New smartphone budget 32k

raxy

Disciple
Planning on getting a smartphone:), budget is around 32k.Will mostly be used for music and some gaming (camera doesn't matter much).
Kindly help me choose between these smartphones-

1. Samsung Galaxy S2
2. Sony Ericsson Xperia Arc
3. Sony Ericsson Xperia Play
4. Apple Iphone 4
5. HTC Sensation

this is a lil off topic,please forgive the intrusion. but do u guys feel that new mid-end phones will also be released in nov.?? specs like that of galaxy W or htc titan, namely, >1.4 ghz procy + adreno 205 gpu.
Also, can a windows mobile phone like titan be converted to a different OS i.e. android ?

^
According to me Galaxy Nexus will be better than SII for a couple of reasons.
Firstly, it has 720p resolution Super Amoled Screen. This is going to be the norm from now onwards just like WVGA and basically all apps will now be developed for 720p resolution (It doesn't mean WVGA/qHD won't be supported)
Secondly, it is without any Overlays that means faster and consistent updates for 18 months.
Only disappointment is camera but who knows it may capture images in top notch quality just like iPhone 4 optics.
You should also look at Motorola RAZR its a beauty 'Slim & Sharp'.

Anyone here thinks the galaxy nexus is too big to be used as a phone? I personally think that the likes of desire hd ie 4.3 inches was the max to be comfortably used. A size of 4 inches is perfect like the atrix or sgs.

aka911 said:
Anyone here thinks the galaxy nexus is too big to be used as a phone? I personally think that the likes of desire hd ie 4.3 inches was the max to be comfortably used. A size of 4 inches is perfect like the atrix or sgs.

Galaxy nexus is nearly the same size as SGS2, so it isnt too big to be used as a phone.

Actually the phone dimensions must be similar but your thumb has to work on a bigger area ... And I fail to understand the obsession with bigger screens and higher resolution, I would prefer better battery life and better heat management for these phones

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk

If I am not mistaken, I read somewhere that SGS II has a better screen than Galaxy Nexus. Because of Galaxy Nexus using a pen tile matrix type of display instead of an RGB one.

My personal choice would be the Motorola Droid Razr. Best looking and with Google soon acquiring Motorola, updates shouldn't be an issue.

This is going to be the norm from now onwards just like WVGA and basically all apps will now be developed for 720p resolution

I doubt that. Only based on Galaxy Nexus and Galaxy Note, devs wont start developing apps for 720p. It will take time.

I read somewhere that SGS II has a better screen than Galaxy Nexus

Galaxy Nexus uses pentile display and S2 uses conventional RGB. People say Pentile has some drawbacks, but not visible for naked eye.

Also, regarding screen size, its large BUT there are no buttons on Galaxy Nexus. The buttons are present on screen itself. So its size is similar to S2.

I say go for Galaxy Nexus if you want stock android experience, better screen and regular updates.

If you prefer better camera, and can live with delayed updates, then go for S2. I prefer the latter hence got S2 instead of waiting for Galaxy Nexus.

ambar_hitman said:
I doubt that. Only based on Galaxy Nexus and Galaxy Note, devs wont start developing apps for 720p. It will take time.

Its not only about Galaxy Nexus & Note, Lg has also launched Lg Eye LTE with 720p display, Hitachi & Toshiba have also developed 720p screens, Sony is also planning Xperia Arc HD.

In a couple of years 720p is going to be the norm.

Back