PC Peripherals New rig giving some problems

kalesh

Disciple
during usual use ... its working fine...

When I write a dvd@16x it hangs up (2x times ive done ..both the time it froze)..@12x and @8x its working fine.

Random hangs in farcry.
See sig for config. Using Corsair 450w power supply.

The 1st thing came to my mind was that power supply is not enough..so i disconnected one of IDE's. Well.. I was able to run farcry for like 2hrs (prior..it took like 20-30min for freeze)..and I thought ah.. its working fine.. suddenly it froze. *sigh*.

Also I am using a 1 year old 400watt microtek ups.....

any ideas where the fault may lie..

drivers are not the issue im sure..... but installed the latest drivers for GPU.

maybe il need to run memtest on the rams.

kalesh said:
during usual use ... its working fine...

When I write a dvd@16x it hangs up (2x times ive done ..both the time it froze)..@12x and @8x its working fine.

Random hangs in farcry.
See sig for config. Using Corsair 450w power supply.

The 1st thing came to my mind was that power supply is not enough..so i disconnected one of IDE's. Well.. I was able to run farcry for like 2hrs (prior..it took like 20-30min for freeze)..and I thought ah.. its working fine.. suddenly it froze. *sigh*.

Also I am using a 1 year old 400watt microtek ups.....

any ideas where the fault may lie..
U mean a 400VA UPS??? I dun think tat'd be enuf n besides tats not affecting ur performance anyway.

Wats d drivers fer the gfx card?? Try the new ones here:
GeForce Release 174

And which DVD-RW drive btw???

u have new corsair xms2 ram , right? i hope its not a mobo issue... i also got the gigabyte 8800, need to run a new heavy game for a long time to test system stability...

it might b a graphics card issue...
many people r facing probs jus like u with der gigabyte 8800gt...

try googling ... maybe u wld b able 2 get sumthng..

@kalesh: when you say system freezes, does the image remain stuck and visible or does the screen go blank? i have also gotten blank screen requiring reboot, once with 3dmark05 test and the other time when i raised the GPU clock a little and ran 3dmark06... maybe you should try reducing the GPU clocks a bit... that too not in the GamerHUD (scam tool) but in something like rivatuner...

image remains stuck.....

well..can both of ya enlighten me a bit abt .. few more volts to ram (from bios?).. and reducing GPU clock.. (yea.. that GamerHUD looks scam)... I underclocked it before and ..after a while it told me its overclocked...

Back