is opening a new chapter in the Prince of Persia universe, featuring a new breed of gameplay. The game is poised to rejuvenate the action-adventure genre in addition to introducing a brand-new illustrative art style.

Ubisoft will also release a Prince of Persia game specifically designed for the Nintendo DS(TM) system, featuring an entirely new storyline and new characters. More details to be unveiled in the future.
:clap: :hap2:
Noul Prince of Persia va fi lansat în acest an » ComputerGames.ro - jocuri, download, forum

I am wating for this game :)

I liked the pop two thrones sooo much that I was hooked on to my ps2 for few weeks.

Holy cow! So fast.That's amazing.I mean I had heard rumours of POP4 but never knew it would be hitting the scene so quickly.I loved The Two Thrones but still haven't completed Warrior Within & Sands Of Time.:ashamed:

After playing God Of War,Prince seems like a pauper.:bleh: But then again the environment & background score is something which really pulls me towards POP series.Anxiously awaiting it.:hap2:

this is one of series of games which i like most... sands of time and warrior within was best as i completed both 3 times but still can't win the Two Thrones:mad: ... waiting for the next action of the prince:)

warrior within was the finest

+1 for that opinion. :)

Though I loved the The Two Thrones as much. It was probably because WW was my first encounter with PoP, I had never even seen SoT. But the gameplay and fighting techniques got me so hooked to WW, that I must have played that entire game at least 4 times in a row when it was new.

Must say, this is pleasant surprise from Ubisoft. I really thought that TT was the end of PoP. :yeah:

Here is My opinion Played all three games atleast thrice :)

Story :
Sands of time = Warrior Within >> Two Thrones.

Ambience and Music
Sands of time >> Two Thrones > Warrior Within.

Fights and Action etc
Warrior Within > Two Thrones > Sands of Time.

Replay Value
Warrior Within > Sands of Time > Two Thrones.

Gfx, Gory and Violence
Warrior Within > Two Thrones > Sands of Time

And UBISOFT is never going to end PoP series :) because of its popularity that's my speculation.

hehe ive played all the versions till date..ya even the dos ones...the first 3d was released in `99 afaik....the time of The GeForce3 (codenamed NV20)...

the first 3d was such a big jump dat we shudnt frgt that 2!

Music to my ears ....

so glad another one is confirmed now.. Warrior within was amazing @ first but it go so repetitive. i lyked TT more, but @ de same time WW rox. lol now derz a battle by itself :p

I have played every version of POP starting from the good old DOS version (POP 1). But after the disaster that was 2T ,I cant say that I am loking forward to "another":bleh: POP game.
POP 2T was as bad as WW was great . The gameplay was repetetive, nothing new or innovative was added to the game , the graphics though a tad better qualitatively but the game essentially retained the same look and feel.
The best thing in WW was the Dahaka sequence . Those were one of the most pleasurable gaming experiance I ever had.

For the new game , I hope UBSoft would revert back to the lilting Middle East music theme and introduce a little less of violence and gore.

a little less of violence and gore.

Less??? More the merrier... hehe.

The best thing I loved about WW was the gameplay, the way you can build your own fight sequences was the best part of it. Ohh those moves... need to hunt that WW disk to play again. :p

Back