New rig out of the box

hatter

Skilled
Much trouble I had bringing all of them together :devil:

MJLP3.jpg

The missing piece

Tq6WW.jpg

^^ Thanks.

And yes, feel free to to tell where I could have done better.

About some other items

Speakers ---- I am not using. (Though I have an old set of altec lansing vs4121. It's three years old but hardly used. If someone in Delhi wants to take it off from my hands at a reasonable price, feel free)

Mouse --- Old Logitech G400

UPS --- APC 700VA

DVD-RW/Optical Drive --- I have decided not to buy one. It's time for optical media to die!

Keyboard --- Currently using a borrowed Corsair Vengeance K90

Sound card -- Old Asus Xonar DG

Headphones -- Old AudioTechnica M35

^^ Yes, that is. Given the abysmal choice available in Indian market when it comes to cases, I had to lug it around from Taiwan, where I had gone for a few days. Very good case, though steel sheet on side panels is little too thin for my taste.

Also, if I am building a rig now, I will go for Cooler Master Silencio 650. It looks somewhat better than the Corsair one, will be available in India and I am sure will have a more sensible price. It was launched around a week after I bought 550D.

cong man btw u bought from Bangkok right ?

so what is the total damage for all parts so let me know it :)

Congrats :)

How much is dell monitor ? and how is the performance and colors ?

I think the price of the Dell monitor is around Rs 20,000. I got it for around Rs 18.5K from Delhi (knowing a computer dealer well has its privileges). An awesome monitor. I love its colours, contrast and brightness. Especially because my earlier monitor had a TN panel.

cong man btw u bought from Bangkok right ?

so what is the total damage for all parts so let me know it :)

Lol... nothing was bought from Bangkok. I bought RAM, case, thermal paste and fans (typhoons and TY140) from Taipei in Taiwan. Other parts have been bought from India. I did not really calculate total damages. But it is around Rs 1L.

Nice Rig. How much did it cost for all of this. Is this a total Gaming RIG.

Yes, it is kind of gaming RIG. But more than that it is my gateway to virtual life which is very important to me. Work-wise and otherwise.

Congrats for that rig, :)

Whats the total cost and please show us the final built rig

Will post a pic next time I open it up for cleaning. May be in a month or two.

Nice looking build there. 1 word of advice from experience, as far as possible.. try and go for a water cooled setup rather than an air cooled option.

Reason being, if you're located in a city like mumbai, i believe the salinity and the moisture content of the air over time, combines with the dirt and dust in the air to settle on the cooler (since the fans suck the air through the cooler) and this clogs the cooler vents around the pipes in quite a thick layer. Over time, the metal fins/vents erode and become quite rusty/jagged with lower cooling efficiency.

I faced this with my Thermalright Ultima 90I's, though they did last me a couple of years... eventually the metal fins got eroded and started flaking off..

So keep a good eye on the cooler, and try to blow off the dust and dirt as often as possible (maybe once a month)

Back