Linux New to Linux...........????

hai
i m new to linux....i came across this new OS called Elive GEM 1.0...which i m planning to install.....i m going to install linux 4 the first time......
Plz tell me the basic commands of linux to help me operate it properly..............
:huh:

look hero,
i know windows wil always b the best....i just thought of installing linux and c how it works...i just asked for some basic commands on linux....if u guys don't want to answer it straight away ...fine...:no:
i m not against windows.........or anything..............just give me the linux commands...

Dark Star wud b of gr8 help........................

If u wanna try linux for the first time , try live cd where u dont need to install anything.

The linux will run from the Cd itself , if u like the look and feel then u can go ahead and install it.

Live Linux CD's which u can try is

1.> Ubuntu

2.> PCLinux OS 2007

But are gr8

I agree livecd is the way to go... as far as giving basic commands... it's not that simple, there are so many depending on what it is you want to do. Start off with the livecd gui interface and look for tutorials on the web that will give you a much better understanding. You will learn a lot more that way... Ubuntu has a great forum and has a lot of information on their website and wiki.

Bah :| Windows the best looks every 1 has corrupted memory here :rofl: Ok as far as Linux is concerned every linux atm support Live CD .. So better get gng with Mandriva 07 or Ubuntu :D I would recommend Mandriva since you are 1'st timer :p

Dark Star said:
Bah :| Windows the best looks every 1 has corrupted memory here :rofl: Ok as far as Linux is concerned every linux atm support Live CD .. So better get gng with Mandriva 07 or Ubuntu :D I would recommend Mandriva since you are 1'st timer :p

wow...thank u for ur help everyone.... and u too dark star...i saw u in www.linuxquestios.org....And Dark star,what r ur views on Windows and Linux?????which one do u like more????windows????linux????

i installed ELive GEM 1.0 using VMWare and i have to admit....the interface is awesome.....:clap: :eek:hyeah: i guess i will use both together :hap2: now...

Back