New SONY WH1000XM3 for 9k?

Asmit Anand

Recruit
Getting a sealed sony wh1000xm3 for 9k. It has a manufacture date of October 2019. Is it worth it? Any better headphones in this price range. Also will the pleather have deteriorated after 4 years of being in the box? Anything to keep in mind if I decide to buy it? Any help is appreciated.

The product is rock solid. If you are a daily commuter or office goer its a best buy. Price you are getting is very agresive. Even many used ones being sold online have much higher price.

Since the product is 4 year old , Do verify it throughly before making the purchase. Request a open box purchase. So you can renegotiate just in case.

Solid buy for the price. From what I can remember, XM4 added multi device support and slightly better noise cancelling. XM5 is basically a side-step.

will the pleather have deteriorated after 4 years of being in the box? Anything to keep in mind if I decide to buy it?
Considering they're synthetic and not even bio-degradable, don't think so. But conditions in which it was stored might have an effect. I left my headphones on a desk where there's frequent direct sunlight and didn't use for about 2 years, as I moved because of covid. The pleather got slightly torn. Even accounting for new replacement ear-cups, this is a good deal. Do check battery life though. If it's significantly lower, it might not last long.

Could you share the link. I might consider this. My headphones weigh half-a-kilo!

Getting a sealed sony wh1000xm3 for 9k. It has a manufacture date of October 2019. Is it worth it? Any better headphones in this price range. Also will the pleather have deteriorated after 4 years of being in the box? Anything to keep in mind if I decide to buy it? Any help is appreciated.
If you're into audio and listening its great

But the phone call ability of this unit is beyond crap. A feature not much talked about but became very important when WFH happened and everybody who needed to speak had to resort to all manner of hacks to have an experience an earphone a fraction of the cost could do without issue. Read this

Back