New toys :P

Nikhil

Skilled
Well, Chaos is not the only one getting new toys :p Of course what I got is in no way comparable to his :p Like comparing a bullock cart and a Ferrari and I am not exaggerating:p

But still, am really happy today
NV Silencer 5 :D But this version has thermal pads instead of the pure copper base of the earlier version. It has thermal pads where the RAM should be. Will post detailed pics later. A little short on time now :p

Asked for AS5 but was not available and so my dad got this.... any good ?

This is the iskin for my ipod :D Not exactly what I was looking for, but I guess this will do for the time being. Actually was looking for one which completely covers the ipod screen and the click wheel.

Told my dad that I scraped off the thermal pads from my old heatsink, so he decided to get me this..... still dont know how useful this will be :p

An add-on zoom lens for the digi cam :p Looks real neat and you can actually make out the difference. Have not tried it much though......

a boz of 50 DVD+Rs :D Verbatim 16x certified!!! Perfect for my 1650 :D :yahoo:

Nikhil said:
Well, Chaos is not the only one getting new toys :p Of course what I got is in no way comparable to his :p Like comparing a bullock cart and a Ferrari and I am not exaggerating:p

But still, am really happy today
NV Silencer 5 :D But this version has thermal pads instead of the pure copper base of the earlier version. It has thermal pads where the RAM should be. Will post detailed pics later. A little short on time now :p

a boz of 50 DVD+Rs :D Verbatim 16x certified!!! Perfect for my 1650 :D :yahoo:

where did you get these two things from & whats the cost?

awesome stuffs dere nikki y dont u put on some more pics thruh tht cam and some more pics of the silencer :bleh:

Got from singapore for 60S$. The Silencer i.e

got everything also from s'pore :p

But you guys wint believe it..... I am soo doomed!!!

I tried installing the Silencer. One screw was not getting screwed(pun not intended :p ). I tried removing the whole thing and trying again.

The same screw was nit getting unscrewed :p The small rod on which it was supposed to fit perfectly was rotating while I was rotating the screw.

So, I tried to squeeze in a small pliers in the small gap to hold the rod while I tried unscrewing again.

I knocked off a capacitor in the process :cry: So, now, I need to get the capacitor soldered tomorrow. Right now using my mom's lappy. Am not taking a risk by trying to run the card without that capacitor.

And any ideas for the loose rod that is rotating while I am screwing in the screw :p ??

Oh yeah.... and another thing.

Should I put thermal paste on the RAM??? coz the silencer has thermal pads for the RAM. So should I put thermal paste on the RAM?

no need for thermal paste if you are using thermal pads ....

and kindly post a pic of the scene of the tragedy .....

edit: saw the pics ...(he sent it to me via msn) ....the only possible solution i can think of is to use a strong adhesive like araldite and apply thin layer over the joint and leave it for 24 hrs to cure and dry.

or if you are good with soldering jobs then applying solder over it should not take a few minutes at the most. (or get it done from ur neighbour hood radio/TV repair guy.)
but whatever you do use a very thin layer , i mean it should not bulge much since then there would not be a good contact between the gpu core and this copper slab.

and while tighening the nut over this go very gently and do not tighten as much as the other screws.

BAD BAD BAD... Thats lame Nikhil... Should be more careful with hardware... The only thing i can feel from your last post is that you arent using proper tools... Get a proper plier/screwdriver... Put the card on table... Sit on Chair and handle it like a baby... Also Dont try to solder it yourself... Get it doe from a good pro... Preferbly who repairs mobile phones as they are expert with handeling smaller circitury as compared to TV repair guys...

I am getting it done by a pro.

and I am not bad at handling things. I have my own tool kit :p

Just that the damn rod was loose and kept rotating with the nut

This is it. The circled rod rotates with the nut.

which cap broke off? if it was the one near the edge of the card then its ok you can get it fixed and card can still work.
is the Nv5 rev2?

Hey nikhil feel bad about that mishap..:( but you got a gr8 line of goodies from 'pore...lucky u man...;) get the Cap soldered soon and fire up that thing!! I'm sure u r not comfortable on the laptop..:bleh:

yeah the rev 2.

the middle circle has a small thing in the centre..... the right side circle has that same thing broken off...

I cant take a better pic. but it looks like it was soldered. It is symmetrical with the other RAM placements on the backside of the card.

Back