Next Call of Duty leaked: Modern Warfare tackles terrorists

dipdude

Skilled
We've heard from a reliable source what the next two Call of Duty titles will be about:

One will focus on the Normandy Breakout campaign in WWII, while the other moves into the modern age, taking the fight to Middle Eastern terrorists.

The big release news is that Call of Duty: Modern Warfare and the other WWII-themed game will be released for PC, PS2, PS3, Xbox, and Xbox 360--and they will be released only 3 months apart from one another. This would follow the pattern of releases for Call of Duty 2 on the PC and 360 and Call of Duty 2: Big Red One on current-gen consoles, only this time both would be released on both generations of hardware (minus the GameCube and Revolution).

What follows below are brief descriptions of each title, though Infinity Ward was explicitly fingered as the developer of Modern Warfare, while the as-yet untitled WWII game had no such designation. This would lead us to believe that "CoD 3" (or whatever that WWII game ends up being called) is being produced by Big Red One dev Treyarch. Whatever the case may be, just remember, folks: you heard about Call of Duty: Modern Warfare here first!

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare,
as we stated before, moves the Call of Duty franchise into the modern era, where you'll serve as part of the U.S. Army, U.S. Marines, and British S.A.S. to take on terrorists loyal to an aggressive Middle Eastern dictator. This war on terror must be fought all over the world--in locations as diverse as vessels at sea in the North Atlantic, secret terrorist cells in London, the urban streets of Eastern Europe, and, of course, the Middle East--as you try to stop a terrorist coalition from using its deadly chemical arsenal.

The next Call of Duty World War II-based title will return gamers to the battlefields of Normandy as the Allies take on Nazi Germany to drive them out of France once and for all. This time around, American and British forces are joined by Canadian troops, Polish tanks, and French freedom fighters in a reenactment of the bloody Normandy Breakout campaign spearheaded during the summer of 1944. In the push to Paris, you'll get to choose how you approach each mission, free of menu screens and jarring non-interactive cut-scenes.

hmasalia said:
Hi!
I want to know my friends has an 945 G Card will it support COD2?

I assume u mean the 945G mobo which has GMA 950 graphics. I guess it should play, albeit at the lowest settings and also depending on the rest of the config as well.

No more story left from WWII.... so, stepping into future !

Sounds/Smeals like HALO / Quake 4 etc.

By the way, I have seen the trailer of COD3, its still WWII based !!! not the 'future'.

I personally, don't want COD to become some futuristic war. Then change the 'title'.

Call of Future

or

Call of Destiny

or

Call of Faith

etc.

I would play it only for the modern warfare...... I thoroughly disliked COD 1 ....never finished it :p ...... I consider it as 600/- wasted :p

I know I know..... my taste in games suck...but what to do :p :rofl:

apparently COD3 wud b a console-only release..! that sucks.I loved COD & COD2-amazing graphics,a thrrough & through FPS & humans to kill & fight against..!!

Nikhil, Call of Duty ruled... sell the game to someone who will enjoy it :D COD reminded me a lot of MOHAA, which was a killer war FPS in it's time.

COD took people to the battlefield with its amazing audio :O i still cant believe the amazing sound effects..and they sounded great on my crappy speakers... and the system requirements were decent as well.. i haven played COD2 :ashamed: COD 1 ruled... one of the best games ive ever played :) only bad thing was the game length ..it was too short..i loved shootin those planes down..that was super :D...the normandy version is gonna be awesome..not too interested in the whole terrorism thing :p

Back