Nexus 4 (16GB) Price details - Import - Post 1st March

Sarath_

Adept
I am sure many threads have dealt with the Nexus 4 in great detail. I am however only laying down the present situation regarding Nexus 4 imports and hoping to clear some of the confusion about the recent rise in customs duty.

To start with, the total cost of getting a Nexus 4 (16GB) in your hand in India is Rs. 23726 (and this is for my specific situation which may vary)

The breakdown:

Nexus 4 (16GB) + shipping + tax = Rs.21500 (if shipped to Oregan then the cost is only Rs. 20020
Shipping to India + customs = Rs.2364 (PPO Box) Shipping, Handling & Taxes: 618 + Duty & Clearance Fees: Rs. 1,746

My order was placed on 3rd March and shipped on 6th March by Google. I used PPO box to ship it to Bangalore.

Since PPOBox does only have insurance up to $200, How safe is it to order that expensive phone? I want to order one but kind of skeptical about the "missing" packet from Custom (dock) stories. :-(

SNS is the best for me, have ordered several devices till date, touchwood everything was perfectly packed and delivered:)

Was charged 5284 for 2 16gb via FedEx,yesterday. This is only the customs duty.

5284 includes fedex handling charges of Rs 350.

E3E2C0B3_zpsbf7e1749.jpg

Was charged 5284 for 2 16gb via FedEx,yesterday. This is only the customs duty.

5284 includes fedex handling charges of Rs 350.

Looks pretty expensive buddy, as SNS has been charging me only 4253 for 2 nexus 16GB phones which includes customs,insurance and shipping

Looks pretty expensive buddy, as SNS has been charging me only 4253 for 2 nexus 16GB phones which includes customs,insurance and shipping

I think he had few cases too along with it.

If customs takes the actual declared value then duty should be approx 3.5k but then you can never depend on Indian customs officers.

Since PPOBox does only have insurance up to $200, How safe is it to order that expensive phone? I want to order one but kind of skeptical about the "missing" packet from Custom (dock) stories. :-(

before 1st march i ordered 2 nexus 4 16gb and i was charged 2800 or something both nexus 4 in same parcel ;)

Back