New Year Special - CORSAIR 4GB DDR3 XMS3 Single Stick 1600Mhz - TheITWares.com

impulse1992 said:
wat about dual channel

can this be paired with overclocked 2gb

i know this is stupid question
See,
1-If you put two COMPLETELY similar RAM sticks (2GB 1333Mhz & 2GB 1333Mhz) together then they will work perfectly in Dual Channel.

2-If you put one RAM stick (say 2GB 1333Mhz) and another higher freq RAM stick (say 2GB 1600Mhz) then they will still work in Dual Channel but both will work at the lower of the 2 freq (ex. 1333 Mhz)

3- If you put one RAM stick (say 2GB 1333Mhz) and another larger RAM stick (4GB 1333Mhz) then they will not work in Dual Channel as the sizes don't match.

Seeing as you are facing condition 3, Dual Channel won't work. Hope you understood :)

Supra said:
I dont know if I should post this but check this.....my jaws r dropping :O

But since its from Prime...I am sure Rahul can match this or even get a lower price for us :)

Corsair CMX4GX3M1A1600C9 4gb for 2200/- with tax :O

Buy Corsair CMX4GX3M1A1600C9 4gb in Mumbai India

I bought 2GB X 2 for 2700 :mad:
Unbelivable pricing, 300 rs. lesser than even the cheapest you can find in U.S. I am tempted to buy 2 of these, but I already have 4 GB, and I really don not need the extra memory right now. It is predicted that by end of Q1, most OEM's will start shipping their mainstream PC's and above with at least 8 GB and this will cause a shortage, and prices will go up again. So, the best time to buy would be in April. Price should be about 3500 for 8 GB by then!

Back