FS: Mobile New Sprint LG G2 32 GB LS980 WHITE/Black (GSM/CDMA).

Status
Not open for further replies.
^^ That is preposterous.It was never downloaded.so u cannot get it already downloaded.

Just asked a friend of mine regarding this..who has experince with this stuff and specifically this phone...He said :

" Boot certification error only comes if mobile has custom recovery installed and we take OTA update on it...

OTA will not brick LG G2 LS980 100... It will break only root...

So the buyer has (maybe) installed custom recovery on it and then he updated it and it got bricked..."

Again i had not installed any custom recovery.[DOUBLEPOST=1402306870][/DOUBLEPOST]Anyways...finally found the ignore button for some users...(2 specifically...)

I don't think it had recovery installed on it. coz then it should go into recovery when i pressed the key combo when phone was on. (Expert's please correct me)

I don't think it had recovery installed on it. coz then it should go into recovery when i pressed the key combo when phone was on. (Expert's please correct me)

Well my friend said he has updated g2 rooted (OTA), and they happened just fine.

So he said if custom recovery is installed, then it will brick otherwise not. I'm not accusing you of anything..

@ankurshah @chetansha This both and Dipesh is helping me out since the phone got bricked. You just can't ignore them. when I contacted you, you said you dont know about this brick so after that these guys were the only person who are trying to help.

Just spoke with @ankurshah and he said LG will not even accept the phone as it is rooted. So I am leaving for a JTAG now.
Stop this fight. All are just trying to help. No1 wants fight.

@n1tesh as I said now that take the phone for JTAG and if it doesn't happen, purchase a phone with a broken screen and swap the motherboards. Its the only solution for that now. Let us know how it goes,
Peace.

Have taken the OTA on at least 5-6 phones while the phone was rooted. Every one of them still works, so this does seem like bad luck. Even the unlock thread on XDA states that you can take the OTA without any issues.

Have taken the OTA on at least 5-6 phones while the phone was rooted. Every one of them still works, so this does seem like bad luck. Even the unlock thread on XDA states that you can take the OTA without any issues.

LG G2 OR any other phone ?

Obvious on the g2. Well as far as my experience goes even my phone got soft bricked. I was able to use tot method.

I think my battery drained out before any method work so I am facing this problem. Few members on xda said that battery wont get charge when phone is bricked. So I may also have some luck if i change battery with a charged battery.

Try talking to lg people and convincing them to check the battery maybe? They must have a used one lying around for sure

Try talking to lg people and convincing them to check the battery maybe? They must have a used one lying around for sure

I went there today but they said new battery doesn't work. the phone was inside so i dont know what exactly he mean by doesnt work. Tomorrow i will again go and request him to show me the device after inserting new battery.[DOUBLEPOST=1402332661][/DOUBLEPOST]If that fails then i will ship it to US.
LG US has given me RA no. and other details.
And If they finds out that the phone is rooted and warranty is void then I will request them to replace the motherboard under paid service.[DOUBLEPOST=1402332994][/DOUBLEPOST]
@prateekS were the system app files renamed by u or by @n1tesh?

Is it a part of root process or unlocking ?
I was doing all the process of rooting the phone when I came home with phone but later on adb cmds i realized it is already rooted then I contacted prateekS n he said he rooted the phone.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back