PC Peripherals New rig giving some problems

kalesh

Disciple
Apr 4, 2008
New Delhi
www.practicalfish.com
during usual use ... its working fine...

When I write a dvd@16x it hangs up (2x times ive done ..both the time it froze)..@12x and @8x its working fine.

Random hangs in farcry.
See sig for config. Using Corsair 450w power supply.

The 1st thing came to my mind was that power supply is not enough..so i disconnected one of IDE's. Well.. I was able to run farcry for like 2hrs (prior..it took like 20-30min for freeze)..and I thought ah.. its working fine.. suddenly it froze. *sigh*.

Also I am using a 1 year old 400watt microtek ups.....

any ideas where the fault may lie..

Gannu

Unbanned
ex-Mod
kalesh said:
during usual use ... its working fine...

When I write a dvd@16x it hangs up (2x times ive done ..both the time it froze)..@12x and @8x its working fine.

Random hangs in farcry.
See sig for config. Using Corsair 450w power supply.

The 1st thing came to my mind was that power supply is not enough..so i disconnected one of IDE's. Well.. I was able to run farcry for like 2hrs (prior..it took like 20-30min for freeze)..and I thought ah.. its working fine.. suddenly it froze. *sigh*.

Also I am using a 1 year old 400watt microtek ups.....

any ideas where the fault may lie..
U mean a 400VA UPS??? I dun think tat'd be enuf n besides tats not affecting ur performance anyway.

Wats d drivers fer the gfx card?? Try the new ones here:
GeForce Release 174

And which DVD-RW drive btw???

vishalrao

Global Moral Police
Skilled
Nov 10, 2007
Pune, India
u have new corsair xms2 ram , right? i hope its not a mobo issue... i also got the gigabyte 8800, need to run a new heavy game for a long time to test system stability...

Styx

Skilled
Jul 15, 2007
P5N-E-SLI is pretty picky on RAM's.

Updating your motherboard bios and a reinstall of drivers may help.

RamPagE

Adept
Jan 24, 2008
it might b a graphics card issue...
many people r facing probs jus like u with der gigabyte 8800gt...

try googling ... maybe u wld b able 2 get sumthng..

vishalrao

Global Moral Police
Skilled
Nov 10, 2007
Pune, India
@kalesh: when you say system freezes, does the image remain stuck and visible or does the screen go blank? i have also gotten blank screen requiring reboot, once with 3dmark05 test and the other time when i raised the GPU clock a little and ran 3dmark06... maybe you should try reducing the GPU clocks a bit... that too not in the GamerHUD (scam tool) but in something like rivatuner...

kalesh

Disciple
Apr 4, 2008
New Delhi
www.practicalfish.com
image remains stuck.....

well..can both of ya enlighten me a bit abt .. few more volts to ram (from bios?).. and reducing GPU clock.. (yea.. that GamerHUD looks scam)... I underclocked it before and ..after a while it told me its overclocked...