New side by side door/French door fridge

Hitachi big French. It is pretty much a no brainer. Have one for a couple of years. It's huge and has massive sized shelves.

Side-by-side waste a lot of space (internal partition, two hinged doors)

there are plenty of models that are without partitions, which make shelves really 'wide'. two doors are a boon for narrow spaces, otherwise to open that single large door, you would need a huge empty space in front of the refrigerator.

Last edited:
I wonder how will the refrigerator and the Freezer will be separated without partition. I had got a SBS primarily because of large Freezer. I intended to keep it in kitchen first had plumbing done there. but Sales adviser told me to go for non dispenser model as it won't need plumbing and we will have freedom to keep it in Dining room. there are some LG models which do not need plumbing connection but i think one will feel very lazy to refill the container again and again. for Ice and water.

Does anyone have double door with deeper at the bottom instead on the top, I have been browsing online and offline for quite a while, but I am not sure with fewer options which are available.

Back