News: Mumbai mirror - God of Games.

lol!! serious apologies mates!!!

i was just heart broken that i wont be able to attend it so....just gave the essentials....

btw, thats all the ad in the paper says!! (in my defense!)

apparently this is the 4th ~ 5th year of this event..

so someone who attended last year could shed some light..

all i can say is that, this is a major breakthrough in the indian gaming scene.

back when i used to play, participating in gaming events was just a fantasy!

i wish all the TE guys participating THE VERY BEST LUCK!!!

PS: the prizes are not that huge....but i feel this should not demotivate you!

regards,

kha!ee!

OK......you asked for it!!

God of Gaming is Mumbai Mirror’s annual PC gaming championship with over 1800 people participating in the tournament last year. This is the fourth year and competition is poised to get better.

Come down to compete if you play any of these

Need for Speed : Most Wanted – For this contest you will compete against other racers to get the best lap times and achieve the spot of numero uno.

FIFA 2010 – FIFA 2010 is the latest iteration of the popular FIFA franchise, it is probably the most popular sports based game int he world. This is a solo competition where you test your football skills against another player. The victor moves forward, till there is only one.

Defends of the Ancients : World of Warcraft or (DOTA) – This is a 5 player team game. Each team plays against anouther team and will have to overpower their opponents to win.

The prizes as mentioned are out there with Razer Megaldons 5.1 sound Headsets, Razer Mamba mice & mouse pads and Nvidia 3D Gaming Glasses and GTX220 range of Graphic Cards

The tournament begins on 3 June, 2010 and registration will happen at the venue on June 3rd and 4th. The registration is free of costs and one person can register for as many games as they want. However, you have to register as a team of five for DOTA. Participants are allowed to bring in their own mice and keyboards, but drivers and compatibility issues will not be taken care by us. Duration of games would be announced before commencing each round.

So head down to Oberoi Mall, Goregoan on 3 June, 2010 at 11am sharp and register to win the title of God of Gaming 2010

khaleelda1 said:
all i can say is that, this is a major breakthrough in the indian gaming scene.
back when i used to play, participating in gaming events was just a fantasy!
How long back was that? It seems rather odd. I have attented 4 different national gaming tourneys. And most of them were at least 5 years back. Plus, I'm not even a serious gamer.

Any of you guys attending? There doesn't seem to be any FPS on the list, so I'm guessing, no.

khaleelda1 said:
OK......you asked for it!!

Defends of the Ancients : World of Warcraft or (DOTA) – This is a 5 player team game. Each team plays against anouther team and will have to overpower their opponents to win.
World of Warcraft is a completely different game and it is tons better than DOTA (I am a die hard fan of DOTA and no offense here, but once you start WoW, u wont play any other game).

I guess a lot of people think DOTA and WoW are same. DOTA is a map played on the game Warcraft 3 strategy game with Frozen throne expansion. Whereas, world of Warcraft is a MMO which is a continuation of the story from the strategy game.

Back