Budget Above 25K nexus 6p vs one plus 3

annsso

Recruit
1. Budget?
A: INR 30k

2. Preferred display size, type and resolution?
A: 4.7"-5.5", IPS LCD/AMOLED, FHD and above

3. Preferred operating system? (Android (with version), iOS, Windows Phone etc).
A: 6.0.1

4. Preferred connectivity options? (4G, 3G, 2G etc).
A: would be travelling so the more lte bands the better

5. Do you have any brand preference or dislike? Please name them.
A: No preference. Should have good service network

6. What is your intended use for this phone (internet, camera, multimedia, mails etc.)?
A: Camera, mails and internet

7. Single SIM/ Dual SIM?
A: No preference

8. New or Used? Online or Offline?
A: New/used Don’t mind buying online

9. Any other requirements?
A: Need good battery backup, 32gb minimum

10. If you have already considered a phone, then please mention the model
A: nexus 6p vs oneplus 3 leaning towards the nexus

My vote goes to the Nexus 6p. It's a brilliant device and you will definitely get support from the community for a very long time.
But considering how well the one plus 3 is doing and seeing XDA it looks like the One Plus 3 has a great community support as well.

Also after my LG G Pro 2 i am against a huge screen device but thats just me

OP3, in long run, it will be a much better option! Battery will probably be optimized more by future updates! OR you can use some community roms and kernels to extract the best possible battery life!

The new Nexus devices are being made by HTC and I am sure they will be terribly overpriced.
I am very much interested in the 5" Nexus device if they price it around 25K but I am sure it will cost over 30K, may be 35K.
The bigger Nexus is likely to cost around 40K

The new Nexus devices are being made by HTC and I am sure they will be terribly overpriced.
I am very much interested in the 5" Nexus device if they price it around 25K but I am sure it will cost over 30K, may be 35K.
The bigger Nexus is likely to cost around 40K
Price had nothing to do with HTC last 2 nexus were by LG and at the time of launch they both were priced around 33,

Nexus 6p which they calling a Premium device (its suks premium bull sh!t does not even supports VoLTE) was launched for 43k for a 32gb variant but then it was/is a premium phone.

I own one and must say apart from the Volte thing nothing comes close to this phone.

well really? Nexus phones were priced at the range you said even last time? So how are the forthcoming Nexus's overpriced by HTC when they are speculated to be shipping for identical pricing?
Let's wait for the launch price..shall we ?
HTC was once a leading manufacturer and now it is almost on the verge of extinction. Even a new brand like ASUS has overtaken them in Thailand. The main reason for HTC going downhill is there terrible pricing and the worst part of it is they seem to be not willing to learn. I hope the Nexus devices are priced well but chances are slim. Plz mind that pricing it relatively cheap and compromising on stuff like build quality is NOT priced well

Let's wait for the launch price..shall we ?
Remind me who wanted to suggest that Nexus (which is highly unlikely to be the name as per the latest rumours) will be overpriced even without waiting for a confirmed price yet.

Plz mind that pricing it relatively cheap and compromising on stuff like build quality is NOT priced well
Could you enlighten me on the term "pricing right"? Well I dont knows what it means and the prices of all the devices in the market (>50K for every flagships on Samsung,LG) are confusing me even more. Well there are phones priced cheaper for obviously lower segments and you have a variety of options to pick from - wont count as I am no fan of comparing apples with oranges.

This also raises a question of Chinese brands pricing cheaper for high end specs are not corner cut?

To me, the flagships are priced high and the current gen of Google phones are their step to an Apple like business model. Honestly, I dont mind paying 40K for a flagship from google with high end specs when the manufacturer are not even getting to put their logo on the device. This should even rule out your argument of "HTC price tag". But again, these are rumors that may or may not make it to the release. Lets wait and watch if you can be patient till then.

450 will buy you the Sailfish with its 5" 1080p screen, Snapdragon 820, 13MP + 8MP cameras and 32GB of storage. That's more than the $380 the Nexus 5X cost when it launched at a year ago with comparable specs.
And it's up to $600 for the Marlin and its 5.5" QHD screen, same chipset, camera and storage. It's not clear if Google will be offering higher storage capacities. For comparison, the Nexus 6P launched at $500 (and is obviously much less now).

I will just leave this here...
http://www.gsmarena.com/nexus_sailf...ed_to_be_higher_than_5x_and_6p-news-20215.php

These are rumors, so take it with a pinch of salt!

^^^

Haha..let's wait for the launch but I am already smiling :)

How Nexus became popular? It is because they offered great performance at a cheaper price than other flagships combined with the guarantee of future updates and vanilla android experience.

Now, if the new Nexus Marlin is launched at 45K or more, it simply does not have the value proposition of a Nexus 5 which was probably the best Nexus ever. Why? because the Galaxy S7 is available at such a price with similar hardware and probably a better screen, better camera along with water resistance. Now, I am fine if Google wants to change the positioning of it's Nexus but for that they need to offer something more in terms of build/camera/features. At the same time, the premium positioning of Nexus will be a heart break for lot of Nexus fans.

Back