New WiFi Router Under 2k!

S.H.A.D.E

The Paladin
Disciple
Hey guys.
I'm planning to buy a WiFi Router! I have no idea which one to get though. Any input will be appreciated.
Thank You!! :)

Double the price, too! :)

WR740n has dd wrt too!

Can you guys comment on how good the range will be on both routers??

Have used both.

Got 841 for 1500.

740n has 1 antaenna 5dbi .

841 has 2 antaenna 5dbi.

So yes 841 is way better , 740n is to be used if u want strong signal in the room where router is kept.

Because once signal passes through wall , u get 1/5 bars...and 740n also has random signal drops.

Alright I'm almost convinced!
I might get the 841. Looks like its the best bang for buck under 2k! Should I go for it?

You still haven't mentioned whether you want ADSL or not there are better routers than TPlink if you are looking for Router only

You still haven't mentioned whether you want ADSL or not there are better routers than TPlink if you are looking for Router only

If he had required ADSL, he would have asked for a "MODEM" plus router.

Also the ones listed above are Router ONLY. And the ASUS ones in this price range do not come close to it..

Thank you for the reply, @Decius.
Can you comment on the range and Signal strength of the router??
Thanks, again! :)

I have found it pretty decent for my usage, as I use it on a single floor only (basically a 3 BHK). I get 1/2 bars strength at the farthest end which is pretty decent for my usage. I got it for abt Rs 850 at that time and I couldnt have asked more at that price. :)

Since u have higher budget u can certainly go for higher and better options.

Hey guys, sorry for bumping up this thread again. i still haven't purchased the router. I was completely convinced about the TP-Link wr841n but then I'm a little concerned about the build quality and how long it'll last. Also, how good is the customer support in India?
My brother suggested The Netgear JWNR2000. Which one is better?

I cant vouch for the customer support, however the build quality is comparable to other manufacturers like asus and all.

I have found Belkin to have the best build quality. Ideally if you are not looking at a lot of features go with something that is stable.

Hey guys, sorry for bumping up this thread again. i still haven't purchased the router. I was completely convinced about the TP-Link wr841n but then I'm a little concerned about the build quality and how long it'll last. Also, how good is the customer support in India?
My brother suggested The Netgear JWNR2000. Which one is better?
What do u mean how long it will last?

I'm using once since 6 months and it still has 2.5 years warranty left, in case of any problems tp link blindly sends you a new one if u ask for replacement, without even testing old one..

Back